Quantcast

Photo

ever been frozen?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: freeze froze frozen

have you ever been frozen?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 camillepie

camillepie
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:35 AM

Okayy so i wanted to insert the possible causes for getting frozen in the poll's answers but then i realized it's not that simple with all those programs out there and the potential use of a proxy/no proxy etc, so if your answer is positive just include the reason why (or why you think) you got frozen, and whether you have a static ip or not/used a proxy etc in your post.

I'm asking because before my old account was stolen (and i still havent figured out how) i used refreshers for several hours everyday for months and months with a static ip and nothing ever happened to me.
Two days ago i started a new account from scratch, and since i didn't really manage to find an effective refresher i haven't been able to stop abusing a sponsor click program ;-;
I do use the ace auto refresher i found here, which is pretty much great, spider mode and all, but somehow it always stops working PRECISELY after 1676 refreshes, so i have to start it up again every half hour or so.

But i digress.
Anyway, i just wish to know some details about the rate at which "cheaters" get frozen, and why. Actually i've been wondering whether it could be possible that cheat programs like autoclickers for sponsor links or even refreshersaren't that likely to get you frozen, since clicking their sponsor links gets neopets some real life money, and so do pageviews since there are ads all over the place. I assume that's how it works. I could also be very wrong.

... I guess i might also be looking for some reassurance since, as i said, i've been abusing some programs, and probably will for another week until i have 1mil np and can start restocking effectively. I want to play neo and i want it NOW! >:(
Now i guess i can only count on my luck, or lack of thereof (;

Oh, and also, do you think me living in france and usually not playing at the same time tnt is working could have anything to do with how much i have been able to/can get away with?

ps; i searched "frozen" in this forum to see if any other poll like this one had been posted before and didn't find any, so i assumed it was okay. but if it has feel free to delete this and i'll search more thorougly (;

#2 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:48 AM

i was frozen about 6 years ago using a user shop autobuyer i didnt find on this site. i was a noob and the account maybe had 50k in it which i was proud of.lol

#3 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:09 AM

Haven't been frozen even once in my 7 years of playing Neopets and I've been cheating my ass off since I started. Didn't start using programs until recently though, but I've been using multiple accounts to play games, restock and do sponsor links. Still do, actually.

Shit, I even do this during the day when TNT is in the office, and since I'm in North Carolina the time difference isn't really all that much different from theirs.

People think I'm just lucky, but I'd think my luck would have run out by now if that were so. I must be doing something right. wink.gif

#4 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:25 AM

i got frozen for asking how to say fuck on a "fuck you tnt" board in avatar chatt
i did many appels but never got ac back

#5 ROFLCopterz

ROFLCopterz
  • 471 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:31 AM

I've never been frozen.

#6 Bryn AKA Interhacker

Bryn AKA Interhacker
  • 1885 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:43 AM

Hundreds of times for : abbing, rasicst comments (when i was younger, sorry) Spamming, scamming, multiple accounts, been scammedd and had my account frozen, got frozen for been grassed on to the tnt because i was part of codex XD

#7 camillepie

camillepie
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:51 AM

haha dude this is not looking good. six people out of eleven have already answered they have been frozen several times.

and wow, interhacker, all those freezes and you're still playing, ironically enough you must have the patience of a saint >.>
i almost gave up when i found out my account was stolen, and probably would have if i hadn't found any cheats <.<

#8 Bryn AKA Interhacker

Bryn AKA Interhacker
  • 1885 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (camillepie @ Jul 8 2008, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha dude this is not looking good. six people out of eleven have already answered they have been frozen several times.

and wow, interhacker, all those freezes and you're still playing, ironically enough you must have the patience of a saint >.>
i almost gave up when i found out my account was stolen, and probably would have if i hadn't found any cheats <.<

I havnt cheated for about 7 months now, you always get caught in the end

#9 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:55 AM

I had my first account improperly frozen for cheating. Was about a 4 year old account back when 4 years was old. Had a little over 500 mil pure and probably another 500 in items. Had all but a few of the avatars, all though this was back when there was way less then 200.

Shortly after I joined the cheating communities and haven't been frozen since. tongue.gif

#10 iNextGenWarrior

iNextGenWarrior
  • 1635 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:43 AM

I've had about 12 accounts iced since I started neo. All for ABing.

#11 Will

Will
  • 2229 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:18 AM

I've been iced more times than I care to remember.

