Come play League of Legends with me

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#151 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:05 PM

Except GP always gets banned in rank (unless something weird goes on). Plus I hate playing OP characters they take little skill. While Pantheon is strong he does take some skill.

The characters I see ban most often on ranked so far have been:

GP
Udyr
Orianna
Annie
Mumu
Soraka

I havent' seen any rammuses or Noct's being banned in a while.

Lol @ the concept of GP not taking skill :p

#152 Pirates

Pirates
  • 302 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:07 PM

*sprays with water*

Bad Bad Bad!

Support does not last hit unless the creep is going to die before someone comes into range.

The professionals suck at building GP :p

If your team is strong and you have the time to farm.

Warmongs + Atmas + Phantom + infinity edge + starks = can 3v1 their team.

If you need to go fast.

Phantom dance + infinity edge = 2-3 shot their carry until about 40 minutes in. Kinda squishy though, so you want to play it safe.

GP is godlike because of his ability to crit on his shot. With infinity edge and 300 attack damage, it can crit for over 1500 damage. The only issue is the range :p

I meant that when I 1v1 them with any character I can outlane the not necessarily support, but my janna did out lane a friend's vayne. I don't play supports when I queue up with my friends though. I've been on their accounts and some of them are -50 W/L. I don't really trust them to play any carries, so I just use one of the ap carries I'm sorta okay at and play them. AP Alistar <3 till the nerf </3

#153 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:08 PM

Lol @ the concept of GP not taking skill :p

I own him and played him. It's just so... easy. It's not as easy as Annie, but he's definitely not a difficult champion... especially with his new buff. W is just sooooooooooooo annoying.

#154 Pirates

Pirates
  • 302 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:13 PM

Except GP always gets banned in rank (unless something weird goes on). Plus I hate playing OP characters they take little skill. While Pantheon is strong he does take some skill.

The characters I see ban most often on ranked so far have been:

GP
Udyr
Orianna
Annie
Mumu
Soraka

I havent' seen any rammuses or Noct's being banned in a while.

When I played ranked it was during the Eve roaming "OP" I never really thought she was OP, but I didn't think my allies could really deal with her. Every normal game I had always stomped her because I obsessively track her down until she becomes useless. Annie didn't really need her buffs, but she still gets outlane by almost every single mid because her range is absolute crap. :/

#155 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:21 PM

I own him and played him. It's just so... easy. It's not as easy as Annie, but he's definitely not a difficult champion... especially with his new buff. W is just sooooooooooooo annoying.

The harder your opponent, the harder he is to play. Chogath is a pain for me to lane against. And I hate people that use his w for more then cleaning cc. Building spirit visage is really stupid. Q and E should be priority, then your w. I see hundreds of disappointing gp's, that make me wonder how he is ever banned.

When I played ranked it was during the Eve roaming "OP" I never really thought she was OP, but I didn't think my allies could really deal with her. Every normal game I had always stomped her because I obsessively track her down until she becomes useless. Annie didn't really need her buffs, but she still gets outlane by almost every single mid because her range is absolute crap. :/

Eve was never that op. She was godlike agains people who cann't grasp the basic concepts of the game. They don't know any of the anti stealth items. They don't get how to see if eve is mia and NOT PUSH THEIR LANE. In the lower elo's the number one thing that everyone wants to do is push push push push, with auto attacks. So they are all the way at other teams tower when eve shows up, and they obviously die.

Eve was countered 120% of the time in the professional games. I've never seen her do any good at all. Especially given that 1 person always has an oracles after 10 minutes.

#156 Pirates

Pirates
  • 302 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:32 PM

The harder your opponent, the harder he is to play. Chogath is a pain for me to lane against. And I hate people that use his w for more then cleaning cc. Building spirit visage is really stupid. Q and E should be priority, then your w. I see hundreds of disappointing gp's, that make me wonder how he is ever banned.

Eve was never that op. She was godlike agains people who cann't grasp the basic concepts of the game. They don't know any of the anti stealth items. They don't get how to see if eve is mia and NOT PUSH THEIR LANE. In the lower elo's the number one thing that everyone wants to do is push push push push, with auto attacks. So they are all the way at other teams tower when eve shows up, and they obviously die.

Eve was countered 120% of the time in the professional games. I've never seen her do any good at all. Especially given that 1 person always has an oracles after 10 minutes.

Eve gave a zone effect when she was mia. Eve was still effective at higher levels play because she could put a lane in her team's favor, so not necessarily only strong in low Elos. She probably just got more kills in low Elo than high Elos. Eve became rather ineffective after everyone switched to support + ad carry because most of the time its a 1v2 lane that is going to get crazy zoned out and unable to help eve do a successful gank. Professional teams have communication which makes ineffective already, but she was definitely a pubstomper if she wasn't kept track of.
I loved the shift to ad carry + support lane because I don't have to beg the AD carry on my team to come lane with me~

#157 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:05 PM

Played an awesome ranked game o.o their Lee sin was amazing. Their brand was decent, thus he killed everyone because he's brand.

