Quantcast

Photo

Manager Troubles/Neo Updates (STOP USAGE)

program manager stop using update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

#1 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2019 - 07:37 AM

DO NOT USE THE PROGRAM MANAGER RIGHT NOW!

Update: Should be okay?

We’ve found the issue that was causing the login issues. It is not safe right now. 

New logins have been disabled, you should see this when attempting to log in:

UcXJUSs.png

Neopets has updates some things, including adding a javascript injection and doing browser checks (to see if it's automated traffic or an actual user with a web browser), as well as outsourcing bot catchers to a third party, and is updating their server, which is causing problems.

Please do not open the manager at all as we work.

We will let you know when it is safe again to use the manager as we update things.

Thank you for being understanding as we work on this. Hopefully we will have it fixed soon.

#2 suddenlemon

suddenlemon
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:14 AM

What are the potential repercussions to trying to log in if it didn't work? Its been a while since I used the program, so I tried to start it up today, and only came here once I noticed it was having login issues. (I closed out immediately) I'm just wondering if there is potential for damage/loss to the accounts themselves?

Edited by suddenlemon, 09 September 2019 - 09:15 AM.

#3 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:27 AM

What are the potential repercussions to trying to log in if it didn't work? Its been a while since I used the program, so I tried to start it up today, and only came here once I noticed it was having login issues. (I closed out immediately) I'm just wondering if there is potential for damage/loss to the accounts themselves?

Once may be alright but it’s difficult to say. Since the whole site is having problems, they may chock it up to that.

#4 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2019 - 10:46 AM

Thanks for the heads up! I had no idea any of this was happening X_X.

#5 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2019 - 04:04 PM

After they reversed the changes causing the "gateway" page etc I tried running some of the programs on a shell last night. Everything seemed to be working. Now it disallows me to log in with Neocodex like it was supposed to earlier. 

Does anybody know what's going on? Will we be able to bot again in the near future? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Edited by masxed, 12 September 2019 - 04:04 PM.

#6 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2019 - 04:07 PM

After they reversed the changes causing the "gateway" page etc I tried running some of the programs on a shell last night. Everything seemed to be working. Now it disallows me to log in with Neocodex like it was supposed to earlier. 

Does anybody know what's going on? Will we be able to bot again in the near future? Any information is greatly appreciated.

When the staff ensures that the program(s) are safe again they will let us know.

#7 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2019 - 04:10 PM

We had to mess with the logins as they were allowing people who weren’t staff to use the manager. Right now we’re working on it, but it may take some time as the manager is somewhat outdated and we have to upgrade it. I’ll have more info as kway continues the work.

#8 Akari

Akari
  • 57 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:20 PM

Thank you for the post, this would help a lot 

#9 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2019 - 12:00 PM

Might be a blessing in disguise? But give it up to TNT to complete mess up the site lol

#10 Zombian

Zombian
  • Banned from trading - Do NOT trade with this user.

• 135 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2019 - 08:17 AM

Well then. 

#11 rowdierowd

rowdierowd
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 06:59 PM

Any news on when this will be back up and running?

#12 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2019 - 07:18 PM

Any news on when this will be back up and running?

Right now I can’t say. I will have more info was our programmers continue the work and update us. Once I have info, I’ll let you know,

#13 dev4

dev4
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 09:27 PM

I hope the new abrosia works better  when its ready

#14 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2019 - 10:11 PM

I hope the new abrosia works better  when its ready

Abrosia has worked perfectly fine for me, and countless others for years now.

#15 rowdierowd

rowdierowd
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 10:23 PM

Thanks for the update.  I agree Adam.  I've tried many AB's and abrosia is by far the best and easiest i've ever used.  If your not getting good results your doing something wrong.  The potential with abrosia is endless.  Its personally done me very well for years to the point I can make 250m+ a month with little effort.  

I'm not a great coder by any means but if theres anything I can do to help with the issue at all feel free to pm me.

Thanks again!

#16 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2019 - 09:15 AM

Are we sure it's not safe? People seem to be ABing up a storm with other buyers with no consequences. Could we maybe have a use at your own risk mode?