I think that cheaters are easily TNTs most persistent user-base. tongue.gif

#12 Freddy

Freddy
  • 5500 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:21 AM

Just got 6 accounts frozen today. smile.gif
So probably over 100 of my accounts have frozen in the 6 years i have been fucking up neopets lol.

#13 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:30 PM

Yep everytime after hacking the crap out of flash games lol. It was expected though.

After that only time I got frozen is when another person logged into my account >_< lost like a whole lotta mil. 10 in pure and at least 40 in items

#14 Mialaca

Mialaca
  • 514 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:51 PM

I just recently had my account frozen. But it was for buying/selling neopoints/pets/items, which I didn't do. Just gave a friend some points through a donation shop. tongue.gif

#15 Black Flame

Black Flame
  • 6063 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:14 PM

4 times I think, and only 1 of them was fair. 3 of them I got for cheating when I didn't. The other I got for saying 'a bad word' on my guild board. tongue.gif
QUOTE (Tailwind @ Jul 8 2008, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haven't been frozen even once in my 7 years of playing Neopets and I've been cheating my ass off since I started. Didn't start using programs until recently though, but I've been using multiple accounts to play games, restock and do sponsor links. Still do, actually.

Wow, seriously congrats. I've never used any programs and I've been frozen 4 times. TNT loves you. tongue.gif

#16 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:22 PM

Do you want me to count each account all the times when multiple accounts were frozen at once? Or just the number of times I've been iced, with a big freeze being 1?

I've probably lost in the neighborhood of 100 accounts, that I actually played on at some point in time, to freezing. Spamming- Those nights on the boards were so fun... Scamming- It was only in the neighborhood of 5k a pop, I swear, they were the ones who bought the sand from the shop. lookaround.gif For being scammed, and of course- cheating. blink.gif The one time I don't understand how I didn't get frozen was with Neojsp- I made a ton of NP off that, yet escaped the freezer. 1we8.gif

#17 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:35 PM

1) Don't abuse hacks
2) Don't get on anyones bad side
3) Don't transfer large sums at once
4) Don't show any knowledge of any such thing as cheating

#18 Amagius

Amagius
  • 1117 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:58 PM

I've been frozen multiple times.

I lost at least three on refreshers. Two on autobuying. There may have been one game playing one.

#19 iNextGenWarrior

iNextGenWarrior
  • 1635 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (pyke @ Jul 8 2008, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1) Don't abuse hacks
2) Don't get on anyones bad side
3) Don't transfer large sums at once
4) Don't show any knowledge of any such thing as cheating

Yeah, people tend to get greedy... I admit it though, I have went beserk on neopets after looking at featheralleys gallery a couple times.

#20 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (Kevin @ Jul 9 2008, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, people tend to get greedy... I admit it though, I have went beserk on neopets after looking at featheralleys gallery a couple times.

why lol

#21 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (Interhacker @ Jul 8 2008, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you always get caught in the end

I don't agree with that at all.

I don't think I have been frozen since I joined Codex. My current account has about 40 mill on it and is 9 months old....all of it got from USABing and MSABing.

To get away with cheating on Neo you need an acomeat that looks legit and you need to avoid getting greedy.

QUOTE (Kevin @ Jul 9 2008, 05:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does he/she claim to be legit?

I don't see how you can have a shop that big and be legit. I would have thought there would be more trophies and avvies on the account of someone who is obviously so into the game (I just lost rolleyes.gif ).

#22 camillepie

camillepie
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE (Hawk @ Jul 8 2008, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've probably lost in the neighborhood of 100 accounts, that I actually played on at some point in time, to freezing.

you have played on one hundred different accounts? now that's dedication O:
gosh, i don't think i could even summon the patience to create that many, even over a looong period of time.

#23 iNextGenWarrior

iNextGenWarrior
  • 1635 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (Cyo @ Jul 9 2008, 03:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why lol

Have you seen it?!? It's worth over a billion neopoints probably. Also, for some reason I like looking at screenies and gallleries and crap.

#24 Darla

Darla
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:14 PM

I've been frozen 4 times so far

#25 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:16 PM

I am an extreme bias to your poll because I'm a program developer and we tend to abuse the heck out of our creations. tongue.gif I've had more accounts frozen than what I can count on my hands.... mostly from testing programs, and from doing it for four years. 1we8.gif

But from actually using finished products, not too many actually. biggrin.gif You just need to be wise with the time delays (be very generous with the wait delays in programs, to make them seem more human), and using older accounts helps from what I've noticed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users