Quantcast

Photo

If you ruled the world, what would you do?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 mjcm

mjcm
  • 122 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:17 AM

so, if you were to rule the world, what would you do first and why?

#2 simplicity155

simplicity155
  • 310 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:23 AM

polling? you should probably have a poll =p

but personally world peace would actually be nice, be hard to do with peoples personalities and how peopel tend to be greedy and such but world peace if it were possible

#3 Mahas

Mahas

• 503 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:25 AM

I would make people angry... Cus i can :)

#4 mjcm

mjcm
  • 122 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:27 AM

thanks, i hope i get a lot of replies :)

#5 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:29 AM

I would make people angry... Cus i can :)

Last time i checked.... your not ruling the world; you i think you can stop with the annoying-ness now :)

I would remove a lot of people from todays society.... Lots of black garbage bags would be used....

Also: Good luck on your race to 500 posts.... a word of warning... if it becomes too... annoying you'll set a reputation like mr. angry above... you don't want that.

#6 mjcm

mjcm
  • 122 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:37 AM

oh no no, i'm not after the 500 post to become an advanced member. I'm actually doing this for school. we were tasked to do a speech, and i figured to deliver a topic which is entertaining and informative at the same time. I thought that to get the best humane possible answers, conducting this poll would be a lot better. :)

#7 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:42 AM

Well... if you wanted a better answer...

If i ruled the world i would ensure that i could only get more power and those under me would only have less power... oh wait! I'm not republican! - Or some bullshit like that.

#8 mjcm

mjcm
  • 122 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:48 AM

Well... if you wanted a better answer...

If i ruled the world i would ensure that i could only get more power and those under me would only have less power... oh wait! I'm not republican! - Or some bullshit like that.
i actually like that. lol so machiavellian :)

#9 Mahas

Mahas

• 503 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:49 AM

Also: Good luck on your race to 500 posts.... a word of warning... if it becomes too... annoying you'll set a reputation like mr. angry above... you don't want that.

Thanks for referring to me as Mr. Angry. Makes me sound like Spike from Buffy. Thanks good Sir. Kudo's to you and your family.

---

Also... If this is for school... To be honest... If i was the world ruler... I would most likely just set my life up and do random shit...

#10 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:54 AM

Posted Image

#11 mjcm

mjcm
  • 122 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:54 AM

@DAN: WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?

#12 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:18 AM

Humans are shit, if you hadn't noticed.

#13 policepro

policepro
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:26 AM

Make the world a democracy because communism sucks.

#14 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:57 AM

Politicians? Fired. Every single one of them.
Bureaucracy? Get that shit out of here. Fuck paperwork.
The world would be run with a mild left-winged bias.
No more war.
I'm the sole proprietor of money. That's right. Your country needs funding for a program? I'll say yes or no. Need to settle an international dispute? I am the sole mediator.

And all fucking requests are sent digitally.

#15 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:12 PM

1. Seas would rise when I gave the word.
2. Kill all violent criminals, any with weapon offenses are included too.
3. Stop giving so many fucking benefits to religious centers (churches not having to pay taxes pisses me off)
4. Make ignorance a crime (but no stupidity, we all need humor)
5. Television programming will consist of Klansmen fighting the WBC.
6. Yoga pants for all chicks
7. Magnets would make sense
8. World ruled by a leftist regime
9. Non-violent criminals will be shipped to labor camps
10. Make it illegal for people to go door to door trying to spread their religion

#16 MisterDerp

MisterDerp
  • 261 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:59 PM

1. Seas would rise when I gave the word.
2. Kill all violent criminals, any with weapon offenses are included too.
3. Stop giving so many fucking benefits to religious centers (churches not having to pay taxes pisses me off)
4. Make ignorance a crime (but no stupidity, we all need humor)
5. Television programming will consist of Klansmen fighting the WBC.
6. Yoga pants for all chicks
7. Magnets would make sense
8. World ruled by a leftist regime
9. Non-violent criminals will be shipped to labor camps
10. Make it illegal for people to go door to door trying to spread their religion

You and Travis would both have my vote.

