Quantcast

Photo

Tell me something good that happened to you today.

happy shit

• Please log in to reply
2915 replies to this topic

#1 Shannon

Shannon
  • šŸ’¦šŸŒŗ water type ā™“āœØ

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:27 PM

There's enough doom and gloom in the world. I want to hear about your happy moments, no matter how small they may be. :)

#2 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:33 PM

I took a 5 hour long nap today.

#3 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:38 PM

Catching up on my shows: Agents of SHIELD, At Midnight, Family Guy, Gotham, iZombie, The Daily Show, and The Flash. 2afdea9.jpg Good times.

#4 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:56 PM

I think I did well on my AP Psych test. And my Honors IR (International Relations) teacher moved our quiz on China back to tomorrow. 

#5 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:57 PM

I made it through a whole day at work without killing someone.

#6 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:58 PM

My co workers were really nice to me and wanted to take care of me

#7 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:01 PM

I had an awesome preliminary budget review with my accountant and company president.

#8 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:35 PM

I woke up early this morning and I decided to swing by Taco Bell to try the new Jalapeno Honey Chicken Biscuit. I had never had Taco Bell breakfast and this item looked good, so I figured I'd make the most of my time.

I got to the Taco Bell drive thru, and the menu was still on lunch from the previous day. I drove around to go inside instead, just in case there happened to be a different item I wanted and was unaware of, since I'd yet to visit for breakfast. I settled for two of the Chicken Biscuit tacos that I had my heart set on from the get go. I realized I forgot my wallet in my car after placing my order, so I ran out to grab it.

Upon inspection of my car, I realized I must have left my wallet at home on the counter, or in the pocket of my pants I wore to work yesterday. Every day when I get home from work, I take off my pants/shirt and hang them up, so I don't have to have them dry cleaned as often, and I must have forgotten to get my wallet out. I went back inside to apologize to the woman for wasting her time, and explained to her what an idiot I was. She laughed and said don't worry, everyone has a bad day sometimes, and she told me she couldn't let me go to work on an empty stomach. She comped my meal and told me that her name was Phyllis and she was the manager, and to her, a happy customer is worth more than the $5.35 my meal was going to cost. I was moved by her generosity, because it's something I rarely experience in these parts, much less at 7:30 AM. I wrote Taco Bell Corporate when I got home, because I wanted to share with them her good deed.

I am going back tomorrow on my way to work to pay reimburse the store the cost of my meal. I ended up having a pretty solid day all around, and that was all sparked by her gesture early in the AM.

Hopefully this is the kind of story you were looking for.  :)

Edited by talbs, 22 April 2015 - 05:37 PM.

#9 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:07 PM

I had a CPR class today and I was the only student since the two others flaked out. It was supposed to be only a 2 hour course going over procedure (the lecture was done online earlier to today) and I have three grand hours of being quizzed verbally. I struggled since I only learned the basics the night before and I didn't eat breakfast (the class started at 1) and I saw the instructor shake his head in shame at my stupid answers. 

But it was amazing. He gave me so much personal attention, kept me on my feet, and I truly believe after some more time reviewing by myself, I can even teach a class of at least 20 people the basics of CPR.

#10 Shannon

Shannon

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:17 PM

These little stories are turning my day around. I ran out of rep for now, but I'll be repping everyone else who posts before midnight tonight for being so wonderful.

On a personal note, today, three different friends of mine checked in on me to see how I was doing because they know I'm dealing with some stressful things lately. Their compassion made my day so much brighter.

#11 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:36 PM

I woke up today. 

Also my Dad gave me some dope swag from Israel.

My nephew is running around in a shirt with camels on it.

I ate a caramilk egg.

I didn't have to go into work.

I ate a whole mini watermelon. :D

#12 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:40 PM

On a personal note, today, three different friends of mine checked in on me to see how I was doing because they know I'm dealing with some stressful things lately. Their compassion made my day so much brighter.

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. Glad this thread is helping though. If you ever need to chat or vent or anything, my PM box is always open. flowerred.gif

This thread was an excellent idea; it's brightening my own spirits 100-fold hearing how everyone's having such a great day also.

Wishing you all a very awesome, happy tomorrow as well. 

2rxiqus.jpg

I woke up early this morning and I decided to swing by Taco Bell to try the new Jalapeno Honey Chicken Biscuit. I had never had Taco Bell breakfast and this item looked good, so I figured I'd make the most of my time.

I got to the Taco Bell drive thru, and the menu was still on lunch from the previous day. I drove around to go inside instead, just in case there happened to be a different item I wanted and was unaware of, since I'd yet to visit for breakfast. I settled for two of the Chicken Biscuit tacos that I had my heart set on from the get go. I realized I forgot my wallet in my car after placing my order, so I ran out to grab it.

