Photo

Post Count Help

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 willy101

willy101
  • 337 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:35 AM

I feel like not all the post I make count to my total. I don't post in the chit-chat forum so I don't think that's the issue, but sometimes I make a post or a topic but my total doesn't go up. Is this a common issue?

#2 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:39 AM

Some sections don't contribute to your post count, it's not a bug.

#3 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:39 AM

^ waser beat me. x.x

Posted Image

#4 willy101

willy101
  • 337 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:43 AM

Hmm than might I add a suggestion that those forums should be clearly marked in the description? Just a thought. I had no idea until today that entertainment didn't count.

#5 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:52 AM

Hmm than might I add a suggestion that those forums should be clearly marked in the description? Just a thought. I had no idea until today that entertainment didn't count.

Why would it matter?

#6 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:24 AM

Why would it matter?

I want my posts to count, dammit! I want to avoid all the places where they don't count.

#7 Asakura

Asakura
  • 703 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:22 AM

I want my posts to count, dammit! I want to avoid all the places where they don't count.

^^^

#8 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:28 AM

e-peen grows

#9 willy101

willy101
  • 337 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:58 AM

guess that's the only incentive now i thought i could still get advanced membership from 500 posts... sigh

#10 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:33 AM

guess that's the only incentive now i thought i could still get advanced membership from 500 posts... sigh

You can still get advanced by being super awesome! :)

#11 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:40 AM

You can.

I'm so sick of this fucking "I can't get advanced by making 500 posts?" bullshit.

Here are the steps

1)Post 500 times without spamming
2)Forum members vote if you spammed or not
3)Get advanced

Simply post until you reach 500 and then ask someone to make you a topic. If you are not a spammer, or a troll, your guaranteed to get in.

#12 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:08 PM

You can.

I'm so sick of this fucking "I can't get advanced by making 500 posts?" bullshit.

Here are the steps

3)Get advanced

Simply post until you reach 500 and then ask someone to make you a topic. If you are not a spammer, or a troll, your guaranteed to get in.

You can't complain tbh. If you expect people to make 500 real posts, they go ahead and attempt it and find out most of what they posted didn't count, they're bound to be pissed off.

#13 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:45 PM

You can't complain tbh. If you expect people to make 500 real posts, they go ahead and attempt it and find out most of what they posted didn't count, they're bound to be pissed off.

So, I can't have any say at all how my hard work in applied? I'm expected to just give anyone who types a few words free access to hours of work? I was unaware of this >.>

#14 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:52 PM

So, I can't have any say at all how my hard work in applied? I'm expected to just give anyone who types a few words free access to hours of work? I was unaware of this >.>

Read it again, you totally missed the point. Your rules:

3)Get advanced

I'm saying that if people try to follow rule 1 and find out the posts they've been making as required by you counted for nothing, they're bound to be a bit pissed.

#15 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:55 PM

3)Get advanced

I'm saying that if people try to follow rule 1 and find out the posts they've been making as required by you counted for nothing, they're bound to be a bit pissed.

The only places where posts don't count toward your post count are areas in which the posts tend to be 'spam-like' such as the Trading Post and Chit-Chat so it's not really an issue.

#16 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:10 PM

3)Get advanced

There are only 3 places that do not increase post count.

Introductions: Saying hi to someone does not contribute to the site, and thus you shouldn't expect free posts for greeting people. That's just being nice.
Chit-chat: Exists entirely so you can spam about random stuff because you are bored
Trading: This benefits you, not the site. Should you been given full access to programs because you sold things (That you probably got from the programs) and posted 'pm me' or 'bump'

And my complaint was 100% on the fact that he was complaining about not being able to get advanced from 500 posts. The system is exactly the same as before, except the community has a say in it. Its not hard to get in (Only one person has been denied, and he deserved it)

#17 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:10 PM

The only places where posts don't count toward your post count are areas in which the posts tend to be 'spam-like' such as the Trading Post and Chit-Chat so it's not really an issue.

Yeah I'm not saying it should be changed or anything. People who are here purely to get advanced for the programs will naturally go to places like chit-chat to get the posts and some will find out a while later that it didn't count. For the people that want the programs (I mean that's what codex is) it'd be annoying. Was just a response to argue's post "im sick of people saying they cant get 500 posts" thing, tis all.

