gsmokez
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:53 PM

I've got a long way till 500

#27 chaochaoqi

chaochaoqi
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:14 PM

any particular shops recommended to go to for bargains? Like I get that the Magic shop is great for MPs but like I'm looking for lots of items kind of thing, lot of items, smaller profit is fine. or a happy medium :)

#28 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:18 PM

food, books, spooky foods.

#29 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:23 PM

Let the randomizer do its thing. After a few days, you'll know the shops that treat you well.

#30 chaochaoqi

chaochaoqi
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:37 PM

Lol, I've done the AB for like a month now, but like, just one non-ship wiz book, and never got a UB. On top of that, some days I get no items at all. I just let the AB run on it's own. Lol, but the half price day was funny. I fell asleep and forgot to turn off my comp and I had like 30 items piled up, my log was packed.

#31 Nearx

Nearx
  • 506 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:04 AM

Weird. I usually end up with bout 50 items by the time I get home from school. Less there is a restocking ban and it's in the igloo all day. Then just 10, but usually, almost every day I end up with AT LEAST one UB =/
I've been running mine for a month now too. I've gotten bout 3m off it so far. I love it and wouldn't change it! Cept, when I get 500 posts, I'm changing the time spent in each shop ><
Otherwise, let it just randomly go through. If you fixate on one shop, you're more likely to get iced (Like the magic shop for MPs and the Meridell foods for DE's)

#32 watashiwakaizoku

watashiwakaizoku
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:39 AM

just curious, what are you setting the min. profit at to get 50 items per day. i don't get half as many but i set a pretty high profit margin, and i alternate the hours it run mostly.

but anyway abrosia is awesomeeee!

#33 nicksmart21

nicksmart21
  • 135 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:51 AM

you just have to try :D and when you start and see the post´s counter going up you will love post ! :D

im from portugal and i post! arround 30 post day :D

#34 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:12 PM

Posts like this aren't going to help your cause either.

#35 sexymama

sexymama
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:21 PM

you guys are lucky most time i only get like 3 items and 10 in the igloo...... question why you guys made the rules so strict with the 500 post?

#36 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:30 PM

you guys are lucky most time i only get like 3 items and 10 in the igloo...... question why you guys made the rules so strict with the 500 post?

Yeah, I realise this thread is about 3 months old, but to answer his question:

It's to prevent people from joining the site JUST to download the programs. the 500 is temptation to participate (at least a little) and hopefully after the 500 posts they will decide to stay. (at least that's my bullshit theory)

#37 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:49 PM

why not just subscribe for 5 bucks...?

#38 GreenScissors

GreenScissors
  • 478 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:32 PM

why not just subscribe for 5 bucks...?

Because you have to keep resubscribing. 500 posts is forever

#39 SmAsHeR

SmAsHeR
  • 443 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:49 PM

If you fixate on one shop, you're more likely to get iced (Like the magic shop for MPs and the Meridell foods for DE's)

I disagree, if you always restock in the same shop it shows you know what your doing in that shop. I use to restock in stamps for ages, now I'm doing magic and occasionally stamps too.

#40 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:41 PM

If you keep a constant pace of posting, then you shouldn't have to spend more than 12 bucks, which is chump change for most people, so there's no problems anywhere.

#41 ThaMan

ThaMan
  • 448 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:43 PM

Yep, if i try i can get 20 posts a day. Idk why i keep buying advanced though, i dont autobuy currently =/ lol. i guess im just being awesome and supporting neocodex :p

#42 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:44 PM

Well, you have it.

#43 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:02 PM

For AB lists, if we have them from other sites are we allowed to post those? I'd love to share some of my lists!

Also, for ABrosia, would we be able to AB in one shop for however long we wanted if we manually entered the shop ID and manually entered the list? Or does it still switch/shut down after 40 mins?

#44 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:56 PM

For AB lists, if we have them from other sites are we allowed to post those? I'd love to share some of my lists!

Also, for ABrosia, would we be able to AB in one shop for however long we wanted if we manually entered the shop ID and manually entered the list? Or does it still switch/shut down after 40 mins?

Question 1: No. Posting lists would be encouraging bypassing the method in which the program is supposed to work. We have an item database as well, so posting lists is not allowed.

Question 2: Yes. If you want to buy in only one shop, you can load a list.

#45 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:02 PM

Not using our own list helps contribute to the database's prices, right?

#46 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:12 PM

Not using our own list helps contribute to the database's prices, right?

Well, you will always contribute. Here's what Abrosia does while it is running:

1. It will randomly search the wiz to price items from our database
2. It will tell the database what it sees restock and when

If you have it set to rotate shops, that will increase the amount of data that is gathered on less popular shops (and hopefully let us know if a new and profitable item appears)

#47 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:24 PM

Well, you will always contribute. Here's what Abrosia does while it is running:

1. It will randomly search the wiz to price items from our database
2. It will tell the database what it sees restock and when

If you have it set to rotate shops, that will increase the amount of data that is gathered on less popular shops (and hopefully let us know if a new and profitable item appears)

Oh, I see.

I'll contribute to the database when I start Neopets again.

#48 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:15 PM

Question 1: No. Posting lists would be encouraging bypassing the method in which the program is supposed to work. We have an item database as well, so posting lists is not allowed.

Question 2: Yes. If you want to buy in only one shop, you can load a list.

Ohh okay then. Sorry, didn't think of the fact that ABrosia running in more shops would gather more data. I'll try to do that more often from now on then, I can wait. :p

#49 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:31 PM

I dont see how posting a custom list is so bad. As long as they haven't used Advanced Membership to create a list then publicly post it...

Unless it was specifically coded otherwise (which would be a poor move) there's no reason ABrosia couldnt run off a list base (Itemlist) and still contribute prices to the database. It simply means 2 arrays... which is what I would assume is done anyway...

1. Download Database details - Array 1
2. Generate list based on shop - Array 2 [Array 2 may be over-rided via a manual list]
3. Price random items from Array 1 and submit
4. When MSAB'ing, use Array 2 to compare for items and still collect data for Array 1.

Would need more information from someone more privvy to Abrosia's workings to confirm but the way you have explained the way it works is one weird ass way of doing things...

Reason #2 that I listed is the difference. We rely on non-Advanced members for this information for the month or so that they are basic members. Obviously popular shops will have incredibly accurate data about restocks, thanks to the Advanced members that specifically choose to have those shops in their list, and for the people who manually use lists.

The other reason to not post item lists from other sites: We have an item database. By using another site's database to gather information and posting it here, you would be doing (a slightly less accurate) version of using our databases to post a list.

The program works the way it does for a reason. If you want a list, you provide it yourself. If you want to use the database, you either take your lucky grab or reach Advanced.

The lucky grab isn't even lucky grab anymore. It was slanted in the user's favor to tend towards shops with a higher ratio of profitable items.

#50 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:49 PM

ABrosia isn't the only AB out there and it's a poor idea to try and force it onto anybody who wants to be part of the community. I thought communities like this were about sharing information. Some people have no issues sharing Score Sender lists. I dont really see an AB list as any different. At the end of the day, aren't we here to make profits?

I thought this was a cheating community (granted not everyone here actually cheats) yet you are censoring information that can be valuable... to both ABrosia users AND non-ABrosia users. I myself wouldnt mind getting my hands on some pre-done profitable AB lists for certain shops. Instead I am manually making my own using my old AB lists as templates.

http://www.neocodex....ck&style=simple

shouldn't this give you what you are looking for?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users