Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:57 PM

Starts: Now
Entries Due: Friday, April 15th, 11:59 NST
Voting Ends: Sunday, April 18th, 11:59 NST
Prize: Your choice of either 1mill Nps or 500nc card!

Theme: Easter!

Competition Rules:
1. Entries must be entered on time, no exceptions. You have a week, so this shouldn't be hard.
2. DO NOT include your username in the entry. We want this to be a pure competition, and including your username could skew the voting. Any sig with a username on it will not be accepted.
3. DO NOT openly post your work or PM to others for C&C. All that can be handled after the competition. If you do this, then you get DQ'ed
4. Standard signature size is expected, so we're looking in the neighborhood of 500x150 pixels.
5. PM your entry to the person running the event (Strategist), and that person will be responsible for creating the poll for voting.
6. This must be an original work, newly created for this contest. Stealing other people's work is, of course, a serious offense. Pulling base images from public sources, however, is allowed.
7. In the event that the winner forfeits their prize, it would be awarded to the next runner-up.
8. The winner of this event has the option to run the next event, as they will be disallowed from entering the following event. If not, I will gladly run contest again!

*oh and for those wondering why im hosting the new comp, Jeb didnt have time to commit to it so I was asked :p*

Edited by Strategist, 07 April 2011 - 10:33 PM.

#2 Tarabyte

Tarabyte
  • 230 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:29 PM

I'm passing on this one. Easter's not my thing. Good luck, everyone!

#3 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:15 AM

I had hell finding some easter images, but I did manage to find something to use for it, entry will be submitted later today possibly..

#4 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:24 AM

I'm passing on this one. Easter's not my thing. Good luck, everyone!

No problems Tara, sorry to hear that you wont be entering though :(

I had hell finding some easter images, but I did manage to find something to use for it, entry will be submitted later today possibly..

No worries Kat, received your entry thanks.

#5 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:35 AM

Nice one Stratty boy!

Use your status to advertise too, its allowed once a day or so :) Helps get people thinking.

I look forward to the siggys next week :D

#6 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:37 AM

I wish I could enter. Zombie Jesus = Win the competition

#7 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:43 AM

i am sketching up a little something now
x.X

#8 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:21 AM

Don't know if I'll enter this one. The only thing I think about during Easter is bugs bunny o.0

#9 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:15 PM

Sounds good Syd and Kuro there are other things besides bugs bunny that you can use..... think colourful eggs/neggs, cybunnies? something neo related? idk something religious even if youre into that. Plenty of things to be used :D Best of luck

#10 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:24 PM

But don't forget what Easter is really about! When Jesus resurrected and on the third day after fighting satan in hell, resurrected and visit the three apostles (and a few others playing pranks).

Posted Image

#11 Jeb

Jeb
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:42 PM

I won the last so alas I can not enter, however good luck everybody :)

#12 bluehawaii19

bluehawaii19
  • 94 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:04 PM

I sent in my entry :)

#13 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:15 PM

But don't forget what Easter is really about! When Jesus resurrected and on the third day after fighting satan in hell, resurrected and visit the three apostles (and a few others playing pranks).

Posted Image

scary... very scary... lmao but yes, its not all about bunnies and chocolate eggs hey. Not that im very religious but if youre into it, do a siggy about the real reason behind easter. More than welcome.

I won the last so alas I can not enter, however good luck everybody :)

all good mate you can enter next weeks though :) should be fun.

I sent in my entry :)

thanks i recieved it and thought it was quite a good one :) best of luck

#14 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:40 PM

everyone has their own thoughts about the real reason.. I'm not 100% sure I could put my "real reason" into an image..

#15 Tarabyte

Tarabyte
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:44 PM

Ahem. Easter is the perversion of a pagan holiday. I do love Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs, though. They are delicious.

Posted Image

Mmmmmmm.

Edited by TaraTantrum, 08 April 2011 - 04:44 PM.

#16 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:45 PM

Ahem. Easter is the perversion of a pagan holiday. I do love Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs, though. They are delicious.

I do believe you are referring to Ostara <3

#17 Tarabyte

Tarabyte
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:49 PM

I do believe you are referring to Ostara <3

Indeed I am. <3 Which was always a much more fun holiday I remember as a kid. My mother's side of the family celebrates Ostara, & my father's side celebrates Easter. I like Ostara a lot better.

Edited by TaraTantrum, 08 April 2011 - 04:50 PM.

#18 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:54 PM

Indeed I am. <3 Which was always a much more fun holiday I remember as a kid. My mother's side of the family celebrates Ostara, & my father's side celebrates Easter. I like Ostara a lot better.

haha! Thought so ^,^ Going to pm ya so we can chat more about this without getting the thread semi off topic. ^,^

#19 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:58 PM

haha sorry didnt mean to offend anyone who doesnt follow a religious belief. (i dont btw) but just trying to open up the ctegory a bit more to try give people some ideas on what to use :)

#20 Tarabyte

Tarabyte
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:07 PM

haha sorry didnt mean to offend anyone who doesnt follow a religious belief. (i dont btw) but just trying to open up the ctegory a bit more to try give people some ideas on what to use :)

Not offended at all. I'm not going to complain about other religions having holidays. Plus, without Easter, there may not be Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs. Unless another egg-centric (you see what I did there?) holiday happened to occur around the same time. Posted Image

#21 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:26 PM

Haha I went to Christian school so I just know the stuff. I'm not practising.

I love Easter. we have a family gathering and we have stuff like ham and turkey and mashed potatos

White people food FTW

#22 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:34 PM

hmm i think i might enter this... dont expect too much quality though... all i have is paint.NET XD

#23 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:35 PM

I don't get offended by other religions unless the person is trying to tell me that it is the ABSOLUTE TRUTH.
That's when I start getting frustrated and go " t(^,^t) "

But as long as they are pleasant I'd talk pleasantly about it with them in a contributing manner (as long as they are willing to hear my side)
It only "fluffled my feathers" slightly when I saw "Real reason behind easter"

so don't worry about offending me, I'll be fine hearing any religion discussed here (as long as it isn't a violent religion) just so long as you don't try to tell me it's the only absolute truth.

#24 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:30 PM

I think I may actually enter this one. I've been waiting to be able to do something cute and girly. ^_^

#25 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:47 PM

haha i thought it was about time that we catered for the chicks in this one a bit more. Not saying blokes cant enter but yeah. Gotta keep everyone happy :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users