If I ruled the world, uh...

1. Anyone who refuses to clean up after their dog gets their dog taken away from them. I'm sorry, but if you own a dog, you have to take the responsibilities that come with it.
2. Make it illegal to use shock imagery to protest on the sidewalk of a place with heavy traffic. I don't want to see dead or aborted fetuses on the way to my destination, thanks.
3. World ruled by a leftist regime.
4. Rapists get their genitals removed.
5. Religious soliciting can only be done in front of the corresponding churches.

Edited by PsychoSoldier, 26 April 2011 - 04:01 PM.

#17 Connery

Connery
  • 535 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:16 PM

I would line every human on the face of the Earth up, have my clipboard and analyze whether each person that approached me was worthy of living or not. Needless to say, most of the users populating the Internet would die.

#18 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:10 PM

I would ban all form of organized religion or try my best to phase it out of the human psyche completely. Eventually over the generations people will be looking back on it as an error of primitive human culture.

The world would still have boundaries but not countries. Let's call them regions. The provinces would differ only in the specific set of laws that suits their environment best. Laws that govern their economy, their resources, etc.

All the regions will have to abide by a basic set of morals based on behavior. Ie, don't kill, don't steal, essentially don't harm people. Sorta like the bill of rights( or is that the declaration of independence?). There would be absolutely no qualms against homosexuality or other lifestyles that get shunned these days.

Along with the moral laws the world's economy would be heavily socialized. Free healthcare, free primary education and even free post-secondary in necessary regions.

I don't think I could ban religion though. That would be far too difficult to enforce. But I could take away all the benefits they get like tax-exemptions, make it illegal for parents to enforce their religion on their children.

There would be very strict laws governing the media. Political mouthpieces like Fox news would not be able to operate as "news" networks. The distinction might be a little subjective to define but bullshit celebrity news would not appear on the news either. Basically I would try to make the news people get as unbiased and humanly possible.

Furthermore there would be even stricter laws in marketing and advertisements. Another attempt at getting the people the correct information and not bullshitting them.

I suppose that would be the basics. I would be the most just dictator in history. Hated by some(with 7billion people that would translate to hundreds of millions) but none of them would suffer at my hands.

Anyone care to refine it?

Make the world a democracy because communism sucks.

Communism is a socio-political/economics theory and democracy is a form of government....

Bump for interest =P

#19 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:14 PM

I would ban all form of organized religion or try my best to phase it out of the human psyche completely. Eventually over the generations people will be looking back on it as an error of primitive human culture.

You have my vote for this reason alone; fucking genius Posted Image

#20 mjcm

mjcm
  • 122 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:27 PM

Along with the moral laws the world's economy would be heavily socialized. Free healthcare, free primary education and even free post-secondary in necessary regions.

-----------------

How exactly would get the funds?

-----------------

How exactly would you get the funds?

how about living up to the society as envisioned by Plato in his "The Republic"?

some features include:

A communal system of life where children will be separated from their parents upon birth and all newly born will be nursed by all the mothers. But these mothers will never know who their children are. Plato believes that the parental attachment must be dissolved because their family will now be the whole community and not merely that of blood relations. In the nursery, the children will never be told with stories which are fictional, only those about war, power, and hope. Plato believes that fairy tales make the mind of people scared of non-existant being. The citizens' minds must only have courage and strength. Those children which are defective upon birth will burned or will be hidden away. Plato thinks they are worthless and will only bring harm to the community instead of advancement.

these are just of those in the republic. :)

#21 italkaboutoddthings

italkaboutoddthings
  • 139 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:29 PM

If I did rule the world, hypothetically speaking. Given I was also invulnerable and I had the power to kill on sight. Honestly i would be abing on neopets still. i would order viacom to continue to operate neopets an ban people, makes it more exciting to play. The only difference with society is, I will be written in the history books as a total nerd :) Than when, seeing as how you get bored of neopets real quick. I think i would have a orgy( males/females/trans doesn't matter at this point), than nuke the world.

