#1 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:15 PM

Posted Image

Introduction

What is the Atlas of the Ancients?
Neopia is in danger and it's up to Roxton A. Colchester III and his trusty companions to save the day... but they'll need your help to solve the mystery! The fate of Neopia hangs in the balance. If that weren't enough of an incentive to join the fight, you can also win prizes!

How do I participate?
If you'd like to participate, a good place to start is the comic! Follow Roxton's adventures and hunt for clues in the story. Then, set off on your own exploration of Neopia.

How do I win prizes?
It would ruin the fun if we told you exactly how to win, but we will say that you can earn prizes by solving the various plot puzzles. Just keep your eyes peeled and your wits about you, and you'll find the prizes.

Day One

Releases:
Steps To Complete:
  • Item - Ancient Map of Neopia - Click on the Map in the top-center panel of the third page of todays comic. NOTE: This is a physical item. Put it in your Safety Deposit Box!

Retrieving this will add an X over Shenkuu on your world map. (On the main AOTA page).

Day Two

Releases:
Steps To Complete:
  • Nothing seems to be available so far.

Day Three

Releases:
Steps To Complete:
  • Item - Wind Up Pocket Watch - Click on the final panel of Today's comic to be taken to the Hall of Heroes in Altador. When you're there, click on the top statue (of King Altador), and then work your way around the statues clockwise until the statue of Siyana gives you the item. Clicking straight onto that statue does not work. NOTE: This is a physical item. Put it in your Safety Deposit Box!

Retrieving this will add an X over Altador on your world map. (On the main AOTA page).

Day Four

Releases:
Steps To Complete:

Day Five

Releases:
  • Comic - Chapter Five
  • Two Quest Log entries (see steps below)
Steps To Complete:
  • Item - Build Your Own Flying Ship - Click on the final panel of Today's comic to be taken to the Cloud Raiders game page. Score over 1000 points in this (terrible) game to recieve the item. NOTE: This is a physical item. Put it in your Safety Deposit Box!
  • Item - Shiny Mechanical Faerie Fountain - Click on the fourth panel of Today's comic. It's the one that shows the golden statue moving, when you hover over it. NOTE: This is a physical item. Put it in your Safety Deposit Box!

Retrieving both of these will add an X over Terror Mountain on your world map. (On the main AOTA page).

Day Six

Releases:
  • Comic - Chapter Six
  • One Quest Log entry (see steps below)
Steps To Complete:

Day Seven

Releases:
Steps To Complete:
  • Item - Steam Horn - Click on the horn in the seventh panel of Today's comic to recieve the item. NOTE: This is a physical item. Put it in your Safety Deposit Box!
  • Item - Sparkling Icy Winterscape - Click on the final panel of Today's comic to be taken to the Clara on Ice game page. Score 1000+ points to recieve the item. NOTE: This is a physical item. Put it in your Safety Deposit Box!

Day Eight

Releases:
Steps To Complete:

Continued below...

#2 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:33 PM

Day Nine

Releases:
Steps To Complete:
  • Item - Mechanical Molla Flower - Click on the flower/key in the ninth panel of Today's comic to recieve the item. NOTE: This is a physical item. Put it in your Safety Deposit Box!
  • Item - Deployed Parachute - Click on the final panel of Today's comic to be taken to the Cave Glider game page. Score 2500+ points to recieve the item. NOTE: This is a physical item. Put it in your Safety Deposit Box!

Day Ten

Releases:
  • Comic - Chapter Ten
  • Two Quest Log entries (see steps below)
Steps To Complete:
  • Item - Silver Gear Table - Click on the second-to-last panel of Today's comic to be taken to the Clockwork Codebreaker game page. Score 500+ points to recieve the item. NOTE: This is a physical item. Put it in your Safety Deposit Box!
  • Item - Charred Steam Wings - Click on the final panel of Today's comic to be taken to the Moltara Run game page. Score 350+ points to recieve the item. NOTE: This is a physical item. Put it in your Safety Deposit Box!

#3 unigirl

unigirl
  • 513 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:42 PM

*is scared* but counting on teamwork too :)

#4 Frogg

Frogg
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:51 PM

Watch TNT make millions through NC ;)

#5 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:53 PM

This is great Joe please keep it up. I've moved this forum to the plot tracking forum. Hopefully JC can do that commentary tracking as we go along. And you can keep the guide up to date. This will be awesome. Thanks again man.

