Transformers

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Black Flame

Black Flame
  • 6063 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:00 PM

Alright so I just came back from seeing Transformers. I loved it. The special effects are flawless and the acting is pretty good(not award-worthy, but believable). The story is alright and some of the dialogue was corny, but that's forgivable. Overall: I give it an 8.5/10, meaning: GO SEE IT YOU FOOLS!! tongue.gif

Discuss Transformers

#2 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:31 PM

Me, Brooke, and a few friends are going to see this movie soon. It better be good, Or I am stealing your soul.

#3 Black Flame

Black Flame
  • 6063 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE(Cataliste @ Jul 3 2007, 03:31 PM) View Post
Me, Brooke, and a few friends are going to see this movie soon. It better be good, Or I am stealing your soul.

If you hate it, I give you and Brooke full permission to steal my soul thumbsup.gif If you end up having to steal it though, could you do it tomorrow and not on my birthday?

#4 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:36 PM

i wanted to go see it but have no one to go with at the moment.. and i don't want to go alone... just looks wierd

#5 Chew

Chew
  • 6307 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:43 PM

Going to go see it this weekend, still wanting to see 1408 but it keeps getting pushed back. Maybe I will have to bite the bullet and go see it alone. But I remember the transformers when I was a kid. SO I just have to go see this.

#6 Bullseye

Bullseye
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 05:40 PM

I seen today like at 11 it was pretty good and lots of action it was just long it was like 2 hours and a half

#7 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:07 PM

wow.. that is long.. that's like pirates long...

#8 Hlaw

Hlaw
  • 611 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:17 AM

anything directed by spielberg has to be good tongue.gif

#9 fruglemonkey

fruglemonkey
  • 411 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 01:31 AM

>.> someone beat me to saying how awesome it was... mad.gif

Anyway, I highly recommend that you watch this movie. Highly recommend it. Hehe, one of the autobots ends up pissing on a special agent dude...

Very funny movie, with barking awesome CGI. Watching one of the transformers transform has been like a lifelong dream (They've never shown a detailed transformation on screen).

#10 Black Flame

Black Flame
  • 6063 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:23 AM

QUOTE(angmor @ Jul 4 2007, 04:17 AM) View Post
anything directed by spielberg has to be good tongue.gif

It's directed and produced by Michael Bay, but its also produced by Steven Speilberg smile.gif

#11 Azures

Azures
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:33 AM

Yeah great movie, i only wish they could have added more Transformers but that would have dragged it on even longer. rolleyes.gif

#12 spottedtiger

spottedtiger
  • 427 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:43 AM

ah so many good reviews i had been very skeptical about it but my lil bros wanna go see it so maybe i might too xD

Edited by spottedtiger, 04 July 2007 - 08:44 AM.

#13 Insanedragonz

Insanedragonz
  • 3011 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:11 AM

Going to watch it this Friday biggrin.gif

#14 magda11us

magda11us
  • 343 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:40 AM

Oh my I need to go and watch it then. Hopefully this week I can go.

#15 arthritis

arthritis
  • 999 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:32 AM

i'm catching it with a friend the day after tomorrow.

go me!

#16 Hazard

Hazard
  • 3424 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:34 AM

i heard it is set out like a comedy film...its that right, for anyone that has watched it yet.

#17 Magma

Magma
  • 792 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE(ĦÅŽÁŕď2ØŤĤẻѓŻ @ Jul 8 2007, 10:34 AM) View Post
i heard it is set out like a comedy film...its that right, for anyone that has watched it yet.

Well its not set out like a comedy.. it has comedy elements, but its not the main focus at all. I watched in on the 4th of July and it was an amazing film. The action was unbelievable and the plot was wonderful.
Spolier (kinda)
There was a lot of comedy in the beginning cause they needed someway to make the first part more fun, as the blunt of the movie was a introduction to the transformers and their mission on earth.

#18 Hazard

Hazard
  • 3424 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:41 AM

hmm i definitely watching the film on Friday or someday in the week

WOW my 1000th post yahoo.gif

#19 Insanedragonz

Insanedragonz
  • 3011 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:38 AM

Hot girl with sick ass transform cars, what else do you want more out of a movie? xD
I like it smile.gif

#20 Hater_Boxden

Hater_Boxden
  • 1156 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:43 PM

This movie was amazing. Even though it was really long, there was alot of action and i never found myself getting bored. There were some very funny scenes and you grew to love the autobots and their whole cause. It is good that they emphasized the human's participation in the defeating of the decepticons because in the TV show it is done the same way to show the autobots could not have done it otherwise. The voices of the autobots were also well done and it paid tribute to the spirit of transformers by including Optimus's famous quotes "Transform and Roll out!" and "All Sentient Life in the Universe deserves Freedom". Most problems in the movie had to do with the Decepticons in that not enough time is focused on them. We meet about 2 and the rest come in at the end of the movie in one little scene and participate in the final battle. We do not really know much about their causes, their personalities, or get to know them much, even Megatron who is given a full background story feels alittle incomplete and left me thinking that there needs to be more hate established in him towards the autobots and Optimus. Megatron's design was not the best either(He is also supposed to turn into a gun but in the movie he turns into a plane) and Starscreams design was not at all like the show. I make these flaws sound worse than they are but watching the movie, it wont bother you much because the rest of the movie with the action makes up for it. P.S Megan Fox is beautiful i could look into her eyes all day.

#21 philywilly

philywilly
  • 1656 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 03:18 PM

Should be seeing it tomorrow smile.gif from what I hear it's really good.. so I can't wait!

#22 applesauce

applesauce
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:43 PM

While I didn't actually pay to go see it, It was unexpectedly incredible. :3

#23 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:47 PM

I got back from seeing this not too long ago. As bizarre as it sounds, I didn't know much at all about Transformers before I saw this movie. I knew it was old and a tv show and all that shit. I liked it! It was longer than most movies, but tolerable!

#24 Jon

Jon
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:20 PM

I heard that it was a great movie although I didn't get to watch it yet. I also want to watch the movie because of Megan Fox.

#25 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:30 PM

If my barknut friends haven't seen it by tomorrow, I'll see it with them. But most likely they have sometime this weekend while I was grounded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users