173 replies to this topic

#126 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:57 PM

I think the other half are mine lol

I know which ones are yours just by the phrasing lol

I kind of guessed the two of you as the author of quite a few based on the diction

#127 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:00 PM

Last codies I got nominated as a joke. Hopefully someone nominated me for realzies this time.

I hope it's for next banned.

#128 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:01 PM

I kind of guessed the two of you as the author of quite a few based on the diction

I'm curious now, can you PM which ones you think I wrote? :p

#129 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:04 PM

Basically what you're saying to us:

IpP4bXU.gif

But really I'm also curious <3

#130 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:08 PM

Lol. I need to do slides for my presentation tmr but here I am procrastinating.

It's not really like "that's obviously @Shannon" or "omg that's definitely @Swarley". More like, sounds like something they would say. I'll send a few guesses after I've done more slides.

#131 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:20 PM

Lol. I need to do slides for my presentation tmr but here I am procrastinating.

Story of my life! I feel your pain.

#132 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:59 PM

Lol I'm a little late to this party. Looking forward to see the noms ^^ I'd rather just vote off a list too, especially since I feel like I dont know enough people to properly nominate

#133 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:01 AM

Lol I'm a little late to this party. Looking forward to see the noms ^^ I'd rather just vote off a list too, especially since I feel like I dont know enough people to properly nominate

Oh, don't worry, just vote on me for Miss Codex and you can leave the rest unanswered.

#134 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:02 AM

Oh, don't worry, just vote on me for Miss Codex and you can leave the rest unanswered.

You're campaigning skills are on fleek :p

#135 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:06 AM

You're campaigning skills are on fleek :p

Well, what can I say? It's a gift I was born with.

:p

#136 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:35 AM

Some people have sent in votes with blanks on the categories that they don't know who to nominate for. You're totally welcome to do that if you want.

As someone who doesn't know enough people to nominate, do you feel like having to vote for someone for every category would be better, or just sending in your choices for the ones you do know?

Myself, for example - I have no idea who to put for best noob or best user comeback. I have paid no attention to that lately. If I was having to vote in a poll, I would have to make a choice in those categories even though I have zero opinion on them.

Also, this way, people can't vote for the same person for everything. It's not uncommon for the same few people to win most of the categories *cough*Waser*cough* but it's spread a little more evenly this way because you can only put the same person in three, max.

#137 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:15 AM

Some people have sent in votes with blanks on the categories that they don't know who to nominate for. You're totally welcome to do that if you want.

As someone who doesn't know enough people to nominate, do you feel like having to vote for someone for every category would be better, or just sending in your choices for the ones you do know?

Myself, for example - I have no idea who to put for best noob or best user comeback. I have paid no attention to that lately. If I was having to vote in a poll, I would have to make a choice in those categories even though I have zero opinion on them.

Also, this way, people can't vote for the same person for everything. It's not uncommon for the same few people to win most of the categories *cough*Waser*cough* but it's spread a little more evenly this way because you can only put the same person in three, max.

Oh, but I think in general this way is better. It's just that for me it's nicer to chose between a list of nominees because I can decide with which option I agree most, instead of determening specific users by myself. So basically, in the old method I would probably not nominate either, because people would come with suggestions and I'd be like "Yeah, I agree!" and then not contributing any other nominees :p So for me there is no difference between new or old method (especially since this is the first Codies I've been around), though I think that the new method is better.

#138 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:37 AM

A little bribery goes a long way in this Codies business you know. :p That's the benefit of a strong pound!

#139 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:30 AM

A little bribery goes a long way in this Codies business you know. :p That's the benefit of a strong pound!

you can get anything with a strong pounding.

#140 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:05 AM

you can get anything with a strong pounding.

Indeed I can.

#141 Gnome

Gnome
  • Alpha As Fuck

• 1054 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:18 AM

Oh get those last minute votes in people! 

#142 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:36 PM

Nomination window is closed.

*madly compiles data*

#143 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:36 PM

Quick! Get this woman more wine. STAT!

#144 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:40 PM

Quick! Get this woman more wine. STAT!

Keep talking like that and I'm going to make you my personal assistant.

#145 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:24 PM

I feel as though this should be as big as the oscars... we need a ceremony.

#146 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:33 PM

I feel as though this should be as big as the oscars... we need a ceremony.

Maybe not a ceremony. That is way too extravagant for the Codex.

But a parade complete with the New York Philharmonic playing an orchestral rendition of Nicki Minaj's Anaconda, a high tech ecofriendly levitating float for each winner, and a fireworks display bursting into images of the category and the winner's display pic will succinctly suffice.

#147 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:36 PM

But a parade complete with the New York Philharmonic playing an orchestral rendition of Nicki Minaj's Anaconda, a high tech ecofriendly levitating float for each winner, and a fireworks display bursting into images of the category and the winner's display pic will succinctly suffice.

I like parades.. this could work. :)

#148 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:40 PM

I'll see what I can organise with my contacts. New York eh? Might need some extra funding to fly everyone in....

#149 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:42 PM

We can do like our Carnival, but Codex themed. It's a pretty big party from what I've heard.

#150 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:45 PM

well I guess now I have to go take back my Chanel gown I just bought for the Oscars Codies

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: codies, contest, spring, doom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users