99 replies to this topic

#26 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:10 AM

I will always remember him in the Harry Potter Series and Galaxy Quest. :(

2016 has taken so many celebrities so far.  Who's next?

Who's next? I really hope its someone I don't know... I mean.. There are still so many aged and amazing actors and well known people who, just as proven recently could pretty much pass at any time... 

:( Its horrible to think of who could be next..  At least if I don't know who someone was I wouldn't end up as heartbroken...

#27 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:15 AM

Who's next? I really hope its someone I don't know... I mean.. There are still so many aged and amazing actors and well known people who, just as proven recently could pretty much pass at any time... 

:( Its horrible to think of who could be next..  At least if I don't know who someone was I wouldn't end up as heartbroken...

Didn't Maggie Smith (I think that's the right name), Professor McGonagall have breast cancer once? I sitting here hoping she's not next. I couldn't deal with another HP death. We've already had two, I can't deal with a third. 

#28 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:22 AM

Didn't Maggie Smith (I think that's the right name), Professor McGonagall have breast cancer once? I sitting here hoping she's not next. I couldn't deal with another HP death. We've already had two, I can't deal with a third. 

....now you have me worried.. she did previously have it yes.. Though apart from knowing about her being ill last year a few times I don't know of much... Oh how I hope she doesn't leave us anytime soon... 

#29 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:28 AM

But didn't she heal from it? I saw her on a sort of talkshow not long ago and she was looking very healthy and happy at least.

edit: I just found out she's 81. Holy fuck?

#30 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:32 AM

I care about this more than Bowie. :(

Me too. I'm worried about who else we're going to lose this year.

#31 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:32 AM

But didn't she heal from it? I saw her on a sort of talkshow not long ago and she was looking very healthy and happy at least.

edit: I just found out she's 81. Holy fuck?

I think she went into remission from it. I guess that's a type of healing though. 

#32 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:40 AM

I have no clue who is he but RIP

#33 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:41 AM

I think she went into remission from it. I guess that's a type of healing though. 

I didn't know that word. Well that's positive then, she's probably getting herself checked out a lot too so I think/hope she's alright then.

I have no clue who is he but RIP

Did you ever watch Harry Potter?

#34 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:43 AM

I keep seeing tribute posts online from the other HP actors, but I can't bring myself to read them.

#35 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:44 AM

I didn't know that word. Well that's positive then, she's probably getting herself checked out a lot too so I think/hope she's alright then.

Did you ever watch Harry Potter?

Yeah, I have watched the first 2 movies, not my style, kinda boring.

#36 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:49 AM

He was in Love Actually, Galaxy Quest, Dogma, Die Hard, Harry Potter... so many movies and theatre productions.

#37 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

I keep seeing tribute posts online from the other HP actors, but I can't bring myself to read them.

I've read most of them. I think I feel less sad when reading those because I really feel sorry for those actors. We're just fans but they've worked with him for 10(?) years and they know him very well. It's like one of their best friends died.

#38 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

He was the Potions professor. Black hair, black robes.

#39 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:51 AM

He was the Potions professor. Black hair, black robes.

And in my sig right now @HiMyNameIsNick

#40 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:51 AM

I...I....I...I...will....not...go...into....long....discussion....of....why...HP.....is.......one...of..the..best..series...of..all...time.....

He was Snape. Even if you only saw the first two, I imagine you'd be able to remember the potions master in all black who Harry never liked. The man who could put a stopper on Death...except in real life. *cries more*

#41 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:53 AM

I...I....I...I...will....not...go...into....long....discussion....of....why...HP.....is.......one...of..the..best..series...of..all...time.....

He was Snape. Even if you only saw the first two, I imagine you'd be able to remember the potions master in all black who Harry never liked. The man who could put a stopper on Death...except in real life. *cries more*

Except in real life and in the HP legacy, sadly.

#42 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:54 AM

Except at the end though. (I'll never understand some of Rowlings decisions.)

ninja'd

#43 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:56 AM

He was in Love Actually, Galaxy Quest, Dogma, Die Hard, Harry Potter... so many movies and theatre productions.

My first memory of him is Hans Gruber. His voice clinged to my brain even I was just a toddler.

#44 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:07 AM

I've read most of them. I think I feel less sad when reading those because I really feel sorry for those actors. We're just fans but they've worked with him for 10(?) years and they know him very well. It's like one of their best friends died.

Yeah, they personally knew him, while I never met the guy.

But for some reason, his death really hit me hard.

Except at the end though. (I'll never understand some of Rowlings decisions.)

ninja'd

There should definitely be a debate topic for that lol.

My first memory of him is Hans Gruber. His voice clinged to my brain even I was just a toddler.

Harry Potter was the first time I actually appreciated him in a movie, then went back and watched a lot of his other movies.

#45 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:12 AM

Im so sad :( I can't believe he is dead... one of my favorite actors obviously Harry Potter </3 but he was great in Galaxy Quest and Sweeney Todd. Now I

m just going to go cry and watch HP

Strange though, celebrities seem to die in 3's, we have David Bowie now Alan who is next?

#46 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:14 AM

Im so sad :( I can't believe he is dead... one of my favorite actors obviously Harry Potter </3 but he was great in Galaxy Quest and Sweeney Todd. Now I

m just going to go cry and watch HP

Strange though, celebrities seem to die in 3's, we have David Bowie now Alan who is next?

Are we counting that Disney Channel actor that died a couple of days ago, and Alan is #3?

The crazy thing is Alan and David were both 69, and died of cancer.

Edited by Susie, 14 January 2016 - 10:14 AM.

#47 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:18 AM

Are we counting that Disney Channel actor that died a couple of days ago, and Alan is #3?

The crazy thing is Alan and David were both 69, and died of cancer.

Didn't hear about the DC actor but it's always 2 famous ones and a minor actor so that could be the three. Yeah crazy both to be a 69 and cancer, fuck cancer. 

#48 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:22 AM

Yeah, they personally knew him, while I never met the guy.

But for some reason, his death really hit me hard.

There should definitely be a debate topic for that lol.

It hit me really hard too, but in every circumstance I just try to make things less.. sad I think? When I'm sad I always try to think that there are people feeling way worse than me.

Oh yes I'd be totally in for that! I'd like to create a HP topic right now actually, if everyone's alright with that or if there's any interest. (And that hp scamander movie will be released later this year too)

#49 KittyNikki

KittyNikki
  • 114 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:33 AM

I fill fully and proudly admit I cried when i heard about this. I loved all of his movies, even Perfume and Sweeney Todd, he was, and will always be an unparalleled actor and human being. I can't bring myself to read the things the HP cast has said about him, or anything anyone who knew him personally has said. I know I would cry yet again, and I'm not equipped to deal with crying any more today.

May he find peace and happiness in the Hereafter.

#50 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:39 AM

I was just telling @onlyme today that I really thought if anyone from the cast were to go, it would be her first... I love her so much and hope that's not for a long long time but Alan Rickman? I didn't see that coming at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users