Photo

Neopets April Fool's Day Joke

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#26 fatecero

fatecero
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:53 PM

Mine is just sitting at 'calculating'. Then again, I do have a relatively new account right now. Could that have to do with it?

#27 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:25 AM

Mine was "calculating" for nearly 30 minutes, and never finished, so I just gave up.

#28 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 05:07 AM

I liked how they referenced a few things though, like name changer, lutari island, all the neopets riches / paintbrushes things.

#29 Artleyz

Artleyz
  • 294 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 08:13 AM

I liked how they referenced a few things though, like name changer, lutari island, all the neopets riches / paintbrushes things.

Yeah it was obvious that they know exactly what their fans want.  Nice to know that they think our needs/wants are a joke. :(

#30 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 08:15 AM

Yeah it was obvious that they know exactly what their fans want.  Nice to know that they think our needs/wants are a joke. :(

I really hope they 'fix' the calculator and they release some of these things. 

#31 Artleyz

Artleyz
  • 294 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 08:22 AM

I really hope they 'fix' the calculator and they release some of these things. 

Same here... Sadly I think it would kind of ruin the already terrible state of affairs on the site if they let us have that stuff.  The only way they could do that without ruining everything is if they were about to shut down the site, in which case I don't think they'd bother doing anything special anyway.

#32 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 08:27 AM

Same here... Sadly I think it would kind of ruin the already terrible state of affairs on the site if they let us have that stuff.  The only way they could do that without ruining everything is if they were about to shut down the site, in which case I don't think they'd bother doing anything special anyway.

Idk, I think they could release UC pets again though. Like a limited present for one month for everyone who buys premium or so.. JS will earn more and everyone except those who already own an UC (not a lot of people?idk) will be happy.  The prices on UC pets are ridiculously high rn.

#33 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:16 AM

I would be happy if...they just fixed some of the things that basically broke specifically cos *they had to move to JS servers (AAA, Habi, Keyquest for examples?)

(*Disclaimer: Not sure if accurate, that's what I heard really)

#34 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 02:23 PM

I really miss Habi :(

#35 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 02:29 PM

I really miss Habi :(

Me too! I really loved playing it. It ran every day and night with me, and with a fastclicker I think I gained 200k a day or so.

#36 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 02:41 PM

Me too! I really loved playing it. It ran every day and night with me, and with a fastclicker I think I gained 200k a day or so.

It was an amazing source of income.

Key Quest was fun when I could get it to work, which was almost never.

#37 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 02:43 PM

It was an amazing source of income.

Key Quest was fun when I could get it to work, which was almost never.

I loved playing on my main and on a shell, then I could make sure I always won. So I always got the codestones and map pieces and whatever other nice stuff it gave out. 

#38 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 02:55 PM

KeyQuest was a pain in the ass for me. Back then I had an extremely slow computer together with an extremely slow internet. Playing that game was impossible but I still attempted to do it. Never again

#39 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 02:58 PM

I loved playing on my main and on a shell, then I could make sure I always won. So I always got the codestones and map pieces and whatever other nice stuff it gave out. 

I did that too! And in the very beginning before I knew about proxies I just played with my side the whole time, it got me banned once I sent something over :p

I also played with a friend and we let each other win.

#40 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 03:54 PM

KeyQuest was a pain in the ass for me. Back then I had an extremely slow computer together with an extremely slow internet. Playing that game was impossible but I still attempted to do it. Never again

Even with the fastest internet in my area, Key Quest and my computer didn't like each other.

#41 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 05:27 PM

I always lost in Keyquest, partly due to internet, but. Partly due to skill. :p

And YESS I *looved* the shit out of my Habi. Found myself kept logging in to Neopets just to continue on playing. And I wasn't even cheating then. XD

I mean, most of the Neopets games are like, not particularly good imitations of other games out there on the Internet. Habi and to lesser extent Keyquest were two which didn't feel so much like that.

#42 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:02 PM

They should release more adult-looking items.

#43 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:29 PM

They should release more adult-looking items.

If only JS caught up to that, eh? Must have a sizeable userbase of nostalgic adults in Neopets by now.

#44 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:29 PM

If only JS caught up to that, eh? Must have a sizeable userbase of nostalgic adults in Neopets by now.

The "adult" Neopets, where you have to send in a waiver, similar to if your under 13.

#45 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:39 PM

The "adult" Neopets, where you have to send in a waiver, similar to if your under 13.

Yeah, something like that, I suppose! And. No more filters and censorship where you can't link to things outside Neo/approved fansites and all. That's, like just so outdated etc. (But that's all been said so many times before I suppose.)

#46 elkid27

elkid27
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2016 - 04:36 PM

So was the joke that the thing never calculated anything or was it just the general idea there would be an elite money club? Because if its the first fair enough, but if its the second and they couldnt even get the april fools joke to work this is truly running downhill now.

#47 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2016 - 07:11 PM

So was the joke that the thing never calculated anything or was it just the general idea there would be an elite money club? Because if its the first fair enough, but if its the second and they couldnt even get the april fools joke to work this is truly running downhill now.

Think it was both.

#48 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2016 - 03:23 PM

they should have  unconverted ur pet for a day and have everyone go on pc pretending their pet is a lame uc

Edited by jinq, 11 April 2016 - 03:24 PM.

#49 Denovo

Denovo
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 01:16 PM

How long did it usually take to finish loading? I gave up after about an hour.

#50 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:44 PM

Hahaha, it actually never stopped loading on that day, but continued to cycle between different messages. It's no longer available now anyways, so ehhh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users