Quantcast

Photo

Optimist, pessimist or realist?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:29 AM

It really depends on the situation. And sometimes I change my view during the same situation. My head is confusing lol

Same here tbh

I don't know how else to put it

#27 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:47 AM

I am without a doubt a pessimist.

#28 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:46 AM

Are you an optimist, pessimist, realist or other?

I'm an optimist.
When I'm in a situation where I'm submerged in so much shit I think I'm going to succumb, I keep thinking "it will get better, it has to get better. You can't go any lower than this. Now start moving and get the fuck out of here."

I'm a pessimist.
When things are really going great, top of the world great, happiness abounds and I feel like I could burst into rainbow poop, in the back of my mind I'm always thinking "yeah, you feel great, don't you? Sure, seize the moment and all that crap that morons print in their mugs, right? Remember the last time you were feeling this? Yeah, that shit is going to rain down on you again. Just wait."

I'm a realist during every second in between. I accept every bad and good thing that happens. Things are what they are. Why fight it? Just live it. 

In what ways do your general attitudes effect your life?

I don't know how it affects me, because this is what I am and I don't know anything else. I'm not delusional when I experience happiness, neither I think the world's ending when something bad happens. Feelings are overrated.

Do you like or dislike having whichever attitude? Do you think it's easy to change your attitude?

I am what I am. People don't change.

#29 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:48 AM

I consider myself pretty optimistic. I like to go about my life focusing on the good things and when things do inevitably go shitty I don't take it too hard because that's just how life is. You suffer, you move past it and laugh about it later.

#30 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:43 AM

I think I'm a realist, although I probably come across as a pessimist a lot of the time. Definitely not an optimist.

I'm normally pretty rational and objective, but I also struggle with depression/anxiety/OCD, so sometimes it's really difficult to not dwell on negative thoughts.

#31 iiinvisible

iiinvisible
  • 15 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:34 AM

I want to think myself a realist, but what is reality, really?? (;

#32 Zieke

Zieke
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 04:03 AM

Honestly, I'd say it depends on the day.

But most of the time, I'd say I'm a realist.

#33 Alyson

Alyson
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:08 AM

Probably a pessimist, and at times a realist.

Though almost always never an optimist. Sometimes I wonder if that's bad :/

#34 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:35 AM

I like to say I'm a realist but I know that I'm a pessimist.

It has an extremely negative impact on my life :( I wish I wasn't a pessimist but I have no idea how to change my way of thinking, nothing I do works :/ it just seems like I'm lying to myself.

#35 Lollita

Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:40 AM

I consider myself pretty optimistic. I like to go about my life focusing on the good things and when things do inevitably go shitty I don't take it too hard because that's just how life is. You suffer, you move past it and laugh about it later.

THIS ^

Edited by Lollita, 27 May 2016 - 08:44 AM.

#36 SamanthaBee

SamanthaBee
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 03:23 PM

I'm definitely an optimist. Life is too short in my opinion to be gloomy and pessimistic.

#37 DDPink

DDPink
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:37 PM

I'm kind of a pessimist. I try to keep my expectations really low and not just assume everything will go right all the time.

#38 RedAnastasia

RedAnastasia
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 09:28 PM

I'm pretty optimistic, maybe leaning towards realistic slightly. I mean I'm willing to accept when something is a lost cause, but where's the fun in thinking nothing good will ever happen to you? Gotta have a little hope to hold onto :)

#39 Kwi

Kwi
  • 62 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2016 - 10:01 PM

Optimist in general, but with a dash of realist. Like its important to stay optimistic and hopeful, and always believe that you can achieve the best outcome in every situation, but at the same time, you can't be naiive about things or you'll be sorely disappointed...

#40 SamanthaBee

SamanthaBee
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 03:43 AM

I'm surprised by the mix of people here. We have some of every type here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users