Photo

The Truth...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

#76 BiteME

BiteME
  • 427 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 08:24 PM

I dont know what to say. I feel completely let down. I trusted you guys. Especially Hydro since I talk to hi'm the most. :(

#77 Guest_lordarchangelx_*

Guest_lordarchangelx_*

Posted 14 January 2005 - 08:28 PM

shall we end this wif a prayer?

#78 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2005 - 08:37 PM

A Men

#79 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2005 - 08:41 PM

Also, people!!

Just to let you all know... 3volutions has absolutely no relation to this issue.. they are innocent. :(

#80 Stryyp

Stryyp
  • 2788 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 08:43 PM

Amen.

#81 skittles

skittles
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 08:44 PM

I'm still not convinced on what the hell I did and why I was in this

nor do I see any reason to believe it wouldnt happen again.

#82 malyptee

malyptee
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 01:58 AM

Shadow, it is nice of you to admit that 3vo is completely innocent of this issue.

Like lttle, I am a smod there too. I am very concern of the security of my account now. I need assurance from the admins that my login details were never used.

On the issue of RDD, he broke your rules but he acted as a whistle blower. If  it comes to the court  of law, he will be found innocent. After what happened (I.e. he did the right thing but you put the blame on hi'm, completely destroy his reputation), it will be I'mpossible for hi'm to return and act as if nothing happened. I think all the admins owe hi'm an apology for the very least.

Secondly, on the issue of keylogging.  It is not just I'mmoral but probably illegal. If you put in your conditions that you will obtain their login details and may use it against the members for "security" reason, I doubt anybody will have joined Codex at all. You have failed your duty as admins, not to mention about the "trust"  issue. The only way to restore the whole thing is for the brainchild behind this NID program to come out and do the right thing.

Thirdly, on using the information you obtained illegally. Apologies should be issued to those you exploited (I.e. lttle etc) regardless of them knowing or not. You will also need to issue official apologies to the sites you entered illegally. I cannot say for other sites but being a member of 3vo, I am mad at what happened and I think peaceful co-existence between the sites will benefit all. An apology will certainly calm things down. Any talk of war between Codex and other sites should be banned and the member should be issued a warning.

Fourth, Trevor. You are not afraid to go against the admin for what you believe in. I salute you for that. I just wish there are more mods like you, and I am sorry for what you need to go through to voice your opinion.

The whole system of how the admins operate will need to be changed. It is way too secretive. It may not be a good idea to have an admin forum. I think a staff forum is sufficient. Afterall, they are your staff and you need to be able to trust them.

Even if everything can be I'mplemented, it will take a while for the admins to regain their trust, both among the members and among the neocheat community. I  don't know about you guys but I can say I will be more careful around here in future.

Another thing that nobody mentioned is ace's role  in the cover up. Did he know the truth? If he was given admin access after you have erase everything, his reputation has been damaged in your cover up as well. If he knows the truth all along, then I do not find myself able to believe what he say again in future.

Edited by malyptee, 15 January 2005 - 05:05 AM.

#83 414de7fe6

414de7fe6
  • 2559 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 04:37 AM

Malyptee, you are one of the most awesome moderators around, if you can completly push through a statement like that. I awe you now, and you say it all..

He is right, having first hand witness to the moderation/administration of this forum since last year, I wasnt informed about this intellegence agency, and nor did I know that they were md5'ing my passwords.

This is not stated in the term of service and is a complete violation of the digital privacy law. I'm sure the admins were aware of this the whole ti'me.

As for trevor, he is both right and wrong. And I agree with you. The admins are far too secretive.

#84 xx_WLT_xx

xx_WLT_xx
  • 2471 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 05:03 AM

I'mO, the admins are both right and wrong. They are right for because it is for Codex's future. They wanted to defend Codex in case a new enemy appears (ahem, RSN, I think) and or is a threat to Codex's security. But they are also wrong because they didn't inform us about their actions and for doing illegal stuff. :thumbsup:

#85 .:Orange:.

.:Orange:.
  • 1168 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 05:13 AM

Do you guys realize how bad a rep this is gonna get us?...

#86 Stew

Stew
  • 626 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 05:36 AM

I could tell you guys were covering it up.  Those screenshots looked too real.  I'm disappointed that you guys tried to sweep it under the rug, but I'm glad you admitted it now.

I couldn't help but wonder if the NID was real.  Doesn't surprise me.

I think this is a sad moment for this community.  Malyptee is right.  About everything.

