Photo

This is seriously screwed up.

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#26 Grief1991

Grief1991
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:49 AM

My parents both stayed in China for an extended period of time while i was born in Canada and they always say that in China it is better to kill someone in a car accident than to just injure them.
Its so messed up there

#27 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:50 AM

In China especially, most people dare to help. It could be a faker who, if you help them, will later charge you with injuring them, and you'll have to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars. For helping them!!!
Its been on the news several times where something like this occurs, like an old lady who fell down got helped by a biker, and then she later blamed the biker for having hit her and was charged alot of money.

Most people are afraid to help cause they're afraid they'll be blamed.

But this was a little child.. A two-year old child! Which person would involve critically injuring a child for a scam??

#28 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:52 AM

What did you mean then?

In China especially, most people dare to help. It could be a faker who, if you help them, will later charge you with injuring them, and you'll have to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars. For helping them!!!
Its been on the news several times where something like this occurs, like an old lady who fell down got helped by a biker, and then she later blamed the biker for having hit her and was charged alot of money.

Most people are afraid to help cause they're afraid they'll be blamed.

That.

#29 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:53 AM

And what about witnesses? Or everyone is happy to keep their mouths shut while the person who was kind enough to help is taken to court and run through the wringer til all his/her money is gone? Where's the justice in this?

#30 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:55 AM

Where's the justice in this?

It's China, they don't really do justice.

#31 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:01 AM

Where was the child's parents? Or do kids just run wild in China?
It's terrible and disgusting. But the parents are to blame. Especially since people in China are like, only allowed to have one. You'd think they'd take care of it better.

#32 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:04 AM

It's terrible and disgusting. But the parents are to blame. Especially since people in China are like, only allowed to have one. You'd think they'd take care of it better.

Apparently a lot of parents hate having a girl because they can't grow up to work. Not suprising they don't treat her like a princess.

#33 pawsies

pawsies
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:06 AM

But this was a little child.. A two-year old child! Which person would involve critically injuring a child for a scam??

In some rural provinces in China, poor families who are unable to raise all of their children will be forced to sell them or give them up to local crime syndicates, where the children will either have their limbs amputated, their tongues severed, deliberately blinded or disabled in various ways just so that they can be taken to the main cities to beg for money in the streets. The locals know of these scams but most do not speak of it, but the foreigners/tourists are often not so wise and often fall prey to these elaborate and vicious cons, therein unwittingly fueling the demand for more unwanted children to be abused and used in such fashions by the Chinese mafia.

#34 baby0firefly

baby0firefly
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:54 PM

Wow that's terrible! I don't think I can watch that video though.

#35 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:08 PM

maybe they wanted a new one.

horrible story but not surprising at all. asians have a totally different mentality and the life of a person, no matter what age doesn't count as much as it does elsewhere. *shakes head in sadness*

#36 Freshx

Freshx
  • 117 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:12 PM

Wow that's terrible! I don't think I can watch that video though.

You dont want to trust me. My husband even found it disgusting and disturbing.

#37 MahSugah

MahSugah
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:23 PM

watching this was revolting...

the culture is really different in that the people are very cautious and therefore distrust things more than we would...but still.

#38 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:30 PM

why did the first vehicle run her over twice??? the stupidity astounds me. so disturbing, i had to stop the video after that part.

#39 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:40 PM

it's just unbelievable how a different culture and mentality can make so much difference between people. something like that would never have happened elsewehere and this kid could have been probably rescued if the driver had called an ambulance right away. what would be the first thing you would think people would do. damn, i'm really not a person who disrespects other cultures but i have my problems with the asians, honestly. they are just a tad TOO outstanding with their behaviour...

#40 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:14 PM

I don't agree with stereotyping Asians as less respectful of life, even given this incident. Being a less-than-ideal Samaritan is not exclusive to Asian countries.

Warning: links are of similar graphic nature to the original post.

http://www.nypost.co...DP5ooudVuEd8fbI

http://shine.yahoo.c...or-days-2504396

http://www.newser.co...room-floor.html

This is a global sociological issue, and one that should not be cheapened by applying it to people of certain cultures.

Edit: fixed broken link.

Edited by nymh, 17 October 2011 - 02:16 PM.

#41 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:18 PM

won't click anymore links, i have enough for now. i'm pretty upset, and already said, that i usually respect everyone and everything. or at least try my best to do so. but since i'm a commited animals rights activist, i often adress what happens in asian countries and just get the impression that some asians just don't have any respect for any living creature. human- and animals rights just don't excist in some countries there and you must admit, that something like what happened in that vid, really most likely wouldn't have happened anywehre else.

