The Official "Blue Links" Neopets Discussion Topic

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#26 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2010 - 06:26 PM

So far, nothing here is relevant nor helpful. It's pure chit chat.

#27 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2010 - 06:32 PM

Posted Image

#28 val

val
  • 180 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 06:35 PM

Posted Image

well, if i'm reading correctly, this topic falls into the forum description. i apologize you don't find relating to the neocodex community helpful, but unfortunately the forum does not revolve around your subjective judgement. i think we area all aware speaking with neocodex members is A LOT better than trying to decipher anything written on the neoboards. and anyway, i took a visit to the chit-chat board and things being talked about were trips to london and marijuana. i feel i'd best reach my target audience here. if you don't like it, please don't post here. you're detracting from the overall purpose of this thread. this stupid argument is the only thing making this topic "spammy".

Attached Files

• Attached File  HMMM.png   17.41KB   3 downloads

Edited by val, 27 March 2010 - 06:39 PM.

#29 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2010 - 06:46 PM

well, if i'm reading correctly, this topic falls into the forum description. i apologize you don't find relating to the neocodex community helpful, but unfortunately the forum does not revolve around your subjective judgement. i think we area all aware speaking with neocodex members is A LOT better than trying to decipher anything written on the neoboards. and anyway, i took a visit to the chit-chat board and things being talked about were trips to london and marijuana. i feel i'd best reach my target audience here. if you don't like it, please don't post here. you're detracting from the overall purpose of this thread. this stupid argument is the only thing making this topic "spammy".

I never said to go to the Neoboards, a lot of people here dislike it too, but if you just want random chatter REGARDLESS of what is about, then either take it to the IRC chat or take it to chit-chat.

The section descriptions are rather old and have not been updated in regards to different views due to the release of Abrosia and other programs with an Advanced Member only release, but even if you are "discussing" something here and it doesn't look like it's contributing to anything, then it's basically spam and frowned upon.

I'll say it again, random chatter is taken to the IRC, it is much more convenient and easier, and does not generate useless posts which are seen here.

#30 val

val
  • 180 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 06:59 PM

I never said to go to the Neoboards, a lot of people here dislike it too, but if you just want random chatter REGARDLESS of what is about, then either take it to the IRC chat or take it to chit-chat.

The section descriptions are rather old and have not been updated in regards to different views due to the release of Abrosia and other programs with an Advanced Member only release, but even if you are "discussing" something here and it doesn't look like it's contributing to anything, then it's basically spam and frowned upon.

I'll say it again, random chatter is taken to the IRC, it is much more convenient and easier, and does not generate useless posts which are seen here.

It is not my responsibility to speculate on how old or pertinent the board descriptions are. As far as I can tell, this type of discussion is encouraged. If not, the rules and descriptions should be updated accordingly. Surely if you gave this topic a chance, and not have derailed it within A FEW POSTS you would have found that there are all sorts of benefits to the camaraderie in condensing all types of discussion about NEOPETS in one concentrated thread.

As far as I can see, what you're saying is just an opinion. I've read the site rules and the board description and I am following them to the best of my ability. If you really feel so strongly about a harmless thread discussing NEOPETS on a forum about NEOPETS, please refer a moderator to this topic. I will not take anything you say seriously.

If you feel these posts are so useless you should try to play a game among friends (or even go out and make some! Posted Image) and you will see how the quality of your game experience improves. Or just move to another topic as your opinion is not wanted, nor needed.

Edited by val, 27 March 2010 - 07:05 PM.

#31 Tox

Tox
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:12 PM

Posted Image

#32 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:13 PM

Mmmm.

I love spam.

I made a spam sandwich yesterday.

I'm currently petitioning to have spam added as a food item to neopets.

#33 val

val
  • 180 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:15 PM

If there is a topic about Fast Food on this board, I think this thread has a rightful place here. Posted Image

In any case, Advert Attack is a terrible game! How in the heck will I get a score of 700?!

#34 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:15 PM

It is not my responsibility to speculate on how old or pertinent the board descriptions are. As far as I can tell, this type of discussion is encouraged. If not, the rules and descriptions should be updated accordingly. Surely if you gave this topic a chance, and not have derailed it within A FEW POSTS you would have found that there are all sorts of benefits to the camaraderie in condensing all types of discussion about NEOPETS in one concentrated thread.

