Quantcast

Photo

Come play League of Legends with me

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#51 Guest_prizeraker_*

Guest_prizeraker_*

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:39 PM

I was really good at nocturne till he got nerfed, that nerf srsly gimped him imo

#52 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:43 PM

I was really good at nocturne till he got nerfed, that nerf srsly gimped him imo

But that's because Nocturn was like the most OP champion ever. every Nocturn, even if they fed in the beginning, became impossible to kill if the game lasted long enough. You couldn't even flash away from his fear.

Now Nocturne is still quite strong although he's not that overpowered. I still find him extremely annoying in the right hands (i.e. a good jungler who knows how to gank. BAH)

#53 Guest_prizeraker_*

Guest_prizeraker_*

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:47 PM

But that's because Nocturn was like the most OP champion ever. every Nocturn, even if they fed in the beginning, became impossible to kill if the game lasted long enough. You couldn't even flash away from his fear.

Now Nocturne is still quite strong although he's not that overpowered. I still find him extremely annoying in the right hands (i.e. a good jungler who knows how to gank. BAH)

pfsh, he was fine Posted Image

#54 lonewolf

lonewolf
  • 243 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:07 PM

cmon,,,,,we all know LoL has nothing on DotA

#55 Guest_prizeraker_*

Guest_prizeraker_*

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:01 PM

Oh i forgot that xin is one of my favorites, but I'll only play him when im playing with a friend of mine

We do a Xin+alistar combo and we've played over 50 games with that comp in a lane: we still haven't lost a game due to our lane.

every game I manage to get a kill in the first 3 minutes and we end up hard zoning them at around 6 minutes. Then we both get fed atleast 5 kills with no deaths until I have to start roaming or another lane starts failing and alistar or I have to go help them.

#56 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:07 PM

Oh i forgot that xin is one of my favorites, but I'll only play him when im playing with a friend of mine

We do a Xin+alistar combo and we've played over 50 games with that comp in a lane: we still haven't lost a game due to our lane.

every game I manage to get a kill in the first 3 minutes and we end up hard zoning them at around 6 minutes. Then we both get fed atleast 5 kills with no deaths until I have to start roaming or another lane starts failing and alistar or I have to go help them.

I always wanted to try xin :D Is he mostly luck or is he skill? I.e. I've seen some xin's own, and some totally feed :3

#57 Gen

Gen
  • Ye old gen

• 1871 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:08 PM

I feel so ashamed about the game I had with don4prez, because I did a terrible game while he was doing pretty well, plus my game suddenly lagged at the end, making impossible for me to play. Silly gen, always screwing other people's game... I'm sure on the next game I'll do what I can to fix that reputation lol (And I wont be playing as Leona soon lol)

#58 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:10 PM

I feel so ashamed about the game I had with don4prez, because I did a terrible game while he was doing pretty well, plus my game suddenly lagged at the end, making impossible for me to play. Silly gen, always screwing other people's game... I'm sure on the next game I'll do what I can to fix that reputation lol (And I wont be playing as Leona soon lol)

But she's so fun! As long as you know how to skill shot xD

Love love love her, I mighta ctually buy her.

#59 don4prez

don4prez
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:22 PM

hey, no need to feel ashamed :)

we all have good and bad games, there's no reason to beat yourself up over something that you had no control of! we were doing fine early on, unfortunately mid and top weren't doing quite as well as we were.

P.S. - i've accepted everyone that has invited me so far, though it's only been two people thus far! add me people :D

#60 Guest_prizeraker_*

Guest_prizeraker_*

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:58 AM

dont worry, i just failed many times too

soz don lol

#61 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:33 AM

I'm playing right now if anyone else is online (i can wait a bit)

Hurray fixed internet!

#62 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:33 AM

So is there an actual learning curve for this game?

I'm getting tired using Yi, and I can't play tanks for shit. So is there a hero that I can best buy for the buck?

#63 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:36 AM

I'm getting tired using Yi, and I can't play tanks for shit. So is there a hero that I can best buy for the buck?

There are just some champions that are more difficult to play than others. For example Ryze is extremely easy but he's still pretty strong. Some easy champions are weaker but all champions are viable

And some of the more difficult champions aren't even that good; they're just more entertaining to play.

don't buy Kayle haha. If you want someone pretty fun that isn't too expensive, go with Veigar (not too easy), Sion (easy), Nunu (easy) or fiddlesticks (very strong if mastered well)

#64 Guest_prizeraker_*

Guest_prizeraker_*

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:39 AM

yup theres a learning curve

the MOST EASIEST FACEROLL CHAMP is Annie, buy her if you feel as if you need to learn the very very basics of nuking and positioning

then ashe turns out to be everyones training wheels for ranged dps in terms of learning positioning, staying alive while keeping constant damage output, etc

For tanks- Amumu and Alistar are good starters. Cho is good if you can understand that you NEED 6 stacks and can understand how to keep them while being a tank for your team

Edit: Nunu is also easy, hes a hybrid of sorts but easy to play

melee dps- Yi is probably the most basic and easiest, to upgrade from yi i'd try out Jax or Xin. If you try jax, do an ap build

I'm playing right now if anyone else is online (i can wait a bit)

Hurray fixed internet!

