Photo

Inception question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RWS

RWS
  • 596 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:59 PM

I just finished watching Inception for the second time, and I am confused about a couple of things (SPOILERS BELOW). Was wondering what you guys' thoughts were on them, if they can be explained, or if they are just plot holes...

--------

Spoiler

Edited by Waser Lave, 10 April 2011 - 03:08 AM.
Spoiler tags are your friend

#2 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:05 PM

Going to watch again right after Tron, then explain.

#3 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:09 PM

I like how the truth was Blake's father really was disappointed in him.

Posted Image

#4 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:17 PM

I was incredibly confused when I first saw that, but I'm assuming they are just plot holes.

#5 Mahas

Mahas

• 503 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:22 PM

Well just think for a second, does limbo follow any form of logic? Seriously stop trying to decipher shit like that. They seem to be plot holes, they must be. If they aren't then what satisfaction does it give you when you figure it out? Its a movie, they show events in a timeline to make sense, the TIMELINE not the events. Logically everything has a stable occurring, but seriously, over thinking on this is stupid.

In a real life situation what would you think, do you think you would be able to go into the "limbo" at 4 levels?Posted Image

#6 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:00 AM

It seems to me that by voluntarily entering Limbo, the dreamers retain control over the environment, rather than forgetting. This would be how Cobb stayed young, rather than aging as Saito did.
In other words, Saito aged because that's what happens in reality, which is where he thought he was.

#7 simplicity155

simplicity155
  • 310 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:48 AM

ahahah i loved and hated this debate my friends and i had to rewatch the movie again in order to figure out who was correct and who was incorrect

(was the first movie i ever watched twice in the cinemas)

to put it simply if you have a search around on the internet it is a debate whether the last state was limbo or not (i kinda think its stupid that it is) but most of the websites do seem to agree with this. If this was the case thats why the moment they realised that it was a dream they were able to wake up from the limbo state.

the answer to your first question though. if i remember right. doesnt cobb enter limbo after saito? because doesnt saito die during the ice phase whereas cobb enters into limbo afterwards

sorry if my answer is incorrect its been quite a while since i've watched the movie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users