• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#51 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:43 PM

Yes, @Coops I still want to be tagged. I'm even still writing, it's just on real paper and I need to transfer it over.

Okay, excellent. I've put in my phone reminder who wants to be pinged, so here is the complete ping list:

@Jess @Kelvin @Katya @DonValentino (assuming Kelvin and DonV wanna be tagged still).

@Poh would you like to be added to the weekly ping list?

#52 Cyka

Cyka
  • 132 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:57 PM

Okay, excellent. I've put in my phone reminder who wants to be pinged, so here is the complete ping list:

@Jess @Kelvin @Katya @DonValentino (assuming Kelvin and DonV wanna be tagged still).

@Poh would you like to be added to the weekly ping list?

Yes please! Thank you :)

#53 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:37 PM

I opt to not be tagged. 

I give upon writing creatively.

#54 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:16 PM

I opt to not be tagged. 

I give upon writing creatively.

Okay. Will do.

#55 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:37 PM

I didn't have time to write this week between procedure, the codies and some real life shit I have going on. 

But here is your weekly pings!

@Katya @Jess @DonValentino @Poh

#56 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:47 PM

Thanks for the ping! I'll put a note to do it some time during the next week :p

#57 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:15 AM

I'm still continuing the story, but I'm not writing in chronological order and I think I misplaced a chunk. So I'm not posting in order either.

Spoiler
It was actually going so well I thought it was a fluke when I went to bed. In the morning though, when I woke up to them conspiring over coffee, I started convincing myself it was real. I went to school in a great mood, even though it was the end of the semester and I was dreading my math grades. We had ham and cheese pockets with peaches, my favorite, and my best friend finally dumped her shit boyfriend and sat with me again for lunch. I took both of those things as good omens for home.
I walked through the door, tearing open my report card, and ran into my dad. He was dressed much, much better than usual. Like a suit and tie instead of cargo shorts and a wife beater.
"Whoa. Where you headed looking like that?" I shoved my report card at him. "Look. I did it. I passed all the things. I might even make it to college at this rate."
A dark cloud glanced over his face and I wondered fleetingly if my college remark hit harder than I intended for it to. Just as quickly it subsided, leaving behind a glaring bright sunshine smile as he looked over my grades. 
"I'm taking Jeanette* to dinner, to celebrate quitting this idiot train and finding a useful doctor."
My smile instantly burst free to match his. I'd been worried about an impending divorce. He'd been "staying late" at work more and more often. Mom was losing her willpower to get off the couch and do something, anything, besides stare out the window. It seemed like she was waiting for something, but I was never brave enough to ask what it was. I wonder now if she ever got it.

#58 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:30 PM

Weekly ping

@Poh @Jess @Katya @DonValentino

#59 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:17 AM

I'm blocked again. Can't write anything. So sad. D:

#60 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:35 AM

Spoiler

#61 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:20 AM

Weekly ping!

Sleepless

The chill of fatigue

Tossing under the gross heat of two blankets

The droning sound of fluttering fan blades

No sleep

Fine

The citrus flavor of caffeine

Muscles ache, eyes burn

Sigh of exhaustion rolls from my lips

I haven't slept in three days

Am I dead?

#62 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:23 PM

nothing here

Edited by Katya, 31 October 2018 - 11:52 AM.

#63 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:51 AM

Beginning of a story I started working on during my trip

The children’s playful shrieks echoed across the pond. Large trees lined the edges, hemlocks and white birch among them, all healthy shades of green that stood out bold against the mist that blanketed the water. The kids kept close to the beach, for the pond was large and it was only a matter of feet until the bottom dropped out and they could not stand. They were playing Marco Polo, and I watched them for a minute before I sat down at the picnic table in our campsite to make lunch for Jane and I. Chipmunks ran underfoot as I boiled the eggs. They had grown bolder over the course of our stay. Originally they had kept to the outskirts of our camp, now they were jumping onto the bench next to me. I called them all Chip, imagining there was only one, and was on the verge of giving in and tossing him a cracker when Jane emerged from our tent. I smiled at her and she blushed.

She was thinner than when I met her, and paler, but she had deep green eyes that matched the trees, and her smile was brighter. She was wearing her hiking gear and a colorful headscarf that she always wore in public, and often at home.

“Hey Jane, I’m making lunch. Hardboiled eggs. How was your nap?”

“It was good. I had a dream that the chipmunks stole all our food.”

My laughter mixed with the children’s, and she looked over at them splashing around. I saw a little sadness tinge the corners of her smile.

#64 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2016 - 05:13 AM

Snoozed

I snoozed my alarm. 

Not my alarm to wake.

Not my alarm for work.
Not my alarm for school.
But the alarm for life.

The one to remind me to live.

The one to remind me to ping,

Yes, ping -- you writing nerds. 

You thought this would be something else?

#65 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:34 AM

Untitled

The bitter smell tugged angrily at my nostrils and I glanced up spotting the red clad waitress across the room. She sidled up beside my table, moments later, smiling cheerfully and I nodded politely, my eyes fixated on the mostly empty mug. "Just more coffee please," I murmured, never taking a moment to look up at her. I was afraid if I glanced up, she would know what I had done. My fingers wrapped possessively around my mug as she poured another, and I watched her feet as she shuffled off to deal with other patrons. I had never felt more watched than I did in this moment. Did they all know? Could they see it on my face? Or smell it on my clothing? The echoes of sirens yanked me from my thoughts and I nervously eyed the door. Had they finally found me? I murdered him, after all. 

#66 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2016 - 06:59 PM

Oo, intriguing @Coops. One thing- in the first sentence, you say you look up and spot the waitress, and nod at her, then right after you say, never taking a moment to look up. 

#67 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:19 PM

"A Toast for a Good Life"

I wrote a poem for you today

and it's still not enough.

Words are all I have and 

many would never take them.

This tiny prayer

I wish to open up to you.

Anything less is an insult 

to the one I love.

#68 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:26 AM

Oo, intriguing @Coops. One thing- in the first sentence, you say you look up and spot the waitress, and nod at her, then right after you say, never taking a moment to look up. 

Sorry it was implied the person looks up at the waitress before she arrives at the table, but once the waitress comes up, the person avoids eye contact. I'll fix it so it's more clear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users