Upon inspection of my car, I realized I must have left my wallet at home on the counter, or in the pocket of my pants I wore to work yesterday. Every day when I get home from work, I take off my pants/shirt and hang them up, so I don't have to have them dry cleaned as often, and I must have forgotten to get my wallet out. I went back inside to apologize to the woman for wasting her time, and explained to her what an idiot I was. She laughed and said don't worry, everyone has a bad day sometimes, and she told me she couldn't let me go to work on an empty stomach. She comped my meal and told me that her name was Phyllis and she was the manager, and to her, a happy customer is worth more than the $5.35 my meal was going to cost. I was moved by her generosity, because it's something I rarely experience in these parts, much less at 7:30 AM. I wrote Taco Bell Corporate when I got home, because I wanted to share with them her good deed.

I am going back tomorrow on my way to work to pay reimburse the store the cost of my meal. I ended up having a pretty solid day all around, and that was all sparked by her gesture early in the AM.

Hopefully this is the kind of story you were looking for.  :)

That's a really awesome way to start the day. Really happy for you man.

I'm sure HQ will be sure to pass the word down back to the store. Way to pay the kindness forward. headbang.gif

All jobs could use an outstanding manager like that. 

I had a CPR class today and I was the only student since the two others flaked out. It was supposed to be only a 2 hour course going over procedure (the lecture was done online earlier to today) and I have three grand hours of being quizzed verbally. I struggled since I only learned the basics the night before and I didn't eat breakfast (the class started at 1) and I saw the instructor shake his head in shame at my stupid answers. 

But it was amazing. He gave me so much personal attention, kept me on my feet, and I truly believe after some more time reviewing by myself, I can even teach a class of at least 20 people the basics of CPR.

Always loved taking a smaller, 10ish person course in grade school. Just felt like I was able to absorb so much more with the professor there to interact on a more personal level like your instructor does. Easier to connect to the teacher and the lesson, imo. I have no doubt between his lessons and your further practice, you'd kick ass teaching your own class. Don't give up! You can do eet! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I think I did well on my AP Psych test. And my Honors IR (International Relations) teacher moved our quiz on China back to tomorrow. 

Heh, always nice to have an extra day to study or at the very least let loose some pre-quiz nerves or jitters.
Good luck! thumbsup2.gif

#13 Shannon

Shannon

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:43 PM

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. Glad this thread is helping though. If you ever need to chat or vent or anything, my PM box is always open. flowerred.gif

This thread was an excellent idea; it's brightening my own spirits 100-fold hearing how everyone's having such a great day also.

Wishing you all a very awesome, happy tomorrow as well. 

2rxiqus.jpg

So king of you to say - I'll keep that in mind. So happy you're benefiting from this thread as well. It's nice to complain every now and then, but I'm so glad we all have a space to share our positive moments too! Have a great day tomorrow!

#14 Goblinoid

Goblinoid
  • 120 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:01 PM

I watched the new episodes of the Flash and iZombie tonight, and ate delicious pizza with my bf (every Wednesday night is pizza night for us!) 

I know you're just a stranger on the internet to me but I'm happy that these little things are cheering you up. ā™„

#15 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:03 PM

I hatched a shiny Marill.

#16 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:27 PM

I accidentally left Jill's nature study journal outside since Sunday and it rained a couple times... but I managed to set it at an angle so the rain ran down and only the very edges got wet and it's still totally usable.

#17 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:38 PM

I spent some time with the love my my life~

Spoiler

(And hung out with @Chappy <3 )

#18 majestictuna

majestictuna
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:48 PM

I ran out of babysitters to watch my daughter Friday and Saturday in the morning. A good friend of mine stepped up and did it. She totally saved my ass, restored my faith in humanity. 

#19 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:06 PM

@Shannon Best thread and it's really making my day :) I wanted to rep it immediately but was out of rep (will definitely do it asap). I hope everything works out for the best and you feel better soon!

@ortin Isn't it just the small things in life :)

@talbs I loved your story. Thanks for sharing! Do update us on how it goes tomorrow.

I'm staying in today so not much is going on but I saved all these fruit peels and just put them to compost and that kind of feels good. :shrug:

#20 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:48 PM

I bought healthy food from the grocery store,  asked for praise at the check-out for my efforts and the cashier said 'great job'- it made me happy.. :) My son has been behaving like an angel today.- this also made me very happy. 

#21 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:58 PM

The teacher and class liked my animation project.  Went up to the university to put the finishing touches on it.

#22 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:08 PM

I spent some time with the love my my life~

Spoiler

(And hung out with @Chappy <3 )

I believe you since that Deku Scrub has a hole huh? 

I finally got some letters done and finished my bs assignment. (of course I saw @romy)

#23 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:52 PM

My student finance came through (yay for future debt), and I saw my newborn cousin for the first time.

#24 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:27 AM

Today, i taught my supervisor how to make signage that looks better than a slapped together word document.

I really should be in a higher position than i am currently. My supervisors know nothing of technology.

#25 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:16 AM

Daniel restocked my bath bomb stash. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users