#87 113

• 1190 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 07:05 AM

wow, we had our cia :D

#88 SteWieH

SteWieH
  • 3423 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 08:11 AM

Malyptee I voiced my opions off of codex. ask Sl64 and Elf.. iw as trying tog et them to admit the truth and stugfff. I got banned myself for some stuff I was gonna post on codex which would explain my ban a couple of days ago for a couple of hours. I don't bring my issus with the admin in the open. if I had a problem I deal with it one on one as it should

#89 Bão

Bão
  • 5407 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2005 - 08:42 AM

Do you guys realize how bad a rep this is gonna get us?...

View Post

I do, many will now think NeoCodex is a threat. Not many people will want to sign up.

#90 malyptee

malyptee
  • 42 posts

Malyptee I voiced my opions off of codex. ask Sl64 and Elf.. iw as trying tog et them to admit the truth and stugfff. I got banned myself for some stuff I was gonna post on codex which would explain my ban a couple of days ago for a couple of hours. I don't bring my issus with the admin in the open. if I had a problem I deal with it one on one as it should

View Post

I agree  to what you said. However, I cannot help myself to think that if this truth would have came out if Trevor did not make it public.

Just like yourself, if I have any disagreements with my admins, I will try to resolve it privately, perhaps get another admin or mod involved as a neutral party. After that, if I still disgaree, I will resign. In some very serious matter like this, when all the members are affected (not to mention that it is illegal), I will bring the fact to the other members' attention. Because they have the right to know.

What you did here, Steven, is actually highlighted the problem with the current system. An admin banned you from saying the truth! This is dictatorship and it is exactly the type of changes I want to see.

I am saying all of this as a neutral observer. You guys know more about what happen behind the door more than me. I know it will be tough to have such a lot of changes in such a short period of ti'me but I (as a member of Codex) would like to see some response from the admins.

Edited by malyptee, 15 January 2005 - 08:44 AM.

#91 AntiHero

AntiHero
  • 55 posts

Noit And Sl64=Gay CENSOREDers And I stand by my word..........feel free to ban me nubs

Edited by AntiHero, 15 January 2005 - 08:46 AM.

#92 Stryyp

Stryyp
  • 2788 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 08:54 AM

Noit And Sl64=Gay CENSOREDers And I stand by my word..........feel free to ban me nubs

View Post

Nubs? what is a nub?

And since when is being gay a bad thing?

#93 pokhermama

pokhermama
  • 1050 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 09:08 AM

Just to let you all know... 3volutions has absolutely no relation to this issue.. they are innocent.

grrrrr well I guess I am wrong but I will find something they are guilty of :D

#94 eventwilight

eventwilight
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 09:12 AM

jeeez, DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA, move on people.

#95 Hidden.Elf

Hidden.Elf
  • 1797 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 09:42 AM

we aren't getting rid of the admin section... just get over it. admins need to disbecauses things before taking them to staff or public, so we can either do it on the boards, or on msn... we opted for the boards... we have every right to have an admin section

#96 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2005 - 10:10 AM

All I can say is that if we need to close NeoCodex forever, we will.

#97 Xofia

Xofia
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 10:46 AM

Well... this is... interesting... I guess I can understand why NeoCodex would want to cover up this... but... still, it sucks being lied to :D .  Well, at least you told the truth... and hopefully the forum will be better for it  :) .

#98 skittles

skittles
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 11:07 AM

my respect goes to malyptee , as someone I work with and can talk to when needed, he's the calm words that I could not say yesterday out of anger.

I do believe apoligies should be given out.. I got one from most anyone that's lied..

but if you email other admin, they still clai'm it was for a service to us...and that we have the wrong info..we dont have the wrong info..and once a public and private apoligy are given. I will be much happier with the situation.

shadowlink..you helped build this..but now you expect everyone to just get over it..it's not going to happen, this was illegal and not sane. sorry...once credit is taken..we will be much better off

#99 Bão

Bão
  • 5407 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2005 - 12:05 PM

All I can say is that if we need to close NeoCodex forever, we will.

View Post

I really hope you guys don't do that. Many others and I are addicted, very addicted to NeoCodex. I think my energy may be going down because all I do now is just sit at the computer typing away on NeoCodex. My parents have warned me to go outside and be active, but I haven't done so. I haven't played outside for quite a while now.

#100 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2005 - 12:11 PM

I have an idea that will save NeoCodex's ass and possibly make it live another generation:

1. Fire all admins (Yup, that means us 6 won't be administrator's anymore)

2. Replace us with 6 others (smods and few mods) (I have a few in mind that would love being admin).

That way, we will be out of your face, and the new peeps can take over and piece what is left of NeoCodex.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users