Quantcast

Spanking? Yes, no, or grey area?

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#101 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:39 AM

I meant face cheeks lol but yeah I'm just speaking my thoughts. I do agree violence should be avoided at all costs. 

How is slapping a child in the face any better than slapping them on their ass though?

#102 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 November 2017 - 12:50 PM

Yeah, I don't like kids. Like I said, I don't plan on ever having any (or even babysitting any) so fear ye not, I will not be taping children to walls.

But when I hear them screaming/throwing a fit, it is a visual that pleases me.

Who doesn't love a child in agony, right?

#103 earthanimal

earthanimal
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:41 PM

Who doesn't love a child in agony, right?

i'm glad you understand

#104 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:29 PM

I think it's threads like this that make me appreciate the fact that negative rep was taken away.

#105 Neoxx

Neoxx
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:57 AM

I will not be smacking my children, I still remember the terror I felt when I was smacked, and compared to the reasons I was smacked, I still all these years later, can not say the punishment always (or often) fit the crime.

#106 lookaround

lookaround
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:22 PM

No. Spanking is 100% unnecessary. You don't need to AT ALL spank a child in order to control them.

#107 DogeWow

DogeWow
  • Banned from trading. Do not trade with this member!

• 17 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 08:26 AM

I've been spanked when I was a child. By a broom, hanger, flip flops, belt. Yes I experienced it all!

Maybe if I will have kids. I'll discipline them in other ways. Like when they do things they shouldn't have done. I don't want them to become spoiled and that they will think they can get everything they want when they cry and whine all the time.

#108 Buffout

Buffout
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 05:33 PM

Spanking or beating a child out of impatience, frustration or no good reason is surely very harmful.  Maybe it's less harmful if the child had done something clearly unacceptable and know the reason (ie. stealing, harassing girls). For myself I'll do some research on children education so I won't have to do so. But I know a man who's grateful to his father for breaking a broom stick on him after he steal a fruit from his neighbor. His father can't read and has more than five little kids to care after so maybe that was the best method available.

#109 Marnvn

Marnvn
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:52 AM

A big NAY.
If they do something really bad, like killing an animal just for fun, then maybe I can lose my cool and hit them (I really love animals, a lot more than humans and waaay more than kids, I hate kids).
But for regular child behaviour, no.

#110 ismail22

ismail22
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:34 PM

i dont think its an effective punishment. its better to explain to children then to just have them upset/scared

#111 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:54 PM

I was going to input my opinion but it was going to be sexual so nevermind, spank your children they sometimes deserve it and also spank me

#112 Lizard

Lizard
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:22 PM

I used to support spanking. I was of the whole “I was spanked and I turned out fine” belief. Side note, I’m not sure I’d say the way I turned out was “fine” but that’s for a different day.

Looking back, spankings just made me scared of my parents. Sure my behavior was corrected because fuck getting spanked again, but it wasn’t out of respect. I don’t want kids I ever have to fear me. Because while fear controls some people, it’s more likely that’s person will eventually lash out and retaliate against fear tactics.

#113 bootiesrus

bootiesrus
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:08 PM

I don't really physical punishments have the intended effect - though it may seem so at first.

I was hit in the face/head by my mom as a child. Whenever I did something wrong, I think I did manage to connect the dots as to why I was hit.

However, it extended to being hit for whenever she was in a bad mood and I did something she perceived as wrong. This did not lead me to really understand what was the right and the wrong behavior, but instead just made me fearful of anything, but not really understanding what I did, and it hurt my confidence A LOT in the long run.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users