Quantcast

Photo

Should a bicycle helmet be a personel choice ?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#51 xBlack420

xBlack420
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:03 PM

I support natural selection. If you don't want to wear a helmet and it causes your own death, it's your fault.

Force the kids to wear them until 18. After that, it's their own choice.

Ahh! My thoughts have already been posted :o

#52 iloveorange

iloveorange
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:50 PM

Yes, absolutely. If you want to take the risk of getting hurt it should be your choice, as should doing drugs but thats a whole other topic.

#53 wtfints

wtfints
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:45 AM

depends. if you ride on the road, i think you should.

#54 InsertRandomNameHere

InsertRandomNameHere
  • 340 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:48 AM

depends. if you ride on the road, i think you should.

i think it should be a personal choice whether to wear it.

#55 sushiholic

sushiholic
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:53 AM

I think it should be a law for those under 16 to wear a helmet when riding a bike. If you're an adult and still think it makes you look badass to go without a helmet, by all means, go for it and good luck.

#56 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:05 AM

I've experienced brain bleeding before (came very close to needing brain surgery) in a skateboard accident that could have been prevented if I had been wearing a helmet, regardless I don't think we need a safety police telling us what we can and can't do to ourselves.

#57 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:06 AM

I understand why it can be 'illegal' because there's a lot of idiots out there who get hurt and don't use a helmet. However the people who don't wear a helmet usually deserve it. Use your noggin or else you'll damage it further. D:

#58 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:47 AM

Even with helmet, the chance of suffering from head injuries is still very high. So if people go without helmet, they are basically courting death.

Edited by flashraven, 13 September 2010 - 09:47 AM.

#59 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 03:23 PM

Depends. A person could easily try to sue someone if they fell off on their land, so I think if you're riding at a camp ground or anything like that it should be enforced to wear a helmet or sign a waver. Other than that, it is your choice. It's like riding horses. I would go crazy if I had to wear a helmet every time I rode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users