• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:33 AM

i'm verrrry prejudice of greeks and indians.

i went to a greek school and basically everyone that was greek treated me like shit (besides a handful of people) (but majority rules). maybe it was because the school was K-12 and i joined them in year 7 so i was an outsider to them haha (and also an immigrant from russia who didnt know how to speak english properly) and they saw me as someone weaker than them 

and basically every single indian at work is an arrogant and selfish piece of shit who also belittles everyone around them. again, perhaps its because of the class system that they have in india and as i am serving them at the registers, they see me nothing less than a servant. but people that ive met that arent indian migrants are pretty cool so ya

but yeah..

i found out today that @Shannon is part greek and she seems like a pretty cool lady so she fits into my handful of lovely greek ladies that i know <3

Is it a prejudice if it has merit? As an Indian who was born and raised in the west by westernised Indian parents, I want to assure you that your observation is not an anomaly. In fact, the words you've used to describe them are exactly the same that my mom has used, and she grew up in India. Every Indian-born-and-raised man that I've interacted with, or my mom has interacted with, has treated us like crap because we don't "dress Indian", we don't "act Indian", and we speak English instead of Hindi, and (horror of horrors) she's divorced. We've actually been called disgraces to India, because we don't fit the traditional Indian woman stereotype. This is actually the reason why my mom left India and has vowed never to return. I've found that, in general, Indian-born-and-raised men do not consider women to be deserving of respect, because women are somehow inferior to them in their culture. Maybe if we were guys, they'd be treating us differently. I haven't really interacted with traditional Indian women, but really, I don't want to interact with any of them, man or woman, if I can help it.

#27 Paprika

Paprika
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 06:20 PM

OMG, I completely understand this. It annoys me so much!

I'm 6'3.

don't move to scandinavia then. they are the land of the giants. :lol2:

#28 Dexternaut

Dexternaut
  • 73 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:48 PM

I despise with all my heart the kind of people who are constantly correcting everyone on everything, feel bad about themselves, and blame everyone else for not caring about them.

And I just feel I can know when someone is like that by just looking at their face, internally, I 'categorize' certain kind of faces, it's really dumb and I hate it, but i find myself doing it everytime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users