• Please log in to reply
995 replies to this topic

#801 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2014 - 05:00 PM

If it's buyable on the swiz, the price will automatically update within a few days.

Red Lupe Scarf: ~8.000 NP
Bori Wool Cape: ~10.000 NP
Lutari Rogue Armour: ~14.000 NP

This has been stated over and over in the thread....

#802 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:03 PM

Maybe we could put it in giant red letters at the top of the first post? 

#803 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:28 PM

I don't use the autopricer as I like to manually enter my prices. I do this to find the lowest possible price and to see what the prices are like in my name division. Maybe others do this too. I think people just want to make the prices up to date as soon as possible so the profit is accurate. I've gotten big discrepancies sometimes and it may be a little frustrating for some.

Is there something we can do that isn't spamming this thread that will help?

#804 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:38 PM

I don't use the autopricer as I like to manually enter my prices. I do this to find the lowest possible price and to see what the prices are like in my name division. Maybe others do this too. I think people just want to make the prices up to date as soon as possible so the profit is accurate. I've gotten big discrepancies sometimes and it may be a little frustrating for some.

You would have to ask @Pyro699 about that as I have no idea how they set up the system I'm afraid :(

#805 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:11 AM

The database prices are an estimate of average of the lowest prices on the shop wizard, they aren't the very lowest price which an item sells for because it's just not practical to do that. Consider it like an index.

#806 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:48 PM

I know how we all repeatedly say that the database will automatically update buyable items, but right now the economy is moving quite rapidly due to the Charity Corner event. It is frustrating to see hundreds of items go up in price by a large amount, and it takes he database a week to update that.

My proposition is to allow manual pricing of buyable items while still retaining the automatic updates. This way, price swings of popular items can be reflected immediately. To prevent abuse of the system, you could make it so people with 1000+ posts or something can edit buyable item prices. Now, I have no idea how the system currently works, and how hard it would be to implement it. Just my two cents.

@Pyro699 @Waser Lave @ShadowLink64 thoughts? Is this possible?

#807 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2014 - 05:24 PM

Going off what nitro said, clothes don't restock as often so the pricing information may never be up to date depending on who's ABing at those times. I mainly restock in the clothes shop, now food sometimes. The prices for clothing depreciate quickly so manual, up to date information might be helpful so we can expect the profit to be at least close to what's listed.

For example, Sweet Vandagyre Dress is still Unpriced but there are a lot of listings now on the SW.

Of course going with the lowest price doesn't make sense for the database, I just do that to move items faster since my shop isn't huge and I don't have a ton of money to invest in items to sit in stock.

Edited by MC10, 28 December 2014 - 05:25 PM.

#808 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:25 PM

@Pyro699 @Waser Lave @ShadowLink64 thoughts? Is this possible?

It is definitely possible, since we currently allow people to change the price of unbuyables. We've always argued that our system should be able to catch price swings if designed properly, so maybe there is a better way to code the automated pricing before having to depend on people? Less averaging? I think we might actually be doing too much averaging in some cases.

#809 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:52 PM

I also motion to be able to price buyable items for advanced+ and above. I don't really see a point in it being restricted. Also because I don't use the neoAP on our client all the time.

EDIT: I also don't mind manual pricing because I always look up every item that Abrosia has purchased in our database just to see statistics on it.

Edited by Lucian, 28 December 2014 - 08:53 PM.

#810 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:44 PM

It is definitely possible, since we currently allow people to change the price of unbuyables. We've always argued that our system should be able to catch price swings if designed properly, so maybe there is a better way to code the automated pricing before having to depend on people? Less averaging? I think we might actually be doing too much averaging in some cases.

Maybe a button in the item database which enables a faster reprice by increasing the weighting for that item in the pricing queue for a certain period of time? Less averaging might lead to lower price accuracy. :/

I also motion to be able to price buyable items for advanced+ and above. I don't really see a point in it being restricted. Also because I don't use the neoAP on our client all the time.

EDIT: I also don't mind manual pricing because I always look up every item that Abrosia has purchased in our database just to see statistics on it.

I trust our system a lot more than I trust a lot of our members to get it right.

#811 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:55 PM

Maybe a button in the item database which enables a faster reprice by increasing the weighting for that item in the pricing queue for a certain period of time? Less averaging might lead to lower price accuracy. :/

I trust our system a lot more than I trust a lot of our members to get it right.

I wonder if we should study the behaviour of our prices by gathering more statistics (standard deviation, availability, etc.) 

I suspect that the standard deviation of the prices varies quite wildly by item. For the items with very large SDs, more averaging may be necessary (as well as enabling editing). For items with very small SDs, the price variations are much more stable. Less averaging, and no human intervention would be needed for those.

#812 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:04 PM

It's time to start believing in our community Waser. WE CAN BRING CHANGE!