#42 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:20 PM

I don't agree with stereotyping Asians as less respectful of life, even given this incident. Being a less-than-ideal Samaritan is not exclusive to Asian countries.

Warning: links are of similar graphic nature to the original post.

http://www.nypost.co...DP5ooudVuEd8fbI

http://www.blackmedi...-swam-in-water/

http://www.newser.co...room-floor.html

This is a global sociological issue, and one that should not be cheapened by applying it to people of certain cultures.

It's compounded in China by a number of recent instances of people being sued when they've tried to help others. There was one case where an old woman climbed over a guard rail of a major road, fell over and injured herself then when a driver stopped to help her off the road she told the police that he had ran her over. The court ruled that although he didn't hit her with his car he was still 40% responsible for her injuries because apparently the car frightened her and caused her to fall over and he had to pay compensation for that. Following that, an old man fell over while exiting a bus and nobody would help him until he shouted that he wouldn't hold anybody else responsible for his accident so it does seem to be a major issue primarily in China at the moment due to these incidents.

#43 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:24 PM

thanks waser.

#44 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:32 PM

won't click anymore links, i have enough for now. i'm pretty upset, and already said, that i usually respect everyone and everything. or at least try my best to do so. but since i'm a commited animals rights activist, i often adress what happens in asian countries and just get the impression that some asians just don't have any respect for any living creature. human- and animals rights just don't excist in some countries there and you must admit, that something like what happened in that vid, really most likely wouldn't have happened anywehre else.

That's just my point though. It does happen in other places.

#45 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:35 PM

ok then i was just too trustfull in humankind at this point. what i def shouldn't be and what i am usually not. i can say for the country and maybe even continent i live in, that it won't happen tho. not that dramatically and especially not when it is about a child.

#46 pawsies

pawsies
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:28 PM

I agree with nymh. It's not right to tar all asians with the same brush just because of this incident. China may be the largest nation in Asia, but do bear in mind that it is not the only country in the region. I can assure you that a great majority of us over here are equally outraged and angered by what had been allowed to happen to that poor little girl, but at the same time, it is not fair to judge an entire continent of people just by the actions of a mere handful of rotten apples.

And I don't agree that it is the culture of the Chinese that breeds such blatant social callousness and disregard for human life, but rather the laws of the country as well as the appalling corruption of the government that are partly to blame for indirectly cultivating such cold blooded, uncaring behavior in its people. The citizens of China are not as fortunate as the rest of us living in civilized countries. The income divide is wide and getting wider every day; the small percentile that consists of the wealthy are extremely rich, but the poor are still very poor. As such, money is the driving force behind just about everything, and unfortunately, the lives of people are cheap there. Also, as already mentioned by a few posters in this thread, there is nothing even vaguely resembling the US's Good Samaritan Law in China to protect any helpful do-gooders from becoming liabilities themselves when they attempt to render aid to those in need. The message that the Chinese government is sending out is quite obvious; if you want to help others, you may do so...at your own peril.

For the sake of self interests/ self convenience, I think one would be astonished to know just how many would be willing to silence their own conscience and walk away from a situation, even one which consists of a little two year old girl splattered in her own blood and slowly dying in agony in the middle of the road. I shudder to contemplate the last lucid thoughts that must have gone through the child's mind as she laid there in excruciating pain, seeing all those people walking past her and wondering why no one was coming over to help her.

Five thousand years of Chinese civilization, and this is how it all turns out. China seems to be going backwards in morality even as its economy advances in leaps and bounds. Sun Tzu must be rolling in his grave right now.

#47 Musician

Musician
  • 669 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:48 PM

I agree with nymh. It's not right to tar all asians with the same brush just because of this incident. China may be the largest nation in Asia, but do bear in mind that it is not the only country in the region. I can assure you that a great majority of us over here are equally outraged and angered by what had been allowed to happen to that poor little girl, but at the same time, it is not fair to judge an entire continent of people just by the actions of a mere handful of rotten apples.

