Quantcast

Photo

Wow The Death Toll Of That Tsunami Keeps Rising..

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Sully

Sully
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 05:53 PM

Truely is terrible.. and I'm sorry if anyone has family members over there.

#2 j0k3r210

j0k3r210
  • 1508 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 05:54 PM

I really sux that they have to sufer isnt it

Posted 03 January 2005 - 05:54 PM

My brother was over there 1 month ago. He said it was peaceful..... Iw onder if he'll say that again... ever

#4 Sully

Sully
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 05:58 PM

My brother was over there 1 month ago. He said it was peaceful..... Iw onder if he'll say that again... ever

wow thats sad.. and I was having this conversation with my sister it was only like 3000 people killed on 9/11 right? or around there but I mean they are saying 155,000 PEOPLE!

#5 AnnieS1527

AnnieS1527
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 06:54 PM

<_< It really puts things into perspective. We suffered a lot, but they lost over 50 ti'mes the number of people we did. :D

#6 pokhermama

pokhermama
  • 1050 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 07:27 PM

well it was a 9.0 earthquake centered in the ocean that caused it and they knew like 4 hours before the big one hit that it was coming they still could not get out. also there were people scuba diving that lived

Posted 03 January 2005 - 09:12 PM

wow scuba people living :( 9.0 earthquake isn't even on the scale is it? I think it only goes up to 8.........

#8 pokhermama

pokhermama
  • 1050 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 09:52 PM

not sure I know there will be a 9.0 within 30 years about 100 miles away from me and I will feel it here. also the one that happened in asia moved islands 98 miles:O

#9 Gravity

Gravity
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 09:53 PM

not sure I know there will be a 9.0 within 30 years about 100 miles away from me and I will feel it here. also the one that happened in asia moved islands 98 miles:O

View Post

Yep so they know have to redraw the maos.'

And the earthquakes can reach up to 10.

#10 pokhermama

pokhermama
  • 1050 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 10:38 PM

The U.S. will have donated about a total of 2 million dollers to asia to rebuild!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats bs they need to get off our money

#11 dck

dck
  • 2361 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 10:42 PM

Yes, on the Richter (think I spelled that right) Scale each increase of one magnituded is 10 ti'mes stronger than the last (like a 2.5 is 10 ti'mes stronger than a 1.5) and it goes up to 10

#12 freakymama

freakymama
  • 567 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 10:56 PM

My husband works with a lady named Rahani, and her daughter told her she was going on vacation some where else here in the states and Rahani the lady, thinks her daughter went to Indoneisia instead and has never heard from her daughter since and she was supposto be home right after Christmas :( ..

#13 Bahbuu

Bahbuu
  • 2028 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 12:23 AM

it was the strongest earthquake in 40 years...

=\

send donations!

#14 infamous

infamous
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 02:03 AM

I'm just lucky that tsunami hasn't struck here yet. but its f**kin close to their countries. its sad. and ive donated! I'm proud. harhar

#15 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:31 AM

I'm not donating because it hasn't effected me, it may seem selfish, but then you're basically saying my whole family is selfish. Out of sight out of mind is the way it works. The biggest earthquake disaster was in china when 3.7 million people died or something. People got over that, they'll get over this.

#16 Guest_Sarah_*

Guest_Sarah_*

Posted 04 January 2005 - 07:24 AM

I'm not donating because it hasn't effected me, it may seem selfish, but then you're basically saying my whole family is selfish. Out of sight out of mind is the way it works. The biggest earthquake disaster was in china when 3.7 million people died or something. People got over that, they'll get over this.

View Post

It looks very selfish :p .
I donated like 20 euro <_< .
Since I dont work, I cant donate more o.o
Buts its so sad :lol:

#17 freakymama

freakymama
  • 567 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 09:54 AM

The way I look at this donating thing is...How do you know where your money goes, once you donate it???

When the twin towers were hit and millions of dollars were donated, not much of it made it's way to the families. Some of the firemen's wives and kids didn't see 1cent of the money. These campaigns to collect all this stuff and money and who knows where it ends up.

And the way I look at it is let all these billionaires and millionaires and actors, pro athletes etc...donate. They are the ones that wont miss 50k if it were taken out of their checking :p .

Sorry if this sounds selfish, but it is so true!!! :p

#18 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2005 - 10:16 AM

What so they just went up this hill and sat there?

#19 Hanneh

Hanneh
  • 1152 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 10:21 AM

They want donations for their whater supply, as it got ruined and its all dirty.

People in UK; Go to your local supermarket and see how much bottled whater there is on the shelves. Why don't they just send that out? We're pernickity about there being something bad in the tap whater. Well uhhh, its *alot* better than what they have so get your head stuck out your ass and drink the tap whater, and give them the bottled whater. Except the supermarkets don't think that way and are being selfish by keeping it. Blergh. I'm not donating anything.

#20 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2005 - 10:24 AM

by the way, most of the donations in that place have been stolen, people being, mugged, beaten., raped etc, so plan your holidays for next year somewhere else.

#21 AnnieS1527

AnnieS1527
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 10:35 AM

And the way I look at it is let all these billionaires and millionaires and actors, pro athletes etc...donate. They are the ones that wont miss 50k if it were taken out of their checking :p .

Sorry if this sounds selfish, but it is so true!!! :D

View Post

Still... it's people's lives we're talking about here. Any little bit of donation counts. It doesn't necessarily have to be 50k. Anyway, if no one helped, you cannot blame the richest person for not donating. Based on that trend of thinking, then millionaires could leave it up to billionaires because "they are the ones that won't miss the 50 mil" and billionaires would leave it up to those richer because "they are the ones that won't miss the 50 bil". Nothing would get accomplished.  :p

#22 qsxwdc

qsxwdc
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 10:57 AM

Still... it's people's lives we're talking about here. Any little bit of donation counts. It doesn't necessarily have to be 50k. Anyway, if no one helped, you cannot blame the richest person for not donating. Based on that trend of thinking, then millionaires could leave it up to billionaires because "they are the ones that won't miss the 50 mil" and billionaires would leave it up to those richer because "they are the ones that won't miss the 50 bil". Nothing would get accomplished.  :p

View Post

nice point here :p

It's the hearts that counts, not the amount.. More ppl will be dying not directly from the tsunami if everyone's not donating anything, they r dying from dehydration or other sort of diseases from the whater they drink.

I'magine youself not drinking anything for 9 days, while there's a river beside u which u can drink from. But, it's filled with corpse.. Will u drink from it?

#23 vegeto9898

vegeto9898
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 11:06 AM

Yea last I heard was that there was 140 million or thousand I forgot :ermm:

#24 Sully

Sully
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 12:57 PM

Yea last I heard was that there was 140 million or thousand I forgog

Yeah I think your thinking in the thousands. Have you seen the disturbing videos coming out on the news.. its really ashame.

#25 Aetas

Aetas
  • 507 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 07:56 PM

True fact my science teacher told us:
when a tsunami comes...its a itty bitty wave! then if ure at sea u cant even feel it! then it hits land and goes up and over!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users