Quantcast

Photo

Help: how to trade a pet for NPs safely.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Runic

Runic
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:17 PM

I'm a little new to trading still, so here's my question:

how do i go about buying a pet from another user without getting caught?

I probably shouldn't pay with the account the pet is going on, right?

#2 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:19 PM

I'm a little new to trading still, so here's my question:

how do i go about buying a pet from another user without getting caught?

I probably shouldn't pay with the account the pet is going on, right?

Yes, that would be silly.

I've made lots of pet trades... and they've all gone fine.
Just put up a trade that looks legit... and transfer your pet through the pound system. You should be fine. :)

#3 Runic

Runic
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:24 PM

What about using a side account to pay the person with?
And could you give me a quick link in adopting via the old pound method? Or would you recommend using an auto-adopter?

Cause I'm strapped on legit items.

Edited by Runic, 10 June 2011 - 01:24 PM.

#4 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:28 PM

What about using a side account to pay the person with?
And could you give me a quick link in adopting via the old pound method? Or would you recommend using an auto-adopter?

Cause I'm strapped on legit items.

Yes, paying with a side account is what I meant.

And click the transfer door.

Edited by jsteinberg, 10 June 2011 - 01:28 PM.

#5 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:34 PM

Most of my trades I'd done here are purchases for pets (specifically converted Robot pets).

My method is using two different accounts for buying pets. One account is the payer and the other is the receiver of the pet. A lot of the traders here are responsible and quick (judgement is vital) so I have no issues going first despite me having a much higher trader score. I'm not sure why people bug out when doing pet trades. I've done at least 15 pet purchases in which I tell them where to send the pet on Account A and me paying them NP through trades with Account B. I use transfers all the time because I had a bad experience with using the pound system Posted Image even with the pet transfer program (mostly my stupidity). I haven't been frozen so far and neither any of my sellers. Just make sure that Account B is not always the same accounts meaning that I rotate when paying. It looks suspicious when one account keeps heaps of losing money to junk trades. Take this advice in any direction you want.

#6 Runic

Runic
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:51 PM

So basically....

Use my side account to pay.
Direct the owner of the pet to send pet to main.

This may be the only pet I'll be purchasing from another user, so I think that should be safe right?

#7 SatansCamaro

SatansCamaro
  • 553 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:11 PM

To answer your question in the previous post, yes.

Contrary to what people say, I still pay from my main, even if it goes to the main. No freeze yet. My accounts just look like a main and many sides, with a charitable person :shifty:

#8 Runic

Runic
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

Mkay, thank you!
I shall stay safe in the trades! ^^

#9 fruityone

fruityone
  • 346 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:25 PM

I don't think it matters that much. Back when I could be bothered selling converteds I sent over pets via transfer with payment going to the same account with no problem. Yes, it would be safer to use different accounts but using a side in my opinion isn't any safer. One, you aren't allowed to trade at all on sides, and two, it's not like it's hard to track down your main if you use the same computer, email and stuff. Unless by 'side' you mean a completely unconnected account, which of course would be ideal. Selling a pet via pound can mean the pet could get lost, so if you do that you should agree on who takes the losses beforehand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users