#6 Waterloo

Waterloo
  • 388 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:08 PM

Oh yes! Awesome stuff! I'll make sure to check back here often.. and help out too if I can! :)

#7 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:24 PM

Hey joe can you add images please. That would make it even easier :)

Edit: Oh I figured it out. Here maybe you can add these pictures if you can't do it again :)
Let's make this awesome :)

Edit: ok made you guys a folder and did the first two images found it after a little bit of work :p
http://www.neocodex....s/day1_pic1.png
http://www.neocodex....s/day1_pic2.png

#8 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:25 PM

*sigh* I really hope this "plot" picks up somewhere, I'd rather not have some mini-plot with a splash of NC Mall only content to keep us busy.

If it does though, I at least hope the story is good. <_<

#9 akira4444

akira4444
  • 215 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:57 AM

I think that it's obvious TNT are losing money, hence the constant requirement of NC Mall in plots. This plot feels rather interesting, has the same sort of flow as my random fan fictions, so I'll definately be keeping an eye out and their artwork looks fun.

#10 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:02 AM

Good News. I'm pushing the AutoTrainer. First release will be a basic. Single pet(Your active one). And training island only. Will intelligently level, and have minimize to tray option. Works off the Inventory > SDB > Wiz method.

Hopefully this will allow the weak pets to get some heavy training in. Will have auto-login if you manually log in via the program. I cant log you back in if you import cookies. Sorry.

I will release multipet/other trainer's in the next release. Just want the people with crappy pets to get their pets up to a higher standard so they can compete in the plot.

#11 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:05 AM

Good News. I'm pushing the AutoTrainer. First release will be a basic. Single pet(Your active one). And training island only. Will intelligently level, and have minimize to tray option. Works off the Inventory > SDB > Wiz method.

Hopefully this will allow the weak pets to get some heavy training in. Will have auto-login if you manually log in via the program. I cant log you back in if you import cookies. Sorry.

I will release multipet/other trainer's in the next release. Just want the people with crappy pets to get their pets up to a higher standard so they can compete in the plot.

I love you.

#12 LittleOne

LittleOne
  • 153 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:09 AM

thankyou :)

#13 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:16 AM

I love you.

Lol.

#14 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:18 AM

Lol.

Well, I generally forget about my pet being trained, so I waste like 30 minutes-2 hours before I forget, which could be utilized for more training.

:D

#15 LittleOne

LittleOne
  • 153 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:12 AM

i havee some pics here of upcoming comic pages......wondered if anyone could see any clues!

http://s524.photobuc...nt=ef80a372.pbw

#16 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:29 AM

Argue screw intelli level just let the people decide their own training queue. And make it stop if it hits an error or if they check train level on level error. Keep it ez on yourself :p

#17 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:57 AM

Argue screw intelli level just let the people decide their own training queue. And make it stop if it hits an error or if they check train level on level error. Keep it ez on yourself :p

Intelli level has already been programed XD. Will ad an option to train agility also later on. Agility is pointless.

#18 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:06 AM

can't wait to see this plot develop.. hopefully there will be some nice loot.

#19 LittleOne

LittleOne
  • 153 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:17 AM

can't wait to see this plot develop.. hopefully there will be some nice loot.

take a look at the pictures of the upcoming comic pages......sure there a clue there somewhere

http://s524.photobuc...nt=ef80a372.pbw

link to all pics (previous link was to slideshow!!!)

http://s524.photobuc...brighouse/aota/

#20 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2009 - 11:58 AM

Okaies. The program trains pets, pay for the course, and waits until it finishes. Now I just gotta do a bit more testing XD

#21 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:14 PM

Okaies. The program trains pets, pay for the course, and waits until it finishes. Now I just gotta do a bit more testing XD

Legend.

#22 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:19 PM

Legend.

Get on IRC. I'll use you for Beta Testing (JCR is sleeping)

#23 Waterloo

Waterloo
  • 388 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:38 PM

This sounds incredible. :D

#24 Electromanio

Electromanio
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:22 PM

Hopefully this is a good plot to start out with, never did one of these before. Still pretty excited though =D

#25 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:41 PM

oh I'm so happy to find a thread like this here, thank you soooooooooo much! I'm really afraid of this new plot, because I always have lots of problems to solve the puzzles and so on... well, the autotrainer also sounds veeeery nice!!

Back to Atlas of the Ancients

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users