Bacon

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#76 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:06 PM

I just know it's good and I can get it for like $3 for a 5lb box... so your in the lead :)

Yay!!!

Lol but alas.....i kno there is someone among us who is the real bacon leader....JCR....he know anything worth knowing about bacon

#77 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:10 PM

Yay!!!

Lol but alas.....i kno there is someone among us who is the real bacon leader....JCR....he know anything worth knowing about bacon

Haha, lets go ask him, I bet he can tell what kind of pig it came from just by looking at the pics.:p

#78 bigtymerz05

bigtymerz05
  • 475 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:42 PM

I just ate smoked bacon this morning haha

#79 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:25 PM

I just ate smoked bacon this morning haha

Supper is going to be spagethi with bacon bits :D. If only I had the money for pizza.. wait.. i think i do.. shame my cars broke down adn the only way to get it is to buy four of them so that I can have two slices...

#80 bigtymerz05

bigtymerz05
  • 475 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:08 PM

Supper is going to be spagethi with bacon bits :D. If only I had the money for pizza.. wait.. i think i do.. shame my cars broke down adn the only way to get it is to buy four of them so that I can have two slices...

That sounds really good you cooking? Sorry about your car.

#81 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:16 PM

That sounds really good you cooking? Sorry about your car.

Always, I'm the head chef in this house and sometimes I like to experiment (but only if it sounds good).

Another creation of mine is.. take a plain bagel and put some velveta cheese on it. Now you have two options. One is to just warm it up which tastes like a carnival pretzel (you know, the ones that come with nacho cheese) or to cook it thouroughly until the bagel is crisp. That is uncomparable but both are delicious.

#82 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:22 PM

bacon bits on my chicken salad =D

#83 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:28 PM

bacon bits on my chicken salad =D

ooh! Try that with either Ittalian dressing or thousand Island dressing.(thousand island is good :drool: I can eat it plain..)

#84 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:32 PM

ooh! Try that with either Ittalian dressing or thousand Island dressing.(thousand island is good :drool: I can eat it plain..)

haha wow..Right now its just ranch and creamy ceasar..but id' have to try thousand island.

#85 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:02 PM

haha wow..Right now its just ranch and creamy ceasar..but id' have to try thousand island.

When I first tried it I would find things to eat with it, cucumbers, crackers.. etc.

#86 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:43 AM

Am I the only one that doesn't love bacon? I mean, besides the Hebrews.

Buddhist vegetarian here. I don't even like most meat, besides some good fish. Bacon comes from the same animal as ham, which is full of parasites. I don't know how people eat ham after they've seen it cooked. You can watch the maggots and carrion crawlers come out of the flesh. Disgusting.

Nope, none of that for me. My animal flesh will be salt water fish, so at least their parasites can't survive in my fresh water body. La gastronomie de la mer, with all the scallops and shrimp you can eat.

#87 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:12 AM

You can watch the maggots and carrion crawlers come out of the flesh. Disgusting.

Is that what gives it that delicious hammy flavor?

Nope, none of that for me. My animal flesh will be salt water fish, so at least their parasites can't survive in my fresh water body. La gastronomie de la mer, with all the scallops and shrimp you can eat.

Mmm, now I'm really getting hungry. But I warn you, shrimp makes me toot like a clown car.

#88 Tox

Tox
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:18 AM

mmmmm... i wouldnt mind having some bacon right now. it sounds so good.

#89 phalkon

phalkon
  • 2399 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:42 PM

i'm a man, therefore i have an inherent craving for bacon at all times.

#90 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:12 PM

i'm a man, therefore i have an inherent craving for bacon at all times.

Well doesn't everyone? I mean, its so delicious... :/

#91 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:22 PM

God you all are soooooooo vanilla boring (except for Sweeney's post that looked awesome!)..bacon for breakfast, bacon on pizzas BORING..

Mo's Milk Chocolate Bacon Bar Chocolate + Bacon = YUMMY
McPhee's Bacon Store - Bacon Gumballs, Bacon Mints..
Bacon Cupcakes - yes I made them and yes they are full of awesome

Last but not least Voodoo Donuts' Bacon Donut:

Posted Image

#92 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:22 PM

God you all are soooooooo vanilla boring (except for Sweeney's post that looked awesome!)..bacon for breakfast, bacon on pizzas BORING..

Mo's Milk Chocolate Bacon Bar Chocolate + Bacon = YUMMY
McPhee's Bacon Store - Bacon Gumballs, Bacon Mints..
Bacon Cupcakes - yes I made them and yes they are full of awesome

Last but not least Voodoo Donuts' Bacon Donut:

Posted Image

Bacon is great and all, and maybe it's because I just ate, but that donut looks fucking gross :(

#93 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:25 PM

I need to try voodos..but come on a donut..

Bacon Xplosion is better =D

Alas, I had an omlette and hash browns but no bacon for the morning..i was sad.

#94 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:04 AM

Chobitz gave me diarrhea just by looking at that picture.

#95 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:09 AM

Chobitz gave me diarrhea just by looking at that picture.

LOL maybe men can't understand salt and sweet combo? Chocolate with bacon like the candy bar I linked to is out of this world. Trust me on that..

#96 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:23 AM

LOL maybe men can't understand salt and sweet combo? Chocolate with bacon like the candy bar I linked to is out of this world. Trust me on that..

I trust you. I get the salt and sweet. I eat french fries with my Dairy Queen blizzards and it's delish. It's just the chocolate on that donut prolly looks the same coming out as it does going in... if you catch my drift. ;)

#97 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:46 AM

I trust you. I get the salt and sweet. I eat french fries with my Dairy Queen blizzards and it's delish. It's just the chocolate on that donut prolly looks the same coming out as it does going in... if you catch my drift. Posted Image

Yeah LOL I get it. Its why I can't eat split pea soup.

But thats actually a maple cream icing on the donut. Like the cupcake recipe I posted its all maple syrup + bacon goodness yummy!

#98 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:06 PM

Yeah LOL I get it. Its why I can't eat split pea soup.

But thats actually a maple cream icing on the donut. Like the cupcake recipe I posted its all maple syrup + bacon goodness yummy!

Bacon and maple does go pretty good together but then again I am basing this from maple syrup, which is also good on sausages..

#99 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:51 PM

Is that legal? That sounds too good to be true.

You've never had bacon pizza?!?!? Iprobably have that twice a month!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users