#17 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2019 - 10:57 AM

Are we sure it's not safe? People seem to be ABing up a storm with other buyers with no consequences. Could we maybe have a use at your own risk mode?

Right now since neo has disabled the gateway pages, it may work. However, when they enable them, it won't work again. So we need to update the manager to be able to handle the gateway pages, the browser checks and everything. Honestly, here our priority is to keep people as safe as possible while cheating. If you use the programs that are unsafe and people get banned like crazy, we lose advanced purchases and such, which mean the site would lose money. There's a number of reasons why we don't allow people to use unsafe programs. 

Because for those who will accept that using an unsafe program is their fault, there's one who won't and will go crazy at us for allowing them to even use it in the first place. 

#18 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2019 - 11:13 AM

Right now since neo has disabled the gateway pages, it may work. However, when they enable them, it won't work again. So we need to update the manager to be able to handle the gateway pages, the browser checks and everything. Honestly, here our priority is to keep people as safe as possible while cheating. If you use the programs that are unsafe and people get banned like crazy, we lose advanced purchases and such, which mean the site would lose money. There's a number of reasons why we don't allow people to use unsafe programs. 

Because for those who will accept that using an unsafe program is their fault, there's one who won't and will go crazy at us for allowing them to even use it in the first place. 

Ahhh alright. I figured it would be weird for TNT to care now after being lax for all of those years but I guess you never know. Losing accounts is horrible. I hope you guys find a way to make the new one a reality. It doesn't sound easy. Please keep us updated. Thank you!

Edited by masxed, 17 September 2019 - 11:14 AM.

#19 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2019 - 10:07 AM

On the 13th, TNT started using captcha instead of the gateway pages. They've since stopped, but we now need to make sure the programs can deal with captcha and the gateway pages depending on what TNT decide to finally use.

This sort of text also popped up on pages if they thought you were accessing neopets too quickly:

"This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks.

This process is automatic, you will be redirected to the requested URL once the validation process is complete."

Due to this, the manager updates will take more time. TNT is getting serious, but I doubt they realize if they get rid of all the bots, they're not going to have many users left. Plus, it doesn't seem like they know what they're even doing, considering these changes have affected legit users and they have to keep taking them down because they break the site. 

#20 mindy91187

mindy91187
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 03:06 PM

On the 13th, TNT started using captcha instead of the gateway pages. They've since stopped, but we now need to make sure the programs can deal with captcha and the gateway pages depending on what TNT decide to finally use.

This sort of text also popped up on pages if they thought you were accessing neopets too quickly:

"This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks.

This process is automatic, you will be redirected to the requested URL once the validation process is complete."

Due to this, the manager updates will take more time. TNT is getting serious, but I doubt they realize if they get rid of all the bots, they're not going to have many users left. Plus, it doesn't seem like they know what they're even doing, considering these changes have affected legit users and they have to keep taking them down because they break the site. 

So does that mean we are getting close for the program to work again?

#21 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2019 - 03:11 PM

So does that mean we are getting close for the program to work again?

Right now I can’t give a timeline as we really have just one programmer, and the new neopets updates along with the third party bot detection is somewhat difficult to deal with. When I can give a time,one, I’ll let everyone know.

#22 Akari

Akari
  • 57 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2019 - 03:30 PM

Actually if we use the program TNT will freeze all the accounts using the program

#23 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2019 - 03:40 PM

Actually if we use the program TNT will freeze all the accounts using the program

And that’s why we set it to not let people login right now. We don’t want people getting banned like crazy. Sure, banning is always a risk but right now it’s even worse while the manager isn’t updated.

#24 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2019 - 06:38 PM

Thanks for this! I came back from a mini hiatus for mental health issues so of course I am back on Neo. So I am glad I hadn't touched the cheating apps yet! I have a nice account going!

#25 Ghartun

Ghartun
  • 233 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2019 - 09:39 AM

Thanks for the hard work guys. I'm ready to tap that Advanced button whenever things are back and running.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: program, manager, stop, using, update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users