#22 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:23 PM

You have my vote for this reason alone; fucking genius Posted Image

Thank you =]

How exactly would you get the funds?

how about living up to the society as envisioned by Plato in his "The Republic"?

some features include:

A communal system of life where children will be separated from their parents upon birth and all newly born will be nursed by all the mothers. But these mothers will never know who their children are. Plato believes that the parental attachment must be dissolved because their family will now be the whole community and not merely that of blood relations. In the nursery, the children will never be told with stories which are fictional, only those about war, power, and hope. Plato believes that fairy tales make the mind of people scared of non-existant being. The citizens' minds must only have courage and strength. Those children which are defective upon birth will burned or will be hidden away. Plato thinks they are worthless and will only bring harm to the community instead of advancement.

these are just of those in the republic. :)

Same way every nation gets funding, taxes. Remember if I can pool together the entire world economy there's a shit ton of money going around that can be used for these sorts of things.

Military expenditure would be minimal if not virtually non-existent since we're all one nation. Do you have any idea how much money that saves right there?

I haven't heard of "The Republic" before but it's way too far out. Too different. It wouldn't catch on and trying to enforce or phase it in would make me look like a nut job...it is interesting though, makes some good points....

#23 mjcm

mjcm
  • 122 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:43 PM

it a good philosophical book. yes, it really didn't catch up because there was no morality attached to it. At least that's what contemporary philosophers say. But it's a very good reading material. There are audiobooks available too. :)

and oh, the lord of the rings was based on that book. :D

Thank you =]

Same way every nation gets funding, taxes. Remember if I can pool together the entire world economy there's a shit ton of money going around that can be used for these sorts of things.

Military expenditure would be minimal if not virtually non-existent since we're all one nation. Do you have any idea how much money that saves right there?

I haven't heard of "The Republic" before but it's way too far out. Too different. It wouldn't catch on and trying to enforce or phase it in would make me look like a nut job...it is interesting though, makes some good points....

The Republic is one of the fundamental frameworks of dictatoship, communism, and almost every kind of a centralized government so reading it will really be informative. :)

#24 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:57 PM

it a good philosophical book. yes, it really didn't catch up because there was no morality attached to it. At least that's what contemporary philosophers say. But it's a very good reading material. There are audiobooks available too. :)

and oh, the lord of the rings was based on that book. :D

The Republic is one of the fundamental frameworks of dictatoship, communism, and almost every kind of a centralized government so reading it will really be informative. :)

I realized Plato was a really far out and deep thinker when I heard about his "Allegory of the cave" That was really cool.

But I'll go with the philosophers there aren't any morals attached to it. It would be interesting to see what happens when women care for all the children in the community, not just their own. I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't happened before already. I take it he was some what of an anti-individualist?

Ps: hitting the hay, will reply tomorrow morning

#25 mjcm

mjcm
  • 122 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:07 AM

I realized Plato was a really far out and deep thinker when I heard about his "Allegory of the cave" That was really cool.

But I'll go with the philosophers there aren't any morals attached to it. It would be interesting to see what happens when women care for all the children in the community, not just their own. I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't happened before already. I take it he was some what of an anti-individualist?

Ps: hitting the hay, will reply tomorrow morning

ah,the allegory of the cave, the world of ideas and forms. The classic. :)

yes that would really be interesting. He actually got these radical ideas of his from his mentor, Socrates. Nah, I think he isn't. He's merely trying to shoulder the burden (not to mention the brainwork) the others cannot fully understand. He is just actually critiquing Greece during that time. He's stand is primarily against democracy. He submits that Greece would crumble if she lets the uneducated, hungry and impoverished majority rule over the gifted and skilled minority. If you're interested, this stand of his is better explained in his Myth of the Metals which is also an allegory from the Republic. I would really love to discuss it if you're interested. :)

:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users