Quantcast

Altador Cup XI's Team Codex Will Be...

• Please log in to reply
470 replies to this topic

#201 Underwatered

Underwatered
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:29 PM

woohoo i'm torn between maraqua (cos i like the colours) and finally being on the winning team for once ~.~

#202 shun128

shun128
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:02 PM

I haven't even been on here in a long time and I still have so many posts left to go hahaa

#203 Arizaga182

Arizaga182
  • ~Jesus~

• 45 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:41 PM

@phoenix13 what type of post would be considered spam?

Edited by jesus220493, 25 May 2016 - 01:41 PM.

#204 phoenix13

phoenix13
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:57 PM

Anything that doesn't have relevance. You should know what a spam post is lol Just don't go crazy posting random things. Try to make structure out of your posts

#205 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:58 PM

Anything that doesn't have relevance. You should know what a spam post is lol Just don't go crazy posting random things. Try to make structure out of your posts

As an addition to that, necroing old threads is also considered spam. So please do check the date of the last post in a thread before you post. :)

#206 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:01 PM

Or things like "thank you" for all 10 guides you read for a whole 30 seconds.
Common sense is not that common after all, I guess.

#207 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:03 PM

Honestly, everyone, don't worry too much about spam. If you do spam, you'll get a warning from the staff about it, and your post count will be reduced by the number of spam posts you had. You can also be put on mod preview if you spam a whole bunch even after being warned about it. To get that though, pretty much all of your posts would have to be spam and there would have to be a lot of them. Otherwise we'll simply reduce your post count and warn you about it.  Just be active and when you post in a thread, make sure there's substance in your post and that you're not necroing something. Right now, I'm pretty much on spam patrol. :)

#208 crystalize

crystalize
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:09 PM

I've never played AC before... have no idea what to do O_o

#209 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:21 PM

I've never played AC before... have no idea what to do O_o

Basically you pick a team, just play 4 games and try and get to to the all star rank. Playing the games helps your team out with their daily matchups, and helps them try and win the cup. Each of the games, YYB (Yooyu ball. I can't spell it), MSN (Make some noise), SLSL (slushie slinger) and SoSD (shootout showdown), has a daily max you can play. Hitting the max helps you raise your rank faster and helps your team. Some days will have a bonus on a certain game, so you'll want to try and max that game first if there's a bonus.

The max games got lowered again this year, so no one knows exactly where the max for each game will be this year. 

We here have our own team we call Team Codex that we all help win the cup each year. We choose one of the neo teams as our team for the year and help them win.

#210 jasonlumar

jasonlumar
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:44 PM

woohoo i'm torn between maraqua (cos i like the colours) and finally being on the winning team for once ~.~

Same. I've been on Maraqua for a long time - I know the pain. 

What are the max games this year?

#211 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:45 PM

Same. I've been on Maraqua for a long time - I know the pain. 

What are the max games this year?

You mean the maxes for each game? We don't know yet. That was in my post that was right above yours, right towards the end too. 

#212 jasonlumar

jasonlumar
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:48 PM

You mean the maxes for each game? We don't know yet. That was in my post that was right above yours, right towards the end too. 

How do you know they've been lowered- are they lowered every year?

#213 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:51 PM

How do you know they've been lowered- are they lowered every year?

It's on their main board. They're not lowered every year. It was just recently when TNT started lowering the maxes because people were complaing about how long it took to max the games and they thought it would help with the cheating. 

http://www.neopets.c...topic=158078938

#214 jasonlumar

jasonlumar
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:56 PM

It's on their main board. They're not lowered every year. It was just recently when TNT started lowering the maxes because people were complaing about how long it took to max the games and they thought it would help with the cheating. 

http://www.neopets.c...topic=158078938

Awesome, thanks.

Seems like a good deal for the less active users

#215 Arizaga182

Arizaga182
  • ~Jesus~

• 45 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:57 PM

I change team  every year xD

#216 crystalize

crystalize
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:58 PM

@KyloRen
Whoa thanks for the info :D

And I'm curious are there special prizes for winners team or something? I've already picked the team for my main lol, but not sure about shells...

#217 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:00 PM

If you are really torn between the team you love and Codex team, you can easily pick your team of choise on your main and create some shells to help Codex out! So you can have all star on every account and profit big.

#218 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:03 PM

@KyloRen
Whoa thanks for the info :D

And I'm curious are there special prizes for winners team or something? I've already picked the team for my main lol, but not sure about shells...

Nope. The winners used to be the only ones who got a gold trophy, but now everyone who reaches all star ranks gets gold. It's mainly bragging rights. There's usually a PB released in the prize shop based on the team that won the year before (at least I think TD the year before) so there's that.

#219 crystalize

crystalize
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:15 PM

@KyloRen 

Thanks again :)

So I guess I'll just pick some random teams~

#220 Arizaga182

Arizaga182
  • ~Jesus~

• 45 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:15 PM

I dont like that, its better if the trophies are only for the 1,2,3  winners 

#221 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:18 PM

Well, only the top three trophies have the place under the trophy. So you could have a gold trophy but it would still say "3rd place" under it if your team came in third. Except they messed that up last year, HW still has the "first place" under the trophy, whereas KL does not and they won last year. We'll see if they fix that this year. 

#222 SnowWhite

SnowWhite
  • 43 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:20 PM

made at least 40 non-spam posts. 

As a chronic lurker, why do you do this to me 

#223 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:22 PM

As a chronic lurker, why do you do this to me 

The post count is higher this year because we don't want any spies who are going to leak the team. It takes work to get 40 non spam posts, especially when the mods are looking for spam. 

#224 tumblr

tumblr
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:37 PM

Personally I feel that it's better, as bandwagoners and freeloaders who only get 1-2 ranks don't get a better trophy then someone who's all-star and spent the entire cup wasting away their hours, cheating or not.

#225 AllTheWayToVictory

AllTheWayToVictory
  • 229 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:38 PM

So now can we start to enjoy of unstoppable winning? XD

Edited by AllTheWayToVictory, 25 May 2016 - 07:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users