Quantcast

Photo

Signature of the Week 8 RESULTS

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Poll: Signature of the Week 8 RESULTS (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Best sig?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:05 AM

Kuro can see who has voted for which siggy, and believe me, if there was anything fishy going on, she'd get in touch with a mod and get to the bottom of it. It wouldn't be the first time there have been abnormalities in the vote. Instead of complaining about what a horrible signature number 3 is, you could have contacted someone who matters about your suspicions and air out your grievances in private, instead of, you know, stomping around like a crybaby little bitch in public.

Also, it is just your opinion that number 3 looks like crap. Not everyone shares that opinion. Maybe it didn't take much time or effort, I don't know. I think it's fair to say #1 took VERY little time, but that happens to be MY favorite. We aren't judging on who worked the hardest, we are voting on what is visually appealing to us.

I honestly don't know what to make of this mommy character.
Posted Image

I would also like to remind everyone that creating multiple neocodex accounts is against the rules, and doing so, especially to cheat in a member run competition will result in... uh.. a slap on the hand and suspension for a few days. You will also be disqualified, and word gets around fast here, so everyone would find out that you are a scammer amongst cheaters and you will be publicly shunned. (See Grapes cheating in the Customization Contest) Ask yourself: is a paintbrush on Neopets really worth the shame?

mommy was the person that posted earlier.

#27 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:19 AM

mommy was the person that posted earlier.

Yes, I noticed. That does seem peculiar.

#28 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:55 AM

Kuro can see who has voted for which siggy, and believe me, if there was anything fishy going on, she'd get in touch with a mod and get to the bottom of it.

I can? o.0 I've been trying to figure out how for ages. DX The only way I found was if I made the poll public but then everyone would know who voted what....

As for the nyan cat game (pic somewhere on the first page)....depends. What day was it? I don't memorize my scores...

#29 Jonni

Jonni
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:09 AM

I can? o.0 I've been trying to figure out how for ages. DX The only way I found was if I made the poll public but then everyone would know who voted what....

As for the nyan cat game (pic somewhere on the first page)....depends. What day was it? I don't memorize my scores...

Ask one of the moderators/staff/whatever. Even if you can't see it, they probably can. I can't imagine why someone would bother cheating for one extra vote.

#30 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:13 AM

Ask one of the moderators/staff/whatever. Even if you can't see it, they probably can. I can't imagine why someone would bother cheating for one extra vote.

More like a couple.

#31 Jonni

Jonni
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:15 AM

More like a couple.

Why do you say a couple? 0_o The only "suspicious" thing I see is mommy joining and voting.

#32 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:39 AM

*sigh* I never liked hosting these things.

If it's really bothering you guys I'll contact a mod about it to get some clarification.

#33 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:48 AM

Oh, when I hosted it, I made the results public and watched the votes. But apparently I'm a doofus... I thought I could see them because I was the author of the poll. :(

*sigh* I never liked hosting these things.

Haha it's your own fault for making awesome sigs that win the popular vote. ;)

#34 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:05 PM

That mommy person doesn't seem to be a multiple account of anybody from what I can tell. I can't see who voted for which sig but from the list of users who have viewed that thread it doesn't like like there's any obvious use of multiple accounts to boost votes

Is we all good?

Edited by Kuro, 12 June 2011 - 12:07 PM.

#35 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:20 PM

Way too much drama going on. :|

#36 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:23 PM

I know right? -_-

Here's the list of non-advanced members to view that thread: donaldmax,Louphoria,Neoquest,bluehawaii19,Keil,mommy,Jeb,fruityone,heartrage,cornymikey,Foe,Frank12,EmperoR,Maloo,Arden

Edited by Kuro, 12 June 2011 - 12:25 PM.

#37 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:23 PM

These sigs are serious business, goddammit!!!!!!!!!!!!

