#27 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:22 PM

mine says it IS a virus , on both files lol

View Post

I noticed that its a webpage you took a screenshot of. its not even online...thats QUITE easy to fake.

not only that. But simply because its a third party dll and ocx some virus scanners will pick it up as a virus.

Attached Files

#28 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:14 PM

actually its not online :) look, its in my documents, when I pressed "few last report" or whatever it opened that, its a log thats in the AV's directory

#29 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:20 PM

Ok... so what damage has the "virus" done to your computer? Virus scanners detect tons of things that aren't really viruses.

#30 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:21 PM

actually its not online :) look, its in my documents, when I pressed "few last report" or whatever it opened that, its a log thats in the AV's directory

View Post

So how can it not be easily faked. I dont think that your ISP's antivirus is better than all of those listed up there who specialize in anti virus software. Those antivirus companies found nothing.

Dont know what you are trying to pull fatal, but its not working.

#31 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:30 PM

im not tryin to pull anythin lol, read my first post, all I said is MY virus detected a virus, im not sayin "OMG CODEX WTF U BUNCHA *DD_ FJWJGW's"
Or "EVERY1 DELETE IT!", im jus sayin, "is this true, or.." lol

u guys jus hate me and are pickin on me :D

#32 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:42 PM

Nope we dont hate you and are definately not picking on you. Were 100% sure that there is no virus on the codex checks. Mumei is a professional programmer and has a lot of things to do that are more important than breaking random peoples' computer. Not only that, but if all those more trusted anti virus firms responded with no virus, im having a hard time believing your ISP's antivirus. I have a hard time believing that they even found a new virus when all of the other firms didnt.

#33 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:51 PM

Mumei can prove its not a virus :) He'll help y'all understand when he comes online :)

#34 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:05 PM

Mumei can prove its not a virus :) He'll help y'all understand when he comes online :)

View Post

Till then we will be his reinforements :D

#35 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:36 PM

I never said I thot it was a virus... lol I said my AV said it was, so hows that a reinforcement :)

#36 414de7fe6

414de7fe6
  • 2559 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:41 PM

GHOST says nothing, bitdefender says nothing, norton says nothing, housecall says nothing, pccillin says nothing.

Faked screenie.

#37 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:56 PM

Faked screenie.

View Post

Pretty easy to fake as its on his own computer. Just a little HTML editing.

#38 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2005 - 06:57 AM

nah its not fake, I hav no idea how :) u can try online version of mine, but it  might not detect it, iv had online scanners miss things, then I get retail version and it works

EDIT NVM... use this link::::    http://www.freedom.net/products/av/

Edited by BIOHazard, 23 May 2005 - 06:59 AM.

#39 Robert

Robert
  • 6934 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2005 - 06:59 AM

well even if it says there is a virus it probably isn't mumie wouldn't do that.

#40 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:11 AM

Mumei wouldnt do such a thing. God man.

#41 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:17 AM

rofl jus close if ppl r gonna flame/// then,, think I faked a screenie, I never said it was a virus, all I said is 'my av detected this.... whats the deal and is this true'

all I said....  then the rest of the topic is basicly about me "faking" it and how I "lie"

Edited by BIOHazard, 23 May 2005 - 07:19 AM.

#42 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:19 AM

We are not flaming you :)

#43 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:21 AM

I dont wanna talk anymore, my point got as far as my first post.... and the posts recently didnt help... *leaves till later*

#44 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:26 AM

pfft moody o.o

#45 Stryyp

Stryyp
  • 2788 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:31 AM

No one is flaming you  >_< The admins and others have come to multiple conclusions about it, and you keep insisting that it is a virus because YOUR anti-virus says that it is, when many others have said that it isn't.

Edited by Michael, 23 May 2005 - 07:32 AM.

#46 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:44 AM

No one is flaming you  >_< The admins and others have come to multiple conclusions about it, and you keep insisting that it is a virus because YOUR anti-virus says that it is, when many others have said that it isn't.

View Post

exactly.

^ that is what you call spam ;)

#47 Robert

Robert
  • 6934 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:51 AM

well lets just wait to see what mumie has to say then :)

#48 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:03 AM

View Post

rofl nah.. I(ME) never said it was a virus lol, ok robert finally gave me the answer so jus close this lol, u guys spammed, I don't know what ur talkin about, ur like almost off-topic lolol my topic was supposed to be about my AV rofl and what it detected. were off to "I faked the screenie" and um this other crap where all u needed to say was "ur AV false detected...topic closed" lol that woulda been good, but no/

also star, nah im not moody kthx for ur compliment :) nice of u

#49 Robert

Robert
  • 6934 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:05 AM

ok closed :)

:closed:

#50 Mumei

Mumei
  • 3545 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:20 AM

Hi there - I have only just noticed this topic (don't go into General Chat very often LOL) otherwise I would have posted an answer a long time ago. 

I tested my objects with a number of Anti-Virus packages to make sure that it didn't give any false positives, however I had never heard of this one
I suspect that NOD32 objected to the packing method I use (I have packed the files to prevent people from trying to hack into them, and to make them smaller for distro, that's all)

I can confirm that there is no Virii contained within any of my software.  I thank everyone for defending me, if you are paranoid about the codex check

you can set-up a firewall block to prevent it accessing any website other than this one

You can even monitor it with an IP sniffer if you wish to see what information I send to this site (which is only the required info to logon to Codex and validate the program in question - after that I close down)

You can even check when my program is running to verify that it closes down after successful validation has taken place.

If you look at the description of CRYPT.WIN32 it does mention that false positives are possible with this one.

You are more than welcome to believe my program contains a virus - and if you do, I would recommend you don't run it.  You are essentially taking my word for it that it doesn't contain anything malicious as I will not be releasing the source-code for anyone to verify in the near future (Security Reasons).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users