[Guide] How to Inflate the Price of Item

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#51 DragonX

DragonX
  • 455 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:12 PM

Hell if I know Posted Image

Since I started, I've pulled all of my stuff off the market, and I've just been periodically checking the market. It's been settling down pretty quickly, mostly due to people flooding the market (since I put my price up, about twenty new ones were posted; everyone's looking for a quick buck). I'm just playing the waiting game. Worst case scenario, I've found some place to invest the money I make from RSing. Best case, I make some cash off it.

(yes, I know the real worst case is my account getting frozen. I'm not going to consider that a possibility)

Have the items that you invested in deflated due to the attic thing? A lot of mine has :(.

(yes, I know the real worst case is my account getting frozen. I'm not going to consider that a possibility)
^
I try not to think of that when I AB :p.

#52 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:45 PM

Get frozen. Its a liberating feeling to know that you have nothing to lose as you start on another account.

#53 DragonX

DragonX
  • 455 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:50 PM

Get frozen. Its a liberating feeling to know that you have nothing to lose as you start on another account.

I guess that's another perspective :p

#54 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:01 PM

Sage advice :thumbsup:

#55 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:52 AM

Nice. TNT doesn't regulate concentrations of items in SDBs when searching for people who hoard and inflate :o?

Really? then Im jamming all of my items into the SDB the moment I start Hoarding.

#56 DragonX

DragonX
  • 455 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:22 AM

Really? then Im jamming all of my items into the SDB the moment I start Hoarding.

I've never done it before so I don't know for sure :p.
Seems that that's how people are doing it though....

#57 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:42 AM

I've never done it before so I don't know for sure :p.
Seems that that's how people are doing it though....

well, if you really think about it, it makes more sense then putting it all in a gallery. Then the items dont appear at all when searched, so others don't know how many you are holding. In fact they wont know that your hoarding anything if you keep it in your SDB.

#58 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:21 AM

Have the items that you invested in deflated due to the attic thing? A lot of mine has :(.

^
I try not to think of that when I AB :p.

The items I'm investing in are basically retired. Again, it's mostly for fun, but the item I've chosen should at least hold their value, if not increase over time.

#59 DragonX

DragonX
  • 455 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:46 AM

The items I'm investing in are basically retired. Again, it's mostly for fun, but the item I've chosen should at least hold their value, if not increase over time.

Nice :thumbsup:

#60 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:11 AM

yeah, retired items are bound to increase, no matter how you look at. Its just that some Retired items increase faster then others. Retired books will increase in price over time a lot faster then say retired plushies, which might take forever to increase in price.

#61 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:34 PM

If you are going to inflate right now, try to avoid anything with a rarity under 101 because the Attic is going to deflate prices for R100 and under.

#62 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:39 PM

If you are going to inflate right now, try to avoid anything with a rarity under 101 because the Attic is going to deflate prices for R100 and under.

Add this to the OP? This is definitely a good thing to keep in mind, maybe put this under the "can be inflated" thing, noting that the market can potentially be flooded by any of these items ;)

#63 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:16 AM

yeah, retired items are bound to increase, no matter how you look at. Its just that some Retired items increase faster then others. Retired books will increase in price over time a lot faster then say retired plushies, which might take forever to increase in price.

he's right. plushies are a fail. Ive been playing with one for months and it is only worth double what it was..which isn't much. I have over 5000 of them though :)

#64 DragonX

DragonX
  • 455 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:44 AM

I'm thinking of hoarding Relic paint brushes.. I found some sellers for 9m (8m below TP price). Do you guys think its worth it?

Someone want to hoard with me :p?

Edited by Ken, 23 May 2010 - 09:47 AM.

#65 Jake2

Jake2
  • 1185 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:54 AM

he's right. plushies are a fail. Ive been playing with one for months and it is only worth double what it was..which isn't much. I have over 5000 of them though :)

donkey.

#66 Hackzorz

Hackzorz
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:23 PM

need to make sure i'm clear on this,so,i just get a lot of a fairly valuable item,and try jacking up the price.that nice.i could make profit.

#67 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:41 PM

need to make sure i'm clear on this,so,i just get a lot of a fairly valuable item,and try jacking up the price.that nice.i could make profit.

That's about the gyst of it, although it may be slightly oversimplified. It's fairly well laid out in the opening post.

#68 devil669988

devil669988
  • 355 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:19 PM

So is there a list for all retired items specifically books?

#69 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:32 PM

So is there a list for all retired items specifically books?

Check the Item Database. It's not too hard to filter your search; look for rarity 180.

#70 devil669988

devil669988
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:01 AM

Ah i see so its the rairty 180 and above the ones that are retired

#71 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:53 PM

Ah i see so its the rairty 180 and above the ones that are retired

No, just 180. 200 and 250 are "artifacts"

#72 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:32 PM

I believe now the Mystery Island Aishas Stamp can be very very easily inflated. Cheap + Retired :thumbsup:

#73 wtfints

wtfints
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:03 PM

step 2 is wait long long.

#74 Abrar

Abrar
  • 157 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:45 AM

i never knew people actually bothered to do this O_o
i knew it was possible
but never see people actually doing it $:

#75 Celestial

Celestial
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:44 AM

what he forgot to mention is that it is better to select an item to inflate that is oh higher rarity. Something like an r98 is ideal for this type of inflating also i've successfully done this with seasonal items. I try to choose items that look like they could easily be on the market and do that. Give it a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users