Quantcast

Photo

Pokémon Go FAQ, Help, & Showing off your Catches!

pokémongo pokémon pokéball gotta catchem all

• Please log in to reply
549 replies to this topic

#1 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:02 AM

03242016-169.jpg

Guides and Basic Info

Spoiler

ARE THE SERVERS DOWN?!?!?!

You can check these links here!

http://downdetector....atus/pokemon-go

http://www.mmoserver....com/pokemon_go

http://cmmcd.com/PokemonGo/

https://twitter.com/pogoserver

*None of these are official and I believe most are user-based

When Pokemon Go was announced!

Spoiler

#2 pokerlegend

pokerlegend
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:12 AM

Looks pretty cool. I made it to 1:45 and had to stop I am tired But that most def looks like something worth copping.

#3 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:18 AM

Amazing !cant waiit to download it !!! :D 

but i didnt understand why everyone have to fight against mewtwo in 10 minutes.. 

#4 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:36 AM

Can only assume it's a raid system with legendaries. It has too much hp for a single person to defeat so get all of Times Square!

#5 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:50 AM

I want it.

#6 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:34 AM

A mobile game? Don't forget your pack of five pokeballs for only $10.99!

#7 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:14 AM

Was wondering why the heck Pokemon Shuffle was available in the Google Play store. Hopefully more Pokemon & Nintendo properties make their way to our mobile devices. Probably the smarter move than trying to make their own cell phone.

This looks like it's going to be incredibly fun. I do have some concerns though: they made the trailer so epic the game just cannot compare, legendary events are impossible if you live in a smaller town or in the country, and microtransactions are a necessity - "sure, you can earn everything... but it'll take you no less than a year to do it for free. why do that when the store has the same item for only $1.99 here & there."

Definitely giving it a go though. Nice having some extra motivation to get out & about for days Zombie Run or personal willpower just isn't enough.

#8 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:39 AM

Eh. Didn't get as excited as I thought I would get. I'll probably download and play for a few minutes, then completely forget about it :p

#9 Arex

Arex
  • 140 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:11 AM

This looks pretty cool, because it seems kind of like one of those fancy geocaching things.

Hope they don't go overboard with microtransactions

#10 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:23 AM

I noticed there were only Kanto Pokemon in the trailer :x I guess they'll make more Pokemon available as they go along or something? If not that would be incredibly fucking boring lmao

I wanna see some gameplay too!! It's all just cinematic trailer shit so far.

Let's hope it doesn't have those 30 minute long wait times for stamina that Shuffle has :V

Was wondering why the heck Pokemon Shuffle was available in the Google Play store. Hopefully more Pokemon & Nintendo properties make their way to our mobile devices. Probably the smarter move than trying to make their own cell phone.

Yeah, Nintendo recently partnered up with DeNA and made 3DS versions of some mobile games (Puzzle and Dragons and Monster Strike) so we'll probably be seeing more things like this and some more Nintendo mobile games in the future.

#11 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2015 - 07:42 AM

Holy shit...i love how game freak and nintendo managed to rehash the simple but addictive concept of 'gonna catch em all' and interpret it in so many different ways haha. So how on earth are we gonna get pokemon from the arctic anyway? Wifi from the middle of nowhere?

Anyway, nintendo did talk about not charging extra like so many mobile games, which alleviates any hidden costs. This, plus the fact that they're mentioned how important it is to have a mobile game with long term viability (a rare case) makes this a hype game to look out for. I'm glad that iwata's vision of working alongside mobile games without compromising on what makes them great seems to be working out.

#12 Kittenx

Kittenx
  • 17 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:36 AM

I just hope that it runs smoothly and that the game play is as good as it's being hyped up to be.

#13 Gretel

Gretel
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:47 AM

It looks fun. ^^ I hope the game itself is as cool as the people in the video want to imply.

Can't wait for 2016. 

#14 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:50 AM

I would climb to the top of the Empire State Building for this... from the outside if it means finding a wild Chansey.

#15 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2015 - 10:18 AM

Damn that trailer was tough. Niantic, same guys that made Ingress right? That just split from Google?

#16 Dewgong

Dewgong
  • 221 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:02 PM

reminds me of that april fools thing google maps had searching for pokemon. :p

#17 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:28 PM

Thread goes Bumps in the night.

Just in case we get any sort of news tomorrow. *hopes and prays*

#18 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:03 PM

I really hope Go follows the catch rate of Pokemon, like i really want to see people lose their fucking minds trying to catch something from the Metagross line, 3 catch rate (0.4% chance), man.

Edited by Honchkrow, 25 February 2016 - 10:04 PM.

#19 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:39 PM

I really hope Go follows the catch rate of Pokemon, like i really want to see people lose their fucking minds trying to catch something from the Metagross line, 3 catch rate (0.4% chance), man.

Gotta make $$$ with micro-transactions that increase catch rates.

#20 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:59 AM

Gotta make $$$ with micro-transactions that increase catch rates.

Or pay real money for specialty Pokeballs. Big bucks right there.

#21 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2016 - 02:34 PM

Whatever 30 minute presentation Niantec had for GDC has been scrapped :(

But, they say it's to get the beta and game ready. We'll see how long it takes, I guess
http://www.gamespot....y/1100-6435311/

#22 ntli

ntli
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:29 AM

I heard they're discontinuing it or at least delaying. Personally, I think it's all just hype. Great for the first few months but'll go downhill from there.

I've played Niantec's ingress. Travelling wasn't really an issue so far. It was a nice reason to go outside, but other than that you're just a buncha people sitting, silently acknowledging each other lol. I hope with the Pokemon GO - the people would at least be more approachable.

Buut either way i'll still play and hopefully wouldn't be overwhelmed by their microtransactions! Also, I hope the pokemon you capture varies according to the terrain you're in, not just random.

Like, you should go to a legit haunted house to be able to capture ghost pokemon!

#23 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:28 AM

Considering they're starting beta testing in Japan soon I very much doubt it was cancelled.

#24 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:31 PM

I just hope it'll work on my ancient phone.

#25 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:40 PM

I'm still psyched for this damn thing. I do miss the days where I carried around the GBC and played Pokemon.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pokémongo, pokémon, pokéball, gotta catchem, all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users