And I don't agree that it is the culture of the Chinese that breeds such blatant social callousness and disregard for human life, but rather the laws of the country as well as the appalling corruption of the government that are partly to blame for indirectly cultivating such cold blooded, uncaring behavior in its people. The citizens of China are not as fortunate as the rest of us living in civilized countries. The income divide is wide and getting wider every day; the small percentile that consists of the wealthy are extremely rich, but the poor are still very poor. As such, money is the driving force behind just about everything, and unfortunately, the lives of people are cheap there. Also, as already mentioned by a few posters in this thread, there is nothing even vaguely resembling the US's Good Samaritan Law in China to protect any helpful do-gooders from becoming liabilities themselves when they attempt to render aid to those in need. The message that the Chinese government is sending out is quite obvious; if you want to help others, you may do so...at your own peril.

For the sake of self interests/ self convenience, I think one would be astonished to know just how many would be willing to silence their own conscience and walk away from a situation, even one which consists of a little two year old girl splattered in her own blood and slowly dying in agony in the middle of the road. I shudder to contemplate the last lucid thoughts that must have gone through the child's mind as she laid there in excruciating pain, seeing all those people walking past her and wondering why no one was coming over to help her.

Five thousand years of Chinese civilization, and this is how it all turns out. China seems to be going backwards in morality even as its economy advances in leaps and bounds. Sun Tzu must be rolling in his grave right now.

I agree with you. I think that many people dislike Asians and think of them as bad people with no morals, but honestly, if North American was under the same conditions, we'd be like that too. There are simply way to many people to govern in China, and the level of corruption within the government is extreme. China wants other countries to see them as a powerful, wealthy, and civilized nation, and although a very tiny percentage of people may be rich and well-fed, most are still living in poverty. We may all be very shocked at this incident, but keep in mind that many more like this occur daily in China; it's just that 90% of them are never reported. When I went back to China for a visit this summer, most of what the news there talks about is what the government officials are doing instead of the daily lives and incidents of normal citizens. One death means nothing in a country with over a billion humans. To be honest, if China continues to run with such a corrupt government system, they're going to run out of allies and its innocent citizens are going to suffer from the wrongdoings of the officials.

#48 Vyers

Vyers
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

i saw this on sankakucomplex earlier today, it is rather disturbing. i wish i was able to make out what they were saying during the interview with the parents. i want to know where they were when their child was being run over and ignored by passerby's.

#49 pawsies

pawsies
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:45 PM

I agree with you. I think that many people dislike Asians and think of them as bad people with no morals, but honestly, if North American was under the same conditions, we'd be like that too. There are simply way to many people to govern in China, and the level of corruption within the government is extreme. China wants other countries to see them as a powerful, wealthy, and civilized nation, and although a very tiny percentage of people may be rich and well-fed, most are still living in poverty. We may all be very shocked at this incident, but keep in mind that many more like this occur daily in China; it's just that 90% of them are never reported. When I went back to China for a visit this summer, most of what the news there talks about is what the government officials are doing instead of the daily lives and incidents of normal citizens. One death means nothing in a country with over a billion humans. To be honest, if China continues to run with such a corrupt government system, they're going to run out of allies and its innocent citizens are going to suffer from the wrongdoings of the officials.

Precisely. It is the environment that shape the morality and nature of people, not the race. People should try understand why such incidents are happening instead of just stereotyping all Asians and just going 'Oh, they are all like that. I'm not surprised this happened. Typical of that lot, those yellow skinned, uncivilized barbarians.' If that is really so, why are such reports so prevalent and often cropping up only in China, and not other parts of Asia? I believe that unless a person is inflicted with personality disorders or mental illness, no one is inherently evil, just influenced by circumstances, social, political or otherwise, to instinctively adhere to the rules of conduct that is the norm of that particular society. Instead of condemning and spouting hate and racist messages, understand instead that the government of China has significant impact on its people, too much perhaps, but if they can alter their policies to focus less on monetary compensation and more on humanity, then that poor toddler would not have to suffer such an unjust fate when her life is only just beginning. Of course, something like that may very well take years before it comes to fruition, since China is horrendously corrupt, and I honestly do not believe that officials will care overly much about the life of one little girl, but that may just be my inner cynic speaking.

i saw this on sankakucomplex earlier today, it is rather disturbing. i wish i was able to make out what they were saying during the interview with the parents. i want to know where they were when their child was being run over and ignored by passerby's.

According to this report, the mother was collecting laundry, leaving the child in the family's hardware shop where she had subsequently wandered off. When the mother discovered the girl missing, she had immediately gone off to look for her, but had went in search in another direction from where the child actually was. I do not think that the father was around at the time of the accident.

#50 Freshx

Freshx
  • 117 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:54 AM

Incase no one has seen..

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t2

She died :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users