• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#26 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:04 AM

I've been running Abrosia for a while, too, and I'm not even getting missed messages from the Attic, which is kinda weird. :L
edit to clarify: because I usually have a whole ton of them after a few hours. xD

I love the "how many users in this shop" counter though! really useful for picking a shop to minimise missed messages.

I have had this same problem with the Attic. Shame because it could be quite profitable, but I don't get any messages at all, not even missed ones. Hopefully the update will fix this :)

I have already noticed that the color-coding adds another level of complexity to choosing my shops. I second-guess myself when picking them when I used to just waltz right in. I'll get over it once the new wears off though ;)

#27 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:57 AM

you say that attic goes to designated times...well i had it running for 3 hours and i have recently been watching the tpending times..and the aber is not even refreshing in the attic

I've been running Abrosia for a while, too, and I'm not even getting missed messages from the Attic, which is kinda weird. :L
edit to clarify: because I usually have a whole ton of them after a few hours. xD

I have had this same problem with the Attic. Shame because it could be quite profitable, but I don't get any messages at all, not even missed ones. Hopefully the update will fix this :)

Can you check if the time displayed in the bottom-right corner is correct? Also, which time zone are you all in?

#28 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:02 AM

Can you check if the time displayed in the bottom-right corner is correct? Also, which time zone are you all in?

Mine is not synchronized, it's averaging 2-3 seconds fast versus the Neopets clock. I am in US CST.

Edited by nymh, 06 October 2011 - 07:03 AM.

#29 Alyss

Alyss
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:03 AM

Mine is a bit fast too. I'm in GMT+8.

#30 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:04 AM

The hour on there is right though? Can you try changing your system time to PST (the same as NST) and seeing if it sees any items then?

#31 Alyss

Alyss
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:11 AM

Yup, the hour is right. I'll try that now ^^

#32 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:19 AM

The hour on there is right though? Can you try changing your system time to PST (the same as NST) and seeing if it sees any items then?

Will try. If that doesn't help I plan to try tweaking the attic timing in my settings back a few seconds to compensate. Will report back later today :) Do you prefer I report here or elsewhere?

#33 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:21 AM

Will try. If that doesn't help I plan to try tweaking the attic timing in my settings back a few seconds to compensate. Will report back later today :) Do you prefer I report here or elsewhere?

Just do it here. I think I know what the problem is, just need confirmation.

#34 Robert

Robert
  • 6934 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:31 AM

Just do it here. I think I know what the problem is, just need confirmation.

Clever Waser :D

#35 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:35 AM

Clever Waser :D

I wrote the initial algorithm for the attic timing so I know that it works fine, it's the implementation which seems to have been done wrong (and apparently it was never tested by the Beta Testers for some reason). :p I'm going to guess that it works fine when the user has PST as their system time.

#36 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:48 AM

I just compared when Abrosia says it is visiting the attic to http://www.sunnyneo.com/attictimer/ and it appears to be visiting one minute premature to the actual restock time.

#37 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:55 AM

I just compared when Abrosia says it is visiting the attic to http://www.sunnyneo.com/attictimer/ and it appears to be visiting one minute premature to the actual restock time.

I just changed my system time to PST (to match NST) and it detected the correct attic restock time so it's definitely not the algorithm but I'm pretty sure what it is so it should be simple enough to fix.

#38 Zippy

Zippy
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:06 AM

so if i change my computers time to NST time then it should go when attic goed? bc attic just went and aber didnt even pick it up or refresh

#39 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:07 AM

so if i change my computers time to NST time then it should go when attic goed? bc attic just went and aber didnt even pick it up or refresh

Theoretically it should work if your system time is the same as NST as a workaround until it's fixed properly. You might need to adjust your seconds slightly too.

#40 Alyss

Alyss
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:09 AM

Hmmm, I just checked and mine is refreshing a minute earlier than predicted as well.
I changed my system time to PST before. :L

#41 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:10 AM

I just changed my system time to PST (to match NST) and it detected the correct attic restock time so it's definitely not the algorithm but I'm pretty sure what it is so it should be simple enough to fix.

My previous post was after changing system time to PST, but I restarted Abrosia and it seems to have synced up now.

Edit: I restarted the Program Manager.

Edited by nymh, 06 October 2011 - 08:16 AM.

#42 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:12 AM

My previous post was after changing system time to PST, but I restarted Abrosia and it seems to have synced up now.

So it's refreshing at the right time with your system time on PST now?

#43 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:24 AM

So it's refreshing at the right time with your system time on PST now?

Yes. I wanted to wait for another stock time to confirm, and it is still synced up while my system time is set to PST.

#44 Alyss

Alyss
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:29 AM

Hmm, thats odd. I restarted the program manager + Abrosia, twice, and the attic refresh time was still 1 minute too early, both times I tried. o__O

#45 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:30 AM

Hmm, thats odd. I restarted the program manager + Abrosia, twice, and the attic refresh time was still 1 minute too early, both times I tried. o__O

Does your system time match up to NST on the site?

#46 Alyss

Alyss
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:33 AM

Actually, its about half a minute off. o__O
I'll change it to match perfectly and try again. ^^

edit: Awesome, it works now. Thanks (:

Edited by Alyss, 06 October 2011 - 08:37 AM.

#47 wtfints

wtfints
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:47 AM

Just wondering,

cause i usually on multiple abrosia at once. with the new abrosia, it seems like its using up more CPU usage. is it true?

also regarding the user per shop function, for example, if i use many accounts to ab in the same shop, it will show up as one user or multiple user?

#48 inima

inima
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:59 AM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO love new Program

#49 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:51 AM

The attic timing issue should be fixed in the next few minutes, make sure to restart your Program Manager to get the new version.

#50 Musician

Musician
  • 669 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:02 AM

The attic timing issue should be fixed in the next few minutes, make sure to restart your Program Manager to get the new version.

I wish my account is old enough to use the Attic.
Soon, soon...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users