As far as I can see, what you're saying is just an opinion. I've read the site rules and the board description and I am following them to the best of my ability. If you really feel so strongly about a harmless thread discussing NEOPETS on a forum about NEOPETS, please refer a moderator to this topic. I will not take anything you say seriously.

If you feel these posts are so useless you should try to play a game among friends (or even go out and make some! Posted Image) and you will see how the quality of your game experience improves. Or just move to another topic as your opinion is not wanted, nor needed.

If you wish to talk randomly on Neopets, we have a section for that.

http://www.neocodex.us/forum/ircChat/

As for this topic, this isnt what the Neopets section is about. This is about acheievement/goals/news/questions. Its not for an open topic, post whatever we want section.

#35 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:16 PM

Surely if you gave this topic a chance, and not have derailed it within A FEW POSTS you would have found that there are all sorts of benefits to the camaraderie of condensing all types of discussion about NEOPETS in one concentrated thread.

Derailed in three posts? I counted 13 posts before I even said anything and the replies that came before me just look like random discussion and contributes to nothing. Seriously, how many times do I have to say we have the IRC for that main reason, for random chatter.

Cool story, brah, say what you will, but this is still a useless topic, there is no discussion here that contributes to others, or is even midly entertaining, and this is more a forum about Neopets Programs and Cheats and not about Neopets itself, if you really want to chat about Neopets, go to the Neoboards or a Neopets related fan site like Jellyneo to discuss your precious game.

If you feel these posts are so useless you should try to play a game among friends (or even go out and make some! Posted Image) and you will see how the quality of your game experience improves. Or just move to another topic as your opinion is not wanted, or needed.

See, a personal attack like that is not called for, I said nothing bad about you as a person, and I won't at all because I'll just go down to your level, hell, if you just agreed to take it to chit-chat instead of being stubborn about it, then there wouldn't be any of this going on, this is just random chatter if you think so or not, and people can see it as a beacon for spam to talk about their "adventures" around Neopets just to get closer to 500 posts and a better Abrosia.

#36 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:18 PM

If there is a topic about Fast Food on this board, I think this thread has a rightful place here. Posted Image

In any case, Advert Attack is a terrible game! How in the heck will I get a score of 700?!

1)The Fast Food Topic is in the right section. This is not.
2)Score Sender.

I will not take anything you say seriously.

Will you take what I say seriously?

#37 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:19 PM

Random Event: A Ghost comes out of the ground and says '<b>BOO</b>'

ugh
what is this shit

#38 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:21 PM

Random Event: A Ghost comes out of the ground and says '<b>BOO</b>'

ugh
what is this shit

That belongs in this section

http://www.neocodex....d-and-the-ugly/

???

#39 val

val
  • 180 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:26 PM

Derailed in three posts? I counted 13 posts before I even said anything and the replies that came before me just look like random discussion and contributes to nothing. Seriously, how many times do I have to say we have the IRC for that main reason, for random chatter.

Cool story, brah, say what you will, but this is still a useless topic, there is no discussion here that contributes to others, or is even midly entertaining, and this is more a forum about Neopets Programs and Cheats and not about Neopets itself, if you really want to chat about Neopets, go to the Neoboards or a Neopets related fan site like Jellyneo to discuss your precious game.

See, a personal attack like that is not called for, I said nothing bad about you as a person, and I won't at all because I'll just go down to your level, hell, if you just agreed to take it to chit-chat instead of being stubborn about it, then there wouldn't be any of this going on, this is just random chatter if you think so or not, and people can see it as a beacon for spam to talk about their "adventures" around Neopets just to get closer to 500 posts and a better Abrosia.

First off, I didn't personally attack you. I don't even know you. It's an internet forum. If you're referring to my sarcastic comment, it's just that sarcasm. Like I said, whatever you find useful or entertaining is subjective. There are plenty of topics that discuss things that aren't pertinent to game play or personally useful. I don't use abrosia, or the score sender or whatever. I was referred to make a topic and innocently made one following the guidelines specified on the main page. I didn't know I would be accosted so harshly. If this is the type of discussion that is frowned upon as you say, it should made clearer. And not in the form of you coming into my topics and derailing them. There shouldn't have been a spectacle made when all I was trying to do was to the benefit of the community.

