#1 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:42 AM

Starts: Now
Entries Due: Friday, April 1st, 11:59 NST
Voting Ends: Sunday, April 3rd, 11:59 NST
Prize: Your choice of either 1mill Nps or 500nc card!

Theme: Superheroes!

Competition Rules:
1. Entries must be entered on time, no exceptions. You have a week, so this shouldn't be hard.
2. DO NOT include your username in the entry. We want this to be a pure competition, and including your username could skew the voting. Any sig with a username on it will not be accepted.
3. DO NOT openly post your work or PM to others for C&C. All that can be handled after the competition. If you do this, then you get DQ'ed
4. Standard signature size is expected, so we're looking in the neighborhood of 500x150 pixels.
5. PM your entry to the person running the event (Georgina), and that person will be responsible for creating the poll for voting.
6. This must be an original work, newly created for this contest. Stealing other people's work is, of course, a serious offense. Pulling base images from public sources, however, is allowed.
7. In the event that the winner forfeits their prize, it would be awarded to the next runner-up.
8. The winner of this event has the option to run the next event, as they will be disallowed from entering the following event. If not, I will gladly run contest again!

Edited by Georgina, 25 March 2011 - 04:45 AM.

#2 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:01 AM

awesome! Im def entering this one G :) Congrats on your win last week. This week i plan to take the winnings :p

#3 Mahas

Mahas

• 503 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:41 AM

I am entering!

#4 grapes

grapes
  • Waser Lave Fan

• 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:52 AM

Do I have to PM you the signature? btw I'm entering.

Edited by grapes, 25 March 2011 - 05:53 AM.

#5 Mahas

Mahas

• 503 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:55 AM

Grapes, i do believe that is protocol these days, pm the person running the sotw and you should be right ! The whole process is anonymous btw, so even whilst voting its still going to be a surprise :D

#6 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:54 AM

Grapes, i do believe that is protocol these days, pm the person running the sotw and you should be right ! The whole process is anonymous btw, so even whilst voting its still going to be a surprise :D

Thanks maha! Yup thats correct, PM entries to me. One per person, but you can change your mind right up untill the closing date if you upgrade/change your sig you wish to enter.

Edited by Georgina, 25 March 2011 - 06:55 AM.

#7 Mahas

Mahas

• 503 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:15 AM

Thanks maha! Yup thats correct, PM entries to me. One per person, but you can change your mind right up untill the closing date if you upgrade/change your sig you wish to enter.

Just remember you can bribe her to change any entry after the end date if you have legit noodz of Boggart ! (joking)

xD (sorry boggart if you find this offensive, just pm me and kick me if you wish...)

Will submit my full and finished entry tomorrow !!! Will include psd file D:!

#8 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:48 AM

I'd love to enter, but my plate is kind of full atm. Hopefully I'll find some time to enter. I've got a test to study for due wednesday, a take home test due friday, a chapter exam on monday, an essay due wednesday, and a bunch of apartment applications to fill out, not to mention work, school, and visitation with my daughter....

#9 SailorMoon

SailorMoon
  • 104 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:44 PM

uwaaaa~~~ I'm so excited!!! I hope I can find time in between my commissions to make one... ( ̄へ ̄)

but I think it might be obvious if I did my sig as Sailor Moon... maybe I will have to choose another superhero?? _| ̄|○

#10 Tarabyte

Tarabyte
  • 230 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:46 PM

Oh, hell yes. As an avid comic book collector, I am all for this theme.

#11 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:37 PM

Oh and with the theme being Superheroes, is it including super VILLAINS too or not?

#12 Mahas

Mahas

• 503 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:46 PM

Hmmm, Strat, i would take a guess at this... Being the theme saying Super Heroes, i would probably not think of villains... BUT i would think of good guys gone bad or bad gone good if you get my drift?

#13 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:26 PM

Ahh all good i think ill just knock up one of each just in case :p It something i like doing so yeah i dont mind either way. Cheers mate

#14 Mahas

Mahas

• 503 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:44 PM

Or... You could include the heroes related villain ? batman and freeze ? o.o

#15 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:12 PM

hmmm didnt think of two characters in one.... may look a little too crowded imo but ill give one a go and see if i like it. Im already on my way to an epic one now :p

#16 Mahas

Mahas

• 503 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:32 PM

Well i got 1 on 1 help last night for like 3 hours :D im nearly done on mine :D

#17 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2011 - 02:36 AM

Hey guise...Villans are ok I suppose!! Aslong as they are still super....not like....some random monster. :D

#18 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2011 - 02:57 AM

sweet thanks for the clarification on that one G :) Ill get cracking on my villain one too now then :D

#19 grapes

grapes
  • Waser Lave Fan

• 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2011 - 04:08 AM

btw are we allowed to create our OWN superheros? :)

#20 Mahas

Mahas

• 503 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 04:10 AM

If you wanna create your own i suggest writing up an article, powers, weaknesses background, science behind it and stuff, thats what we had to do for science once is break down and re-write our own superhero folios xD

#21 Jeb

Jeb
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:10 AM

Superheros!? this is right up my alley. I am soooo entering this one

#22 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:23 AM

Why would you when there are so many good ones out there.......................................

waste of time IMO

#23 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:24 AM

Yeah crack on with it grapes, its all good :D If it means your work will be of a higher standard please, feel free to make up your own heros!

#24 Blissey

Blissey
  • 581 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:36 PM

Boggart is my superhero, can anyone hook me up with a picture of him? Lol

#25 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:29 PM

If you wanna create your own i suggest writing up an article, powers, weaknesses background, science behind it and stuff, thats what we had to do for science once is break down and re-write our own superhero folios xD

Right.. because the world we live in isn't interesting enough without a bunch of fictional magic powers.

Sounds to me like your science teacher was pretty derp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users