#18 willy101

willy101
  • 337 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:42 PM

Yeah I'm not saying it should be changed or anything. People who are here purely to get advanced for the programs will naturally go to places like chit-chat to get the posts and some will find out a while later that it didn't count. For the people that want the programs (I mean that's what codex is) it'd be annoying. Was just a response to argue's post "im sick of people saying they cant get 500 posts" thing, tis all.

both of you guys make valid points and all but can you guys check if posts in entertainment have counted for you? i dont think they've been working for me

#19 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:53 PM

The point is to make a contribution to the community...

#20 willy101

willy101
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:27 AM

The point is to make a contribution to the community...

I understand that and Im willing to make that contribution but I'm wondering why the entertainment section is considered "spammy." It at the very least seems better than intro and chit chat in terms of post content. I think that people don't post on entertainment as much BECAUSE posts made there aren't rewarded.

#21 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:29 AM

I understand that and Im willing to make that contribution but I'm wondering why the entertainment section is considered "spammy." It at the very least seems better than intro and chit chat in terms of post content. I think that people don't post on entertainment as much BECAUSE posts made there aren't rewarded.

No, people don't post as much because they're failing at having conversations. It's "Who is your favorite guitarist" (which is an AWESOME topic I love) and people are just like, "Jimmy Page" and say nothing else. They don't comment on anyone else's favorite. They don't say he's the best because of his cool rock and roll hair. People just enter threads and say "I hate Bieber, he's a fag" and leave. So the discussion stops. It happens too often that people new and old will go into a thread, post their opinion, but not engage anyone else involved in the conversation.

Anyway, I believe the posts in General Entertainment count on the forum. I just haven't noticed because I don't give a shit.

Post count really doesn't matter. If your posts are worthwhile or you have a great personality, people who can vote you into advanced will notice sooner or later. But knowing that you're only socializing with us to get to the advanced features of the programs is kinda a bummer. *writes this down* We have voted people Advanced who didn't have 500 posts, but they were clearly badass mofos who make their love for Neocodex obvious through attitude and actions.

If anyone ever pms me to create a voting thread for them, I will gladly do so, since apparently that's like a new thing that is okay to do. But know that I'll start the thread off like, "This stupid piece of shit mutherfucker asshole had the nerve to ask me to make this thread for them. I'm voting no, because the request alone makes me hate them." Then I'll insert an angry gif. Maybe one with trannies. Like this one.
Posted Image

#22 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:33 AM

No, people don't post as much because they're failing at having conversations. It's "Who is your favorite guitarist" (which is an AWESOME topic I love) and people are just like, "Jimmy Page" and say nothing else. They don't comment on anyone else's favorite. They don't say he's the best because of his cool rock and roll hair. People just enter threads and say "I hate Bieber, he's a fag" and leave. So the discussion stops. It happens too often that people new and old will go into a thread, post their opinion, but not engage anyone else involved in the conversation.

Anyway, I believe the posts in General Entertainment count on the forum. I just haven't noticed because I don't give a shit.

Post count really doesn't matter. If your posts are worthwhile or you have a great personality, people who can vote you into advanced will notice sooner or later. But knowing that you're only socializing with us to get to the advanced features of the programs is kinda a bummer. *writes this down* We have voted people Advanced who didn't have 500 posts, but they were clearly badass mofos who make their love for Neocodex obvious through attitude and actions.

If anyone ever pms me to create a voting thread for them, I will gladly do so, since apparently that's like a new thing that is okay to do. But know that I'll start the thread off like, "This stupid piece of shit mutherfucker asshole had the nerve to ask me to make this thread for them. I'm voting no, because the request alone makes me hate them." Then I'll insert an angry gif. Maybe one with trannies. Like this one.
Posted Image

I like Jimmy Page.

#23 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:38 AM

I mean.. you know... I... come on. At least mention the hair. Or that one video he did with Puff Daddy.

#24 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:38 AM

I mean.. you know... I... come on. At least mention the hair. Or that one video he did with Puff Daddy.

I don't like Puff Daddy.

#25 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:39 AM

Me neither.
*thread dies*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users