Quantcast

Nostalgia thread!

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 13 May 2017 - 01:11 PM

back when i was a child and being rich was hella hard 

When I was a kid I wanted one of those "Angel Zafaras" I had no idea they were just christmas color.

I spent so fucking long trying to get one ;-; 

Never did until after I started cheating LOL

#27 Ayami

Ayami
  • 280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:46 PM

Had a learning moment, that kinda made me hate the game for a while this was around the time grundo was introduced if I remember correctly. I had a best friend who also played the game I trusted them to use my computer one day while I was sleeping they checked my user details from autologin, Stole everything. It was a very disappointing moment for me. Trust no one with your information because even friends will flip for a bit of internet currency.

#28 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:26 PM

When the Neopian Times editorial was relevant. 

#29 iwonttell

iwonttell
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 01:25 PM

The Meridell wars were what really got me hooked. I remember thinking if I could just refresh until lord darigan had 10 hp left I had it in the bag. Didn't work out I'm afraid. :p 

#30 neobo

neobo
  • 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:21 PM

Playing with dorm-mates hogging seats in my school's computer lab, T1 line. I mean I had dailup at home.... I actually thought I'd get something good from the donation tree

#31 neopetsexploded

neopetsexploded
  • 234 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 02:25 AM

-When you have to visit the Healing Springs faerie every 15 minutes so you can be cured of the disease incurred from war bd challengers like the giant spyders in order to battle again.

When people hoard medicines in the 100s awaiting Wheel of Excitement sickness to changes in order to sell them at inflated price.

When people goes to Terror mountain and keep refreshing hoping to get Christmas Paint Brush from RE.

When scams like asking 500k for Magical Plushie, canceling trade, put non magical plushie back, works.

When scammer use side account to put up 10 Paint brushes with wishlist for a HTS r101 their main is selling.

#32 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:03 AM

When people hoard medicines in the 100s awaiting Wheel of Excitement sickness to changes in order to sell them at inflated price.

When people goes to Terror mountain and keep refreshing hoping to get Christmas Paint Brush from RE.

When scams like asking 500k for Magical Plushie, canceling trade, put non magical plushie back, works.

When scammer use side account to put up 10 Paint brushes with wishlist for a HTS r101 their main is selling.

Remember before they changed the name of the paintbrush plushies and people would scam to absolute fuck with them?

#33 wikkles

wikkles
  • 556 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:15 PM

The disappointment caused by the rewards to the Altador plot. Some real disappointment.

Finding the constellations as they were happening was super cool though.

Also lenny conundrums and user-created HATPC levels ;_;

#34 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:07 PM

The Maze on Altador plot was cool as well

#35 wikkles

wikkles
  • 556 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:30 PM

I absolutely adored the Altador plot honestly. The constellations/the mechanism to find them were very very cool (at least to 9 year old me).

#36 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:34 PM

It does make you wonder if they will ever find the time and expertise to do something like that again.

Nice Cat btw ;)

#37 wikkles

wikkles
  • 556 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:53 PM

Really does :/

LDP was the first plot I was around for, that had some excellent puzzle-solving. Unfortunately little-kid me couldn't really comprehend much of it. I wish current me was around then. Alas.

edit: Also thank you! She's currently terrorizing some spiders on the balcony to my apartment.

Edited by wikkles, 01 June 2017 - 11:54 PM.

#38 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:55 PM

Dont we all ;) I have been around neo for so long (a few months off here and there) but still learning new stuff.  If I think of some of the things I have let go or not done now I kick myself :p

#39 Deoxys

Deoxys
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:00 AM

I miss so much the old neopets :(

Old poogle pose, emotion to got suap/mspp avatars, paint a pet

#40 11pigeons

11pigeons
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:02 PM

I remember sending in a parental permission form for my first account to get chat enabled. Fun times

#41 Shiemi

Shiemi
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:42 PM

I remember seeing neopets on like nickelodeon or something as a kid, and I immediately made an account

but I spent months begging people for items like every annoying 8 year old

#42 Sorbetgirl

Sorbetgirl
  • 10 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:37 PM

Totally miss having NO FILTERS!!!!!!

#43 TwirlyWhirl

TwirlyWhirl
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:03 PM

I'm an old time user who just got back into Neopets the last year or so. I miss the original Neopet artwork, it was a total shock to my mental state to see it changed. It almost seems unfair they forced that change on the majority on Neopets. >.>

And the community is SO much smaller! One of my favorite things to do as a kid was hangout in the role playing thread. I feel like everything is pretty much dead now in comparison. :(

ALSO, did anyone else religiously collect the McDonald Happy Meal Neopets plushies? :cool:

#44 cag3d

cag3d
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:03 AM

*pokes siggy*

#45 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2017 - 06:04 AM

Anyone remember the HTML guide? Is that still around?

#46 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:43 AM

I miss being in an active guild, was actually quite fun when the filters weren't so bad as they are now. I made lots of friends back in the day but I have no idea where they are now since my first main got frozen. RIP. I feel like nowadays guilds are mostly dead and  it's almost impossible to make connections with people.

#47 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:11 PM

I miss being in an active guild, was actually quite fun when the filters weren't so bad as they are now. I made lots of friends back in the day but I have no idea where they are now since my first main got frozen. RIP. I feel like nowadays guilds are mostly dead and  it's almost impossible to make connections with people.

Oh man I miss this too. I'm sure there are active guilds now but it's not smart to join them as a cheater since people are report happy fucks. :(

#48 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2017 - 02:31 PM

*pokes siggy*

God I loved the glitter fonts... we are in such dark times

#49 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:23 PM

Oh man I miss this too. I'm sure there are active guilds now but it's not smart to join them as a cheater since people are report happy fucks. :(

I'm in a guild with my main. It has like 9,000 people, but only about 6 active members lol 

It's the same guild that I stole a layout from to use on my user lookup when I had an old account. They banned me from the guild lol They still don't know it was me :) Not that I think anyone would remember. I think the old guild leader died and now there's someone else in charge.

Edited by Trapezeo, 06 July 2017 - 03:24 PM.

#50 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:06 PM

*pokes siggy*

Oh my god. It's been SO LONG since I've last heard that. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users