• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2010 - 12:24 PM

SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE - Sunday, August 15, 2010

All Neocodex services except for the forum will be offline starting at 1:00am PST, August 15th and will persist until 10:00am PST on August 16th (so that is a 33 hour downtime).

The following will NOT work:
Programs login (CodexChex)
Downloads System
Items Database Frontend on the forum
NeoLogs, NeoAlerts, Neo-anything
Any other custom stuff

What WILL work:
Programs if you log into them beforehand (even Abrosia, the ItemDB API will still be online)
The barebones Forum

The reason that we are doing this is that we need to determine what is using so much CPU on the server, and we want to rule out our custom modifications and any of our custom services. We have narrowed it down to something in the forum, that much is certain. Unfortunately, server CPU usage reports are done on a 24 hour period marked at 7 am, and none of us are free to do maintenance at that time, so we're starting early tomorrow morning (1 am), and then bringing things back online when we're around the following day (10 am).

If you want to run programs in this time, PLEASE PRE-AUTHENTICATE THEM by loading the program, signing into the codexchex, and then leaving the copy open on your computer until you want to use it.
Do this for all the ones you want to run in that time, because if the program closes you won't be able to re-authenticate until the site is fully up again.

Again, we will compensate those who purchased an Advanced Membership fairly for this inconvenience.

Once we figure out what is using the CPU, perhaps the 500 internal server error bugs will also stop.

~ Neocodex Administration

#2 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2010 - 12:34 PM

Thanks for the heads up. *opens Abrosia*

#3 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2010 - 12:45 PM

PST = GMT+8

So for people in the UK it will be 9am Sunday August 15th untill 6pm Monday August 16th

Just thought id post this as it took me a while to work it out lol :)

#4 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2010 - 12:55 PM

Probably a good time to take a break from AB'ing :p

#5 xToxic

xToxic
  • 349 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 01:02 PM

PST = GMT+8

So for people in the UK it will be 9am Sunday August 15th untill 6pm Monday August 16th
Just thought id post this as it took me a while to work it out lol :)

Thanks hun! saved me figuring it out (:
+1

Ill be leaving ABrosia on all night then!

#6 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:18 PM

Thanks hun! saved me figuring it out (:
+1

Ill be leaving ABrosia on all night then!

Just be sure to use the scheduler so it's not ABing all night. That would be bad. :p

#7 Abigail

Abigail
  • 329 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:22 PM

I'm not a genius, but does that mean the kad feeder might be fixed as well? *crosses fingers*

#8 xToxic

xToxic
  • 349 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:23 PM

Just be sure to use the scheduler so it's not ABing all night. That would be bad. :p

Yeah; Id come back to millions of neopoints for all of 5 minutes then id be off to ice land (: Think ill set it all up now before i go and forget!

#9 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:26 PM

I'm not a genius, but does that mean the kad feeder might be fixed as well? *crosses fingers*

Not right away. :(

#10 Abigail

Abigail
  • 329 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:32 PM

Yeah; Id come back to millions of neopoints for all of 5 minutes then id be off to ice land (: Think ill set it all up now before i go and forget!

Is the AB safe to use? 0% freeze rate if used correctly and safely? I'm afraid to use any other autobuyer besides that greasemonkey one...

#11 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:43 PM

Is the AB safe to use? 0% freeze rate if used correctly and safely? I'm afraid to use any other autobuyer besides that greasemonkey one...

There's no such thing as "correctly and safely". There's only "as correct and safe as we know so far". :p

#12 EmperoR

EmperoR
  • 170 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:57 PM

I barely use AB since the items I bought are still in the shop. (no customer)
Guess I will need to launch a "Roll Back" event for my shop.

Are you guy working overnight? You said that you would start at 1 am while the report was out at 7 am.

#13 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:27 PM

I barely use AB since the items I bought are still in the shop. (no customer)
Guess I will need to launch a "Roll Back" event for my shop.

Are you guy working overnight? You said that you would start at 1 am while the report was out at 7 am.

Nah, we'll prepare everything this evening, then at 1am we'll just make the switch and go to bed. Then while we're sleeping, at 7am the CPU thing will start recording. :p

#14 Invisuality

Invisuality
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:41 PM

hmm i do this often.. with a couple accounts, and just switch when RS banned =/ but i also remote into other comps on different ips.. maybe that helps heh

but thanks for info, glad i read this, or who knows what would have gone through my head when i came to post and the site was down.. knowing me ha

#15 EmperoR

EmperoR
  • 170 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:44 PM

Nah, we'll prepare everything this evening, then at 1am we'll just make the switch and go to bed. Then while we're sleeping, at 7am the CPU thing will start recording. :p

I see. 1 AM is a good time to sleep. I usually wake up at 7 AM (even during weekend), which is weird.
Anyway, good luck fixing it.

#16 Abigail

Abigail
  • 329 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:40 PM

Come on SL, you've been in this game long enough to know things with Neo are NEVER safe, even as we know it so far :p

You can be a merry little legit player only have ever opened Neopets with your browser, only ever used 1 account, been around for a while and managed to snag a few good items compared to your general bad ones, and still manage a good old icing.

Neopets is basically a gamble, cheating the game just allows you to get rich and enjoy 'life' before you're eventually iced faster :p

Nice way to put it. :D
I got frozen for cheating on flash games before I even started actually cheating :o

#17 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2010 - 09:26 PM

Nice way to put it. :D
I got frozen for cheating on flash games before I even started actually cheating :o

Did they make you a cheater? :p

#18 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:03 AM

We've officially switched over to the fresh installation. 33 hours and counting until we're done our tests!

#19 Xerous

Xerous
  • 184 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:31 AM

darn and here i thought i'd get to AB on my b-day oh well.

#20 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:32 AM

darn and here i thought i'd get to AB on my b-day oh well.

Well I repeated for the last two hours that whoever wanted to run programs during the downtime should log into the program before the downtime so they could use it later. :/

#21 CyberMew

CyberMew
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:57 AM

saw this thread too late... no wonder i tried to use it 5hours ago i had the program check error

i guess abing today shall be a little easier for those who are already logged in

and pst is not gmt +8, but gmt -8

#22 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:26 AM

Oh shoot.
Too late, ohhhh welll.
But even if I did sign in, i'm still RS banned. BAH.

Edited by oreo12, 15 August 2010 - 02:29 AM.

#23 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:54 AM

I just got a couple of 500 Internal Server Errors. :)

#24 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:30 AM

Dammit, I'm too late! But TY Georgie, for letting us know the UK times, so I can figure out the German times way easier ^^

#25 SimranXX

SimranXX
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:54 AM

Haha, I come on to see what the problem with ASAB was and I read this. Wish I'd read this last night and kept my ABer running. Oh well, hopefully the Kad Feeder will work after this :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users