1)The Fast Food Topic is in the right section. This is not.
2)Score Sender.

From what I see that topic is on the same board as the one I posted this one in.

I considered using Score Sender but I just bought 500 NC and I don't wanna get freezed :(

#40 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:30 PM

From what I see that topic is on the same board as the one I posted this one in.

Excuse me?

The Fast Food Topic is in
http://www.neocodex....general-debate/

You posted this is in
http://www.neocodex....t-general-chat/

The Fast Food Topic contains a debate over what the best fast food is, and is in the appropriate section.

Your topic is a "Post anything neopets related" which belongs in the Chit Chat section (Aka. Post Anything section)

#41 val

val
  • 180 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:31 PM

http://www.neocodex....rite-fast-food/

As far as I could tell, the description under the board I posted in said "post anything neopets related", the rules could have very well changed since then. I am new to posting so I didn't know this. It was an innocent mistake, that anyone else in my position could have made. Kay thanks.

Edited by val, 27 March 2010 - 07:36 PM.

#42 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:33 PM

http://www.neocodex....rite-fast-food/

That is posted in the wrong section, and has already been pointed out by around 20 members. Obviously its in the wrong section. Did you read the topic? Every post says "This is in the wrong section".

That makes it in the wrong section. Just like what we have posted here.

#43 val

val
  • 180 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:40 PM

That is posted in the wrong section, and has already been pointed out by around 20 members. Obviously its in the wrong section. Did you read the topic? Every post says "This is in the wrong section".

That makes it in the wrong section. Just like what we have posted here.

I certainly did read the topic. Did you? Only one person points out it is in the wrong section and the rest of the posts are people sharing their preferences. Like I said. I made this topic in accordance to the board descriptions. I am new to posting and assumed they were actualized and I had a right to post in it.

#44 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:42 PM

First off, I didn't personally attack you. I don't even know you. It's an internet forum. If you're referring to my sarcastic comment, it's just that sarcasm. Like I said, whatever you find useful or entertaining is subjective. There are plenty of topics that discuss things that aren't pertinent to game play or personally useful. I don't use abrosia, or the score sender or whatever. I was referred to make a topic and innocently made one following the guidelines specified on the main page. I didn't know I would be accosted so harshly. If this is the type of discussion that is frowned upon as you say, it should made clearer. And not in the form of you coming into my topics and derailing them. There shouldn't have been a spectacle made when all I was trying to do was to the benefit of the community.

A lot of those topics also don't last very long and are generally forgotten if they are do not raise a good discussion like the Festival of Neggs does. Also, it's great that YOU don't use the programs, but a lot of other people do, and WILL do something like spam a topic like this if it gets them closer to 500 posts faster, it has been done before and I have seen it all happen, so don't think that just because you won't use anything that everything is automatically fine. Besides, there was not much to derail when people started posting random stuff, and there are other threads created already for some of the stuff people posted, which means it doesn't even belong in this thread.

Person messed up and posted it in the wrong section.

I considered using Score Sender but I just bought 500 NC and I don't wanna get freezed :(

Why do you think you'll be frozen for using it? Do it right and you won't get caught. Paranoid much?

#45 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:44 PM

I certainly did read the topic. Did you? Only one person points out it is in the wrong section and the rest of the posts are people sharing their preferences. Like I said. I made this topic in accordance to the board descriptions. I am new to posting and assumed they were actualized and I had a right to post in it.

I dont like you anymore.

Just keep telling me that I am wrong. Thats going to make me happy.

#46 ZaCkDiZzLe

ZaCkDiZzLe
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:48 PM

OMG i <33 taco bell fire sauce and neopoints!!!!111oneoneone

#47 srtm

srtm
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:48 PM

Don't hijack this topic.

#48 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:49 PM

Don't hijack this topic.

Dont tell me what to do?

#49 val

val
  • 180 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:50 PM

I dont like you anymore.

Just keep telling me that I am wrong. Thats going to make me happy.

It's unfortunate you don't like me. This was supposed to be a happy topic! I'm just stating what I read and thought. I've said this a hundred times, but i thought this topic was in the right place from what it says on the description. I'm not telepathic!! And if it's supposed to be moved then let it be moved. All I want to do is talk about how striped kacheeks are awesome.

#50 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:54 PM

Lots of pretend moderators in this topic ;)

Just sayin'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users