Photo

Anyone like anime?

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#201 giraffe

giraffe
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:37 PM

I loved a lot of the classics-- Wolf's Rain, Cowboy Bebop, and Trigun.
Similarly, I loved Pokemon and Digimon when I was younger. I still keep meaning to go back and rewatch the early digimon seasons (the ones collectively referred to as "season 1")
I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned Chrno Crusade. Militant nuns fighting demons! It was hilarious, deep, and sad. You should all watch it!

I usually prefer subs, but I have to admit that some of the stuff I watched on TV is hard for me to watch with subs now because I'm used to the dubs. Biggest exception ever: Trigun. HATED THAT DUB.

Worst Anime Ever: Excel Saga.
I also didn't like FLCL because I like things a bit more cohesive and I felt like it was too random. Then again, it's like, four episodes and I didn't finish it.

#202 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:47 PM

This will stab me in the back... I like Toradora!

#203 Plunk

Plunk
  • Official Neocodex Dollface

• 545 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:11 PM

I went and hung out with my dad yesterday for the first time in a long time, and he told me he's watching Bleach, Naruto, and a few other anime, and he's watched all of Inuyasha twice, but he has to watch the dubs because he can't read nearly fast enough to watch subbed versions.

#204 rhexis07

rhexis07
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:53 AM

Oh yeah. Does anyone play Ragnarok Online here? There's actually an Anime on it, if you didn't know.

As a Ragnarok Player last time, I actually enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty cool, the way the main character got his job skills and all. :)

#205 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:25 PM

I loved a lot of the classics-- Wolf's Rain, Cowboy Bebop, and Trigun.
Similarly, I loved Pokemon and Digimon when I was younger. I still keep meaning to go back and rewatch the early digimon seasons (the ones collectively referred to as "season 1")
I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned Chrno Crusade. Militant nuns fighting demons! It was hilarious, deep, and sad. You should all watch it!

I usually prefer subs, but I have to admit that some of the stuff I watched on TV is hard for me to watch with subs now because I'm used to the dubs. Biggest exception ever: Trigun. HATED THAT DUB.

Worst Anime Ever: Excel Saga.
I also didn't like FLCL because I like things a bit more cohesive and I felt like it was too random. Then again, it's like, four episodes and I didn't finish it.

Lol I watched like 2 episodes of excel saga and didn't like it, too random and no plot at all. FLCL is still worth watching though, and I like plot continuity. Prolly the reason why I haven't watched Chrono Crusade is because it's most likely in the 7 area of ratings of anidb and I haven't really made it to the bottom of the ratings barrel yet. You will get used to watching subtitles. I cringe if I hear dub, because it's always terrible compared to the the jap version. Animation voice actors are paid WAY more in japan than in the USA, and as a result, the voice actors are better.

This will stab me in the back... I like Toradora!

Toradora was epic :o One of my favorite romance animes
If you like toradora I would recommend watching School Rumble, it is hilarious.
If you want a more serious (but does have its funny moments) anime I suggest Clannad & Clannad season 2, all time favorite romance anime.

Oh yeah. Does anyone play Ragnarok Online here? There's actually an Anime on it, if you didn't know.

As a Ragnarok Player last time, I actually enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty cool, the way the main character got his job skills and all. :)

Apparently that anime has a horrible rating, you definitely need to be a big fan of Ragnarok to enjoy it :p
My friend was a big Ragnarok fan, he was considering watching it until he read the reviews of it xD

#206 Eyams

Eyams
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:07 PM

subs are better.... and WATCH CODE GEASS. :D SO GOOD

#207 rhexis07

rhexis07
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:31 PM

Apparently that anime has a horrible rating, you definitely need to be a big fan of Ragnarok to enjoy it :p
My friend was a big Ragnarok fan, he was considering watching it until he read the reviews of it xD

Yeah I agree, the rating were horrible. But back then I was about 16, and I was heavily addicted to Ragnarok Online, playing it for about 12 hours a day. I was also pursuing the class that was the same as the main character, so that's probably what sparked a little interest. I wasn't much of an anime freak back then, but if you were to compare the current anime such as Bleach, Naruto, One Piece and all, Ragnarok Online the Animation is no doubt at the bottom of a bottomless pit.

#208 thoragon

thoragon
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:23 PM

kenshin, fma, fma brotherhood, db, dbz, death note :D

sub definitely

Edited by thoragon, 11 May 2011 - 02:23 PM.

#209 frostz

frostz
  • 594 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:00 AM

i thought the last exile series was pretty good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users