• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#26 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:17 PM

Comey is testifying tomorrow! *clapclap* This is gonna be good.

Comey coming in with the receipts. 

#27 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:14 PM

I seriously cannot wait for that testimony. I hope Comey and his family stay safe.

#28 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:14 PM

Can't wait for this testimony

#29 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:06 AM

*insert another popcorn gif*

Lmao there's like 30 photographers taking pictures of him

#30 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:14 PM

'The president is not a liar' is this generation's 'I am not a crook.'

(Spoiler alert: Nixon was a crook.)

#31 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:20 PM

'The president is not a liar' is this generation's 'I am not a crook.'

(Spoiler alert: Nixon was a crook.)

"I did not have sexual relations with this woman"

#32 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:59 PM

"Well that depends on your definition of the word 'is' then."

I geek out for political minutiae like this. "I'm not a crook" was a huge spur for the counter culture and the SDS, and it's not hard to see parallels to the current political climate.

The UK just had an election where Theresa May (short-may-she-reign) basically ceded ground to Labor (a real Left party) and will have to partner with the Ulster Unionists of all people to form a government. Lolz for dayz.

But Trump will basically give the Democrats the '18 midterm elections if they don't screw it up for themselves. And hopefully they can leverage that into a one-term Trump/Pence presidency. I think it's too much to hope for a snap election in the US. Although that'd be something to see.

#33 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:41 PM

Been trying to get some practice cartooning 

19029323_623950244476072_405006428968232

#34 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2017 - 03:12 PM

And now Adam west is dead. Thanks a lot Trump

Fuck whoever messes with Adam We

#35 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2017 - 03:21 PM

And now Adam west is dead. Thanks a lot Trump

Fuck whoever messes with Adam We

Trump used his leukemia ray and blasted Adam West with it.

#36 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:02 AM

Cristen's tagging policies make the "Related posts" section pretty interesting.

#37 11pigeons

11pigeons
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:06 AM

WASHINGTONβ€”Before the 2016 presidential election, a longtime Republican opposition researcher mounted an independent campaign to obtain emails he believed were stolen from Hillary Clinton’s private server, likely by Russian hackers.

In conversations with members of his circle and with others he tried to recruit to help him, the GOP operative, Peter W. Smith, implied he was working with retired Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn, at the time a senior adviser to then-candidate Donald Trump.

β€œHe said, β€˜I’m talking to Michael Flynn about thisβ€”if you find anything, can you let me know?’” said Eric York, a computer-security expert from Atlanta who searched hacker forums on Mr. Smith’s behalf for people who might have access to the emails.

Fun times

#38 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:08 PM

So how about that incident with the Japanese Prime Minister's wife? Eh?

Top quality bullshit, that :D

It makes me a little sad that I can't gloat quite as hard as I would like to - I live here too now, after all. And England is doing a bang-up job of screwing themselves over too. Alas.

#39 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:47 AM

Yikes. 

First with the boy scout thing, and then today with proceeding to debate over a mystery healthcare bill no one knows anything about. 

#40 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:50 AM

I casually mentioned in class today that Trump and Paul Ryan are spineless pieces of trash. I got a few "yasssss"s from some folks. Let's see what kind of idiotic healthcare bill they come up with...

:agree:

#41 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:16 AM

And banned trans people from joining the military. How many times will I say 'yikes' this week? Stay tuned.

#42 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:35 AM

And banned trans people from joining the military. How many times will I say 'yikes' this week? Stay tuned.

Announced on Twitter, too.

Like.

What.

#43 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:44 AM

Announced on Twitter, too.

Like.

What.

I don't know if this is true, but I saw a tweet where someone said they overhead another person at the Pentagon say 'we're taking orders via Twitter now?' 

#44 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:14 AM

I came here to post about the ban on trans folk in the military. Glad to see someone else posted it first.

Here are the tweets

4fcdde658e.png

I feel like he didn't write these. They are too grammatically correct and not whiny enough. 

#45 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:44 AM

I feel like he didn't write these. They are too grammatically correct and not whiny enough.

I believe the general consensus is that someone usually tweets for him during the day, from dictation, and then he uses his own phone of an evening.

#46 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:51 AM

I believe the general consensus is that someone usually tweets for him during the day, from dictation, and then he uses his own phone of an evening.

I hadn't heard that yet. I knew he tweeted at night and I've heard they've had trouble taking his phone away. I guess I've been super unobservant about the differences between the night/day tweets. But why wouldn't they use the official POTUS twitter?

#47 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:43 PM

"Tremendous Medical Costs?!?!" You (want to) put billions of dollars into the military, for Christ's sake!!

#48 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:03 PM

Did he even announce it anywhere else officially lol. What does he have his spokespersons for then? When he's not slowly antagonising and eventually firing them I mean.

#49 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:47 AM

Did he even announce it anywhere else officially lol. What does he have his spokespersons for then? When he's not slowly antagonising and eventually firing them I mean.

http://www.politico....241029?lo=ap_a1

There will be β€œno modifications” to the military’s transgender policy as a result of President Donald Trump’s tweets, the chairman of the joint chiefs said in a message to top military officers on Thursday.

Marine Gen. Joe Dunford wrote in the message to the chiefs of the services and senior enlisted leaders that the military will continue to β€œtreat all of our personnel with respect.”

β€œI know there are questions about yesterday's announcement on the transgender policy by the President,” Dunford wrote in the message, a copy of which was provided to POLITICO. β€œThere will be no modifications to the current policy until the President's direction has been received by the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary has issued implementation guidance.”

#50 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl πŸŒ›

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:20 PM

I don't get his reasoning for banning trans troops. Is he saying that they're taking hormone treatments or having elective surgeries while on or about to be on the front lines? Because that is the only thing that would make sense to me, if it's to ensure that troops aren't weakened by one of their men or women transitioning at a very bad time. But I somehow don't think transitioning is going to be at the forefront of their mind when they're trying keep themselves and their comrades alive, nor would they have the facilities. Does he mean that veterans get medical aid to fund the process after they complete their service? I can understand possibly if they were funding those surgeries over prosthetics, rehab, and therapy to save the mental health of the veterans, but I doubt that's the case.

I don't get why this is even a thing. Trump, and whoever is advising him, have really strange priorities. If someone could explain this for the non-Americans, that would be very helpful!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: politics, doom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users