We had 2 towers down on all sides, except mid that had mid tower +inhib down. They got Baron and decided to backdoor the inhib when it went back up.

We chased them out, aced them, destroyed an inhib, two nexus turrents and won the game. They were all up by the time we got to nexus turret. We ignored them and went for the nexus and only 1 person was left by the time the nexus was destroyed (with like 500 health O.o).

Kind of a slap in the face since they fucked up but had they been able to have the nexus even have 50 health they would have won. *phew*.

Sadly on 35 ELO. bah.

#158 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:46 PM

Played an awesome ranked game o.o their Lee sin was amazing. Their brand was decent, thus he killed everyone because he's brand.

We had 2 towers down on all sides, except mid that had mid tower +inhib down. They got Baron and decided to backdoor the inhib when it went back up.

We chased them out, aced them, destroyed an inhib, two nexus turrents and won the game. They were all up by the time we got to nexus turret. We ignored them and went for the nexus and only 1 person was left by the time the nexus was destroyed (with like 500 health O.o).

Kind of a slap in the face since they fucked up but had they been able to have the nexus even have 50 health they would have won. *phew*.

Sadly on 35 ELO. bah.

Yeah. Its always nice when the other team fucks up and you win. Its pretty awesome that no matter how bad the game looks, one ace can turn everything around.

#159 tutfisken

tutfisken
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:46 PM

Do you still need help? I play in Europe east...

#160 Gen

Gen
  • Ye old gen

• 1871 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:14 PM

Yeah. Its always nice when the other team fucks up and you win. Its pretty awesome that no matter how bad the game looks, one ace can turn everything around.

Did that today on a duo-queue with my friend. I was lux and he was pantheon, we were doing fine, but the rest of the team fed them really hard and gp went like "you suck, gg" while getting in the middle of 2 of them alone with his weird build. He tried to surrender, but I said "I never lose ranked as lux, fuck surrender!", so I voted no, same for my friend. We kept doing that even thought the other team was winning easily. Then, I've no clue on how or why, we just started to kill all of them, we aced them 1-2 times, they started to win back, we suddenly twisted the game again, and won lol. I'm 4-0 with Lux on ranked thanks to Boggart's build lol

#161 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:18 PM

Did that today on a duo-queue with my friend. I was lux and he was pantheon, we were doing fine, but the rest of the team fed them really hard and gp went like "you suck, gg" while getting in the middle of 2 of them alone with his weird build. He tried to surrender, but I said "I never lose ranked as lux, fuck surrender!", so I voted no, same for my friend. We kept doing that even thought the other team was winning easily. Then, I've no clue on how or why, we just started to kill all of them, we aced them 1-2 times, they started to win back, we suddenly twisted the game again, and won lol. I'm 4-0 with Lux on ranked thanks to Boggart's build lol

Coudln't play at all today D: Stupid internet

I have only lost as lux ranked once. My team fucking suuuucked. They just blew even though we're all supposed to be 1400+ ELO. Like they were horrible. AGH.

#162 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:26 PM

Just played a ranked (as lux of course since ori was banned) and the loser team said:

"I can't believe I was outlaned by a lux with clarity. Wtf".

Pssh, my build is weird, but it works ^_^

#163 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:52 PM

I'm trying to learn Renek and for some reason I am utterly failing at it. I see other Renek's and they never die, but I just die so quick QQ

yet nasus was like the easiest champ to learn ever haha

#164 Guest_prizeraker_*

Guest_prizeraker_*

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:02 AM

I'm trying to learn Renek and for some reason I am utterly failing at it. I see other Renek's and they never die, but I just die so quick QQ

yet nasus was like the easiest champ to learn ever haha

I IMMEDIATELY REGRETTED BUYING RENEK AFTER I PLAYED HIM :(

caps for that special x-tra emphasis. I got the impression renek could be a good melee carry but nuuuuuuuuuu. He is not. Hes like an annoying offtank which I think contributes less than a whole tank or a whole tanky dps

Also has anyone tried dominion? I dont like it :(
The game is too volatile, one team can start off really good and get the other team to 1 nexus health, and then the other team could very possibly win the game by shutting out the other team. Its as if there were no reward at all for skill, every encounter has to be treated like a level 1 vs level 1 fight. I guess its refreshing that you have to stay on your toes but its super annoying when I could get the first 4 kills of the game and then get in a 2v1 and drop like a fly.

#165 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:50 AM

I like Dominion since it's rather short. I played like 3 game in less than an hour. But the playstyle I don't like as much as the regular versions. More focused on being quick and moving over killing enemy champions. Lux is a good defender so I'm not complaining that my champ sucks at it, but I still prefer the standard moving while killing people style xD

Rammus is sooooooooo OP.

I had a team with malz and nasus. Useless. So useless.

#166 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:02 AM

I like Dominion since it's rather short. I played like 3 game in less than an hour. But the playstyle I don't like as much as the regular versions. More focused on being quick and moving over killing enemy champions. Lux is a good defender so I'm not complaining that my champ sucks at it, but I still prefer the standard moving while killing people style xD

Rammus is sooooooooo OP.

