• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:58 AM

Alright so the Item Database has a broken captcha but I'm trying to urgently fix that.

Some tweaks were made. You now see a "Search Tips" and a "Install to Browser" button in the search box. In the search tips the important part is the first paragraph. It tells you that you can now delimit your searches. For example:

Search Tips
Search 'codestone"' without the single quotes pulls up all items ending in 'codestone'. And you can also use a % for wild card anywhere in the phrase.

Browser Search Engines
Now remember that firefox search plugin I posted about the other day. I now made it compatible with all browsers that support that feature. That includes IE7, IE8, IE9, FF2.x.x, FF3.x.x, and Chrome 5.x.x.x.x.
It now features autocomplete with instant prices. This is support in the new generation browsers like FF3+ IE8+ and Chrome 5+.

Our server is real laggy and we'll try to speed it up. But in firefox and Chrome 5 the lag disrupts the autocomplete feature. So it wont show up right away and after it does respond the browser won't load the results. The bugs are being fixed for firefox and chrome 5 is no longer available. Chrome 6 and IE9 will load in the suggestions once the server responds. FF3.x.x will not. So after typing it wait 2 seconds then backspace the last character then put it back. That should bring up the quick results.

The browser auto discovery feature will work soon for all browsers. For now just go to dialog and click install.

Quick Pricing
Now rather then going to the items page and then updating the price you can submit the price of an item straight from the search results. If you have >= 500 posts, when you mouse over the "Unpriced" or "XXXX" price of the item you see a little icon. Click. You can now submit a price straight from there.
Please help us price and maintain the prices of all the unbuyables. Thanks.

#2 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:10 AM

This also makes me very happy because now you can price inflated buyables as UB's! :D

*cough* bubbling fungus *cough*

#3 alphadark

alphadark
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:24 AM

lol someone also said bubbling fungus so im guessing everyone is trying to get it now

#4 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:25 AM

Nice job noit!

Been waiting for summat like this :)

Keep the free stuff coming ;)

#5 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:39 AM

the auto complete feature should be really helpful, thanks noit! :)
though tbh, i dont visit the itemDB frontpage that often (if ever)

#6 lexis

lexis
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:06 AM

woow cool!
that is really useful! Thanks Noiti!

#7 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:13 AM

Woohoo welcome!

Well you could always price the UB's but you had to go into the items page. Which I realized not many people did, like at all. So I added it straight to that page.

Oh also the search form now retains your search parameters. So you don't go like, wtf did i just search.

the auto complete feature should be really helpful, thanks noit! :)
though tbh, i dont visit the itemDB frontpage that often (if ever)

Now the search is better then your add on search :p
Did you try the autocomplete and the instant price suggestions? :D

#8 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:37 AM

Woohoo welcome!

Well you could always price the UB's but you had to go into the items page. Which I realized not many people did, like at all. So I added it straight to that page.

Oh also the search form now retains your search parameters. So you don't go like, wtf did i just search.

I couldn't figure out how to do autocomplete. I'm dumb that way :p

And before you couldn't price buyable, the option wasn't even available :o

It still isn't if you got to the item's actual page. But with the new "quick link" thing, you can. Before you couldn't price buyables :(

#9 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:53 AM

I couldn't figure out how to do autocomplete. I'm dumb that way :p

And before you couldn't price buyable, the option wasn't even available :o

It still isn't if you got to the item's actual page. But with the new "quick link" thing, you can. Before you couldn't price buyables :(

No you shouldn't be able to change the prices of buyable items, that's another thing which looks like it needs to be fixed. Until it's fixed I guess you could use it to fix the prices of those items which are currently UB but got stuck as buyable items in our database like some of the lab map pieces etc. :p

#10 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:25 PM

Oh crap guys! Thanks laser for the notification. I fixed it up.

#11 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:30 PM

No you shouldn't be able to change the prices of buyable items, that's another thing which looks like it needs to be fixed. Until it's fixed I guess you could use it to fix the prices of those items which are currently UB but got stuck as buyable items in our database like some of the lab map pieces etc. :p

Well you can't change the prices of items to make them buyable or change prices within the buyable region, but I think the option should still be available to be able to make buyable items have unbuyable status :o

Although that can lead to abuse I guess. I dunno :/

#12 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:33 PM

Hmm i see what you man. Ill wait to hear back from laser. I think we may set it back to where you can make a buyable item to ub status.

#13 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:37 PM

Hmm i see what you man. Ill wait to hear back from laser. I think we may set it back to where you can make a buyable item to ub status.

Well there are very few items that are close to buyable and unbuyable status. Usually just bubbling fungus, a few spooky foods, a few gourmet foods and quite a bit of clothing.

#14 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:55 PM

I think we might leave it so users can set things to unbuyable. If it is a mistake the systems will bring it back to buyable status.

#15 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:44 PM

Whatever you did won't let me update prices anymore. And after loading the DB for maybe MAYBE three page reloads, I'm locked out again because it thinks I'm a robot. And you know what? I wish I WAS a robot. So then there'd be a reason for me to be cock blocked. Also, I think I'd be a hell of a lot more efficient if I were a robot, lemmetellya.

#16 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:10 PM

Ok i got you back in.
But what part is giving you an error. Whats the error it gives exactly?

Oh fixed it. You should be able to price them now. Nice catch punk!

#17 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:10 PM

Whatever you did won't let me update prices anymore. And after loading the DB for maybe MAYBE three page reloads, I'm locked out again because it thinks I'm a robot. And you know what? I wish I WAS a robot. So then there'd be a reason for me to be cock blocked. Also, I think I'd be a hell of a lot more efficient if I were a robot, lemmetellya.

Wow

+1

I...I... OMG

#18 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:40 PM

Lol was it that super amazing bog? :p

#19 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:41 PM

Lol was it that super amazing bog? :p

to me it was. :p

#20 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:30 PM

it's like magic!

Posted Image

load times are all over the place though, some words take > 5seconds while others are close to instant.
but your little trick does make it go :p

Edited by iOmega, 26 September 2010 - 04:32 PM.

#21 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:45 PM

it's like magic!

HAHA thanks man! I'll see what i can do to make it work as smoothly as the google suggestions. its definitely server side. ill talk to dro. im willing to pay money as im getting a job soon! :D i would love to have live data eveyrwhere. caching is no fun :(

#22 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:01 AM

Special thanks to Naded for notifying me that the quick price thing was not working for some users. I have fixed that.
Special thanks to Twink for notifying me that items could not be changed from buyable status to unbuyable status from the item profile page. That has also been fixed.

#23 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:23 AM

Special thanks to Twink for notifying me that items could not be changed from buyable status to unbuyable status from the item profile page. That has also been fixed.

Ummmm.. Undo that.

Only the programs can mark an item as unbuyable, not people. :(

#24 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:44 AM

Ummmm.. Undo that.

Only the programs can mark an item as unbuyable, not people. :(

:(
What's the reasoning for this?

#25 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:58 AM

:(
What's the reasoning for this?

People are idiots.

Users should not be changing the prices of buyable items at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users