Abrosia addition

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 elkid27

elkid27
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:28 PM

I was thinking at least for advanced members allow a check while running Abrosia to see how many other people are running abrosia in the shop. This would all be anonymous of course just a simple count of like currently in this shop there are X number of advanced members or X number of basic members using Abrosia in this shop. This would allow members to decide which shops they want to buy in and help cut down on unnecessary competition. I know if I have multiple shop lists I have no problem using if I know that in one shop theres 20 people buying and in another only 1, I'm going to the shop with only one.

#2 Darkthrone

Darkthrone
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:39 PM

I was thinking about this the other day, I would really like to see a feature like this. Along the lines of XXX number of Abrosia's running XX in this shop and maybe a feature showing which shops have the least buyers in.

#3 Jaws

Jaws
  • 538 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:16 PM

Well it would be kind of pointless really, even if it's for advanced members you will start going to less popular shops... but so will everyone else in a way that you will need to constantly swap stores.
But it depends I actually don't know how many people that are advanced use the Abrosia, if the number is low this could actually work

#4 Blackout

Blackout
  • 411 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:38 PM

This would be pointless. 90% of people AB in the same shops everyday.

But I also fear this would ruin alot of shops for us too.

#5 elkid27

elkid27
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:05 PM

I fail to see how this would ruin shops. It would be a nice piece of information to have. For example, in the guide Scot wrote on how he made his money with AB he said he used a couple of stores to mainly do his restocking. I too have a couple of lists that I like to use so if before I hit start for a two hour restock run if I knew in my three favorite spots that one of them happened to be saturated with program users at that point I might wanna switch over to another one of my lists.

If you could elaborate on why this function would ruin shops maybe I'd see your point, but as far as I see the idea, it would be nice statistic to use to make an informed decision on where I restock for the day.

#6 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:09 PM

The biggest concern that I see is if someone as to use the reporting feature to catch people who are currently in a shop.

If we report 20 people in a shop, and tnt sees only 20 people in a shop....

#7 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:15 AM

There's no point really. You'd only be able to count the people using Abrosia. There are other ABers out there that you wouldnt be able to count and lets not forget the people who are restocking manually (or with scripts).

Percentages also wont be much safer since we can tell how many people are using Abrosia through the ItemDB (currently 188), it'll just give a range.

#8 elkid27

elkid27
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:38 AM

Or go one step further and instead of percentage use an adjective. Have the programmer make it such that if theres 0-X% of users in a single shop say its few and if theres X-100% of users in one shop call it saturated. That way the only person who really knows the exact percent is the programmer but we are still given some sort of idea of how many other neocodexians are in the same shop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users