#38 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:33 PM

lol XD K. Bad mood settled down a bit there :p

#39 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:37 PM

Mommy and Heartrage joined at around the same times
Cant a mod just look at the IP addresses.

I like number 6 :D

Edited by Rapist, 12 June 2011 - 12:38 PM.

#40 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:41 PM

Mommy and Heartrage joined at around the same times
Cant a mod just look at the IP addresses.

Different IPs, different ISPs, no proxies and different locations.

#41 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:56 PM

Oh then they're just new people at neocodex :3
Honestly 3 doesnt look that bad, its just that the skill needed to make it is less than the other ones

#42 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:18 PM

Jesus, people will get butthurt no matter what with these things, won't they? Back when it was just myself and my partner at the time judging, people would whine and complain that it wasn't fair. Now that people can have public votes you still gotta Q freaking Q when you aren't winning. Wake up, donald, and accept that other people just MIGHT have different tastes than yours. You are not an art god. I, for one, really didn't consider it that bad.

I will say that you are incredibly flawed for thinking that #3 took little to no work in comparison to others. You aren't the artist and you DON'T know that. By the way, I'm sure if anyone actually wanted to use the sig, they could easily change it from "Neocodex" to whoever wanted to use it. They probably thought that adding text would make it look better and I agree. In otherwords, Jonni and I fully agree.

By the way Kuro, please don't worry. You're doing a wonderful job. I know it's a pain in the ass because people often put a lot of work into these and consider them their own artistic expression. It's really easy for people to get offended and jump to conclusions especially if they're not used to critique. You're not liable and this type of drama is nowhere near your fault. All I have to say is thank god there's no more GFX team applications. Hoo boy, if you think this is a pain in the ass...

P.S. if I remember correctly, there was a way to put images inside of the poll. It might make posting these easier for whoever decides to do it.

#43 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:22 PM

Successful drama is successful. Posted Image

#44 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:25 PM

GRAPES? ARE YOU HERE?

#45 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:27 PM

Successful drama is successful. Posted Image

:rolleyes: Yes, because that was your only goal.

#46 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:57 PM

IN all honesty I actually enjoy running these things. The only thing I dislike about it, is that I don't get to make a siggy to enter myself, but meh I've only really won once so I'm not expecting another win. I have a lot of fun making the siggies, but anytime you need a hoster just let me know and I'd be willing to do it.

#47 Map

Map
  • 861 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:33 PM

Hmmm the drama was what drew me here in the first place from the status updates, but I voted before I read the entire thread.

I voted for #3 because it was visually appealing to me. I was debating whether or not I wanted to vote for #2 or #3 but I went with #3 instead because I liked the colors and what was going on. Props to all the entries though! :)

#48 Jeb

Jeb
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:14 PM

Number two, simple and graphically well done.

#49 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:31 PM

Jesus, people need to chill out. Seriously. Its a fucking graphics comp..... not the friggin World Cup! I can see just by looking at 3 that it has had a lot of work put into it. Those that cant, obviously dont have much (if any) graphics producing experience at all. Best of luck to whoever made #3 as I think its very well made. (Even if im not a fan of pink :p ). Lets get on with the comp and vote for who we want to win people.

#50 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:09 PM

IN all honesty I actually enjoy running these things. The only thing I dislike about it, is that I don't get to make a siggy to enter myself, but meh I've only really won once so I'm not expecting another win. I have a lot of fun making the siggies, but anytime you need a hoster just let me know and I'd be willing to do it.

I don't like running it because I don't get to make one, it's a pain going through all my PMs to sort stuff out, who's entering, who's withdrawing, who didn't provide a link so I have to host it myself etc. Plus I hate when I come on to find PMs about "when's the voting for the SotW? It's [insert date here]* Not to mention today where I get randomly PM'ed and cursed at because other people are crying foul on this sig and that sig :/

Sorry. Just bitter today :p On normal days I'll host because that's my duty as the winner of the previous contest and I want to fulfill it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users