I'll be ready to play in like 1.5-2 hrs :(

Edited by prizeraker, 29 July 2011 - 10:41 AM.

#65 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:39 AM

I wouldn't say that Ali or Amumu are easy tanks to learn :o Although actually tanks are probably one of the harder ones to master since it's all about initiating and proper crowd control.

I forgot Annie xD Yeah she's like easiest AP to learn who is still quite strong.

Nunu is a pretty easy tank to learn I think. Although he's a pretty bad tank...

Someone play with me! :(

#66 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:41 AM

There are just some champions that are more difficult to play than others. For example Ryze is extremely easy but he's still pretty strong. Some easy champions are weaker but all champions are viable

And some of the more difficult champions aren't even that good; they're just more entertaining to play.

don't buy Kayle haha. If you want someone pretty fun that isn't too expensive, go with Veigar (not too easy), Sion (easy), Nunu (easy) or fiddlesticks (very strong if mastered well)

I always end up doing great with Malthazar and I tried my friend's Lux (got into his account) and she was fun. Also Annie and that fucking bear also looks like something I wanna try.

Goal at the moment really is to get an all-around feel and familiarity with each class rather than sticking to just one type. I'll probably buy Nunu or fiddlesticks this weekend and see how they play out.

#67 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:43 AM

I always end up doing great with Malthazar and I tried my friend's Lux (got into his account) and she was fun. Also Annie and that fucking bear also looks like something I wanna try.

Goal at the moment really is to get an all-around feel and familiarity with each class rather than sticking to just one type. I'll probably buy Nunu or fiddlesticks this weekend and see how they play out.

Yeah malzahar is a pretty good champ. Easily farmed and good at damage dealing too. Kind of a giant ass pain really.

Well I've expressed my opinion on Lux many times now hurr hurr. I actually used to love Annie but she got bored after like the 50th game :3

I still can't tank. Since I'm so used to being AP I always kite and dart around, which isn't great if you're the tank herp derp.

#68 Guest_prizeraker_*

Guest_prizeraker_*

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:45 AM

I wouldn't say that Ali or Amumu are easy tanks to learn :o Although actually tanks are probably one of the harder ones to master since it's all about initiating and proper crowd control.

I forgot Annie xD Yeah she's like easiest AP to learn who is still quite strong.

Nunu is a pretty easy tank to learn I think. Although he's a pretty bad tank...

Someone play with me! :(

Well Ali has like 2 CC, a heal , and an ability to make him invincible- as far as learning tanks go thats pretty smoooooooth sailing ;)

amumu has despair which helps a lot about learning to stick to targets while tanking- something all tanks should do but forget, the despair makes incentive and desire to do that and learn. skill shot bandages will help with learning skill shots and his ult is fun

#69 Krnsaber

Krnsaber
  • 3583 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:48 AM

Off topic a bit but HoN is now free :p

#70 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:50 AM

Well Ali has like 2 CC, a heal , and an ability to make him invincible- as far as learning tanks go thats pretty smoooooooth sailing ;)

amumu has despair which helps a lot about learning to stick to targets while tanking- something all tanks should do but forget, the despair makes incentive and desire to do that and learn. skill shot bandages will help with learning skill shots and his ult is fun

True Ali has a lot to keep himself alive, but if you're new you're probably like "I DUN WANNA DIE!" so you just run away a lot instead of tanking :p I guess it's true that it's good for learning, but your team might hate you a bit (for both ali and amumu) :p

Off topic a bit but HoN is now free :p

I don't like HoN :/ It's too similar to DotA except that it's very grainy and dark :p

#71 BEEEEWRRYY

BEEEEWRRYY
  • 315 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:00 AM

My IGN is BeeWryy. Add me. I am a newb.

#72 Gen

Gen
  • Ye old gen

• 1871 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:45 AM

Lately I've had a lot of bad games and bad scores, I dont know what has been happening, maybe its just me trying to play with champions that I used to be good and now suck, like malz, jax, vlad(the worse of them, since I used to pwn as vlad),yi and kat (I used to be a beast with kat, but the last game I played as her I did 3/13/10 lol. They had a fed anivia and kog'maw kept ksing a few kills and not doing much after getting fed ._.) and I've also been good with champions I used to suck, like tryndamere and irelia...
I'm about the same with the other champs that I used to be ok, like Lux, Nid, Karma, Nunu and Akali (one of my favorite ones)

#73 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:59 AM

Just lost a 4v5 with katrinas :( Stupid leavers.

We did okay though. Before the final blow I was like 9/4 and Kat was 8/3. Sadly our shen was balls.

#74 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:35 PM

No no no no no no no

Tnaks are not dps. Everyone else should stick to and focus down targets. Tanks should be the person that goes for the person trying to focus down their ap, and forcing him to back down. As a tank, if you focus on just s single target, you will not be doing your job. You do almost no damage late game, but you can disrupt and control the dps when they try and kill your dps. That is your job.

#75 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:04 PM

I need a new champion to learn. As much as I love Lux, I'd literally have to leave a ranked game queue if I weren't able to play her haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users