I'm still very unsure about dominion.

I think it serves a niche part. Don't want to play a 45 minute game? You can play a 30-45 minute 3v3, or a 20-30 minute dominion game. It reminds me -alot- of playing AB. but at the same time, its no where near as competitive as 5v5's are. This seems like a game that needs a large amount of team coordination, something that LoL is notoriously terrible. I feel as though playing this game will make me rage quit for a year while shaco backdoors everything while my team tries 5v4 fighting for a year.

It also worries me -alot- about balance. This map and play style is 100% different then on a 5v5. How will they keep things balanced? I would hate more then anything for them to nerf champions on Dominion, and make them useless on a 5v5 game.

#167 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:09 AM

It's true though; the difference in 5v5 was bad enough on 3v3 for some champs. Some champions are just ridiculously stupid on dominion. Nasus can't do shit since he can't farm for his Q since minions do shit all in dominion. You don't even attack them. Champions like rammus with increased speed as well as AOE's are way too good.

Maybe they'll buff/nerf champions for different games...? Like buff Nasus' Q on dominion but keep it the same on 5v5? Iunno.

I get very frustrated when I go to defend a control point and my team just follows me instead of defending the others. I can 1v1 vs. any champion assuming I still have the turret and I can guard up to 3 control points for a short amount of time. I'm attributing it to the fact that a lot of people were playing it for the first time, but I think I'll stick to 5v5 if things don't change.

#168 Guest_prizeraker_*

Guest_prizeraker_*

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:33 AM

Rammus is sooooooooo OP.

I hate rammus on the dominion map, he is completely broken on it. He can 1v1 anyone

I'm still very unsure about dominion.

I think it serves a niche part. Don't want to play a 45 minute game? You can play a 30-45 minute 3v3, or a 20-30 minute dominion game. It reminds me -alot- of playing AB. but at the same time, its no where near as competitive as 5v5's are. This seems like a game that needs a large amount of team coordination, something that LoL is notoriously terrible. I feel as though playing this game will make me rage quit for a year while shaco backdoors everything while my team tries 5v4 fighting for a year.

It also worries me -alot- about balance. This map and play style is 100% different then on a 5v5. How will they keep things balanced? I would hate more then anything for them to nerf champions on Dominion, and make them useless on a 5v5 game.

the champion balance on dominion doesnt exist :D
Plus you're right about people being completely stupid about how to proceed in a given situation:
3 enemy players at bottom cap point ---> 4 people rush there ----> leave me alone defending while 2 people come in and take all the points

Edited by prizeraker, 23 September 2011 - 08:35 AM.

#169 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:20 AM

It's true though; the difference in 5v5 was bad enough on 3v3 for some champs. Some champions are just ridiculously stupid on dominion. Nasus can't do shit since he can't farm for his Q since minions do shit all in dominion. You don't even attack them. Champions like rammus with increased speed as well as AOE's are way too good.

Maybe they'll buff/nerf champions for different games...? Like buff Nasus' Q on dominion but keep it the same on 5v5? Iunno.

I get very frustrated when I go to defend a control point and my team just follows me instead of defending the others. I can 1v1 vs. any champion assuming I still have the turret and I can guard up to 3 control points for a short amount of time. I'm attributing it to the fact that a lot of people were playing it for the first time, but I think I'll stick to 5v5 if things don't change.

that would leave them with two completely trees for balance and they already suck massively at balancing champions on 5b5's, I fail to see them being able to balance two different tree's at the same time.

I would rather they took the same approach they did with 3v3's. Say fuck it, and let people learn to ban :p

I hate rammus on the dominion map, he is completely broken on it. He can 1v1 anyone

the champion balance on dominion doesnt exist :D
Plus you're right about people being completely stupid about how to proceed in a given situation:
3 enemy players at bottom cap point ---> 4 people rush there ----> leave me alone defending while 2 people come in and take all the points

I've never had a problem with rammus. A good singed pretty much rapes you though :p

He can hold a point for ages thanks to his poison.

People don't understand how to take a defended tower. You have to push minions. While you keep champions busy, you just have to let the minions hit the tower until its taken.

#170 Pokemon99

Pokemon99
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

Forgive me for reviving a dead thread, but my IGN is pokymon99

Feel free to add me, I'm 1150 elo approximately and i'm looking for people to duo with so I can raise my elo.

#171 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

Forgive me for reviving a dead thread, but my IGN is pokymon99

Feel free to add me, I'm 1150 elo approximately and i'm looking for people to duo with so I can raise my elo.

10 More feeding teams and I'll match you in elo :p

#172 Progoo3

Progoo3
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:07 AM

I am still level 24.. My main is Singed and only Singed :3

#173 darkwizard

darkwizard
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

Thought some people here might enjoy this. :)

#174 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

Uhhh, I'm at a terrible elo, but I can carry like a boss when the time comes.

Nick:UnseenThing

Edited by Unseen, 17 April 2012 - 08:39 PM.

#175 Progoo3

Progoo3
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

Dyrus sounds..

low

low

low

low

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users