Spoiler

#813 w0nderwall

w0nderwall
  • 568 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:27 PM

I actually really like the idea of manually pricing buyable items. Because of the extra rows in shops, prices have been swinging violently over the past week. I've found that some estimates are off by half of the item's value at times ( ie: estimated 90k but sells for 40k ). I manually price my shop anyway, so it would help to be able to manually update database prices to immediately help people buying in those shops, too.

#814 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:08 PM

Sharky Skateboard

Rarity: 101 -> 84

#815 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:33 PM

There are a few ideas that we could defiantly do for this. I am currently on vacation, but will be home tomorrow - however i have a lot of work to catch up on. I can chat on irc for those that want to bounce around ideas.

#816 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:17 PM

Yeah, but it's not working, mate :p

Brightvale Gong - 9k (It has been like a month in THAT shop) / 15k

DB: 90k

#817 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:26 PM

Yeah, but it's not working, mate :p

Brightvale Gong - 9k (It has been like a month in THAT shop) / 15k

DB: 90k

If you looked at the other replies AFTER mine, you would see that the guys are working on a fix, mate. ;)

#818 Fayesan

Fayesan
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:28 AM

I am really sorry if there is an easily found thread for this but i keep comming across items that are priced at unknown and i would like to know why they are like that and is there a way i could help get those items priced? i dont think they are all unbuyable. 

#819 Nicita

Nicita
  • 32 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:14 AM

Question: How do you guys price unbuyables? When an item is a buyable unbuyable (i.e. priced 99999 when worth 200k+) and it is spotted once in shops, after that when it's searched again & comes up unbuyable, does it update? I've been running into a lot of r99s that are marked as <100k with one sole price tag from 2010-2012 which are still marked as buyable even though they've long since been unbuyable..

I'm running through @juvian & my database for our own personal use to update our unbuyable prices and am just jotting down some of the most notable differences. I only check JN or the NeoCodex db if the trading post isn't informative enough. Today I went through gourmets & restockable battledome items, and these stand out. There were many more, however, and I hardly even checked all of the items I priced against your database, insinuating there are more still.

Onion and Mustard Pie:Buyable
I don't really have a suggestion as to what price it -should- be, perhaps anywhere between 700k and 3m, but it's definitely not buyable (it's r99).

Mummified Hot Dog:250k
For this one too I don't have an accurate suggestion, but very few of these have ever been spotted (as it's a r100 food) and this is a very unusual price tag. It's probably more like 8 to 15 million.

Potion of Skeith Scales:Buyable
Most (species) battledome items r99 with none to a few in TP go for 600k to 1.5m.

Sharpened Hook:Buyable
I'd sooner say 800k to 1.5m.

Regulation Chainmail:Buyable
I'd sooner say 800k to 1.5m.

Dehydration Potion:Buyable
I think this should be anywhere between 200k and 600k?

Missing from DB:
Maractite Scimitar - 69114, r99, Maractite Weaponry, http://images.neopet...te_scimitar.gif

Edited by Nicita, 01 March 2015 - 10:17 AM.

#820 spotify95

spotify95
  • 315 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:27 AM

Hi, think this is the right place to post in:

Item: Festive Purple and Yellow Negg Basket (I got given one of these earlier today)

Saw that the item in question hadn't been priced, when I checked today. Can someone please add this to the database, unless there is a way of adding it myself? Current price seems to be about 20k.

Thanks!

#821 spotify95

spotify95
  • 315 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:37 AM

Hi

Just to let you know that we need the following item added to the database:

Iced Again, Tale of an Ice Caves Explorer

It is a book and is selling close to the 1,000NP mark.

#822 spotify95

spotify95
  • 315 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:47 AM

By the way, this thread is for items that cost over 99,999 neopoints, or unbuyable items. Items under 99,999np will automatically be updated by the system.

I was informed by another member that this is also the place to put requests in for lower priced items, whereby the automatic software hadn't come across the item yet and the postee in question (i.e. me!) has less than 500 posts, thus cannot manually change the price.

This was where I was told: http://www.neocodex....-item-database/

#823 spotify95

spotify95
  • 315 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:23 PM

I think whoever told you that may be wrong. Even with above 500 posts I can't edit prices that are below 99,999np. Also, I dknt see a function where you can tell the automated bot to prioritize certain items.

Oh okay so does that mean that everything that is below 100k is automatically checked and edited via Abrosia? (I think its Abrosia that checks prices anyway!)

I was just wondering because there were some items that haven't appeared on the database yet, such as the book and the negg basket that I mentioned a few pages ago. Hence I sometimes have to use other sites (i.e JellyNeo) to get prices, and I know that JN isn't updated as regularly.

#824 joshy9096

joshy9096
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:42 PM

if items are not in the database you can send a request to get them added :) 

#825 gblade

gblade
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:14 AM

Golden Dubloon Stamp is completely wrong in the database. It says profit is 50k when the stamp is worth over 1 million. It sucks that I missed it for a 90k stamp lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users