Photo

Why Did You Choose Your Username?

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#76 alakazam

alakazam
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:39 PM

I mainly chose my username because it is a name of a pokemon. Yeah, I know, failure.

#77 TidalTempest

TidalTempest
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:10 PM

Because it's awesome xD. Plain and Simple. Well, Sora is my favorite Kingdom Hearts character and I thought the i would add more emphasis to the name. Idk..It's just cool lolz

#78 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:05 PM

oooooohh,,thats where xwee came from..whenever I see your username,I think its great.

I honestly don't know what to say to that other than thanks ^-^

#79 TidalTempest

TidalTempest
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:07 PM

I honestly don't know what to say to that other than thanks ^-^

hehe.. Xweeee~ :x3:

#80 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:08 PM

That's pretty cool /goes to google anagram solver

Puzzle not solved. Try again later.

#81 Gen

Gen
  • Ye old gen

• 1871 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:17 PM

Puzzle not solved. Try again later.

I lol'ed @thispost

Hmmm, it all started when I was with my friends some years ago talking and making fun of an unexisting fighting style. Not knowing a good name for it we went for one of their orkuts, and the religion was set as "Cao Dai". So we made fun of that too, and called it the "Cao Dai Generation". When registering here I just thought about some names and caodaigeneration sounded good at the time. One day I just took the caodai and turned in a 1337 name .-. , then it became G3N3R4T10N.
My codex friends used to call me Gen, so hmmm, when I returned last month I just changed to Gen o.o ; Thinking about changing name again. This time to Avantgard... (Which comes from Avantgarde, meaning Vanguard); Long story on that name thought. I'll explain in the next topic about this lol (Everytime I come back there's at last one of these)

#82 Lilithia

Lilithia
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:25 AM

Chose mine cos it was my username from an old gaming platform...
And back then, I chose it because it was the name of a painting by my (then) favorite artist. XD

#83 Typhoon

Typhoon
  • 4133 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 01:58 PM

I went through a phase of having car brands as usernames on the Playstation UK forums and got fed up of them... Typhoon was the brand of wireless keyboard/mouse I was using at the time and it kinda stuck for a few years

#84 phalkon

phalkon
  • 2399 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:02 PM

as a few of the older users here will remember, i used to go by "murderkill", which was a song one of my previous bands (Crimson Scorch) did around 2005 (another back story on that for another day). also, as "murderkill', i posted almost entirely in 3rd person, and became a cheaply made posting program. i went through various versions (2.0, 2.1, 3.0, etc...)(which also became popular for a short time around the board. i remember someone was ver13.37 :p), and even had an event log as my sig.

currently, my username is now the same as my stage name (went solo for a while, but now back in a band... with which i still call myself "phalkon"), which is a take on my favorite bird (the falcon), using the spelling technique of a previous stage name of mine (phantom Klaatu).

#85 Josh

Josh
  • 318 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:22 PM

Well, my original username as some know was AliasXNeo. How I came up with it? Well, I was like 13 at the time and I believe I liked both the usernames Alias and Neo and so I threw in an X in the middle and called it good :p And yes, Neo comes from The Matrix which was and still is one of my most favored movies. Alias as a username obviously is a bit contradictory, but that's why I liked it :p

#86 Gen

Gen
  • Ye old gen

• 1871 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:59 PM

as a few of the older users here will remember, i used to go by "murderkill", which was a song one of my previous bands (Crimson Scorch) did around 2005 (another back story on that for another day). also, as "murderkill', i posted almost entirely in 3rd person, and became a cheaply made posting program. i went through various versions (2.0, 2.1, 3.0, etc...)(which also became popular for a short time around the board. i remember someone was ver13.37 :p), and even had an event log as my sig.

currently, my username is now the same as my stage name (went solo for a while, but now back in a band... with which i still call myself "phalkon"), which is a take on my favorite bird (the falcon), using the spelling technique of a previous stage name of mine (phantom Klaatu).

Woot, are you murderkill, the one who had versions and stuff like that? lol

#87 phalkon

phalkon
  • 2399 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:33 PM

Woot, are you murderkill, the one who had versions and stuff like that? lol

i am the same.

and what's even funnier? i kept the program log for just such an occasion!!

to view complete log, click spoiler.
Spoiler

update: downloaded and installed murderkill master program. upgrade includes new avatar and upgrade to interface

#88 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:58 PM

it was easy..thats all..

btw my uncle owns a red lion pub in london..hehe weird.

#89 coolhan180

coolhan180
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:31 PM

I was young and dumb. End of story.

#90 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:35 PM

I was young and dumb. End of story.

Since you joined a few days ago, that means you suddenly become older and smarter in a very small time period?

This is about your username for here, and not Neopets, if you didn't already realize it.

#91 GeorgeBright

GeorgeBright
  • 503 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:04 PM

My stepfather used to work with a guy named George Bright, and it was kind of a weird joke to call random people we saw George Bright.
So I have assumed the alias.

#92 MaestroOD

MaestroOD
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:53 PM

I thought Maestro was an awesome name, even though I have the musical talent of a grapefruit. Problem was, it was always take. I was like 12, so adding 'of Darkness' was the most sensible thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users