Quantcast

Photo

Neopets Support Gone Stupid?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: How is it for you?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Is the Neopet's My Support Working for you?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Protoman

Protoman
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:20 PM

Okay is it just me or is the neopets support section's My Support flawed in the fact that it take almost forever if you can even get into it lol.
I was wondering if anyone else has had this nifty little problem.

Feel free to complain about it if you have it and or voice your opinions :D

I swear trying to check one's ticket status is worse then trying to get a representative from premium's support -.- 30+ mins of Your call is important to us, please wait for nonsense

Thank you but in order to research what exactly happened, we are going to need your username.

Can someone say dumbass? Ugh try checking the username of the person associated with the report ._.

#2 Therion

Therion
  • 209 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:36 PM

Support for Neopets is virtually non-existent. If you happen to be a premium member you can probably get hold of a grumpy indian man during the same calendar year. Otherwise, you're better off fixing whatever the problem is yourself.

I sent a ticket nearly 4 months ago. Still waiting on it.

#3 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:48 PM

I've had some pretty nice support in the past. I think the guy's name was Dwayne O.
Though I must admit that was the only time I felt like they put effort into Support

#4 Graz

Graz
  • 231 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:42 AM

Premium support is handled by some other company not neopets and they don't help with neo issues unless its a problem with portal or billing. The regular support I've gotten responses within two days but they were minor issues and not account recouvery which is a pain from what I hear.

Only problem I have with the responses are ones I've gotten with dumb solutions that weren't even helpful like put a box over your head and pretend to be lawyerbot.

I've had no problem with premium support then again I couldn't call them, took me three tries while in class before I got live chat and premium was cancelled in less than a min. Thou almost all phone support is like 20min+ wait so you can't really argue there.

#5 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:58 AM

I have had no problems with Premium support, but only have had to call them twice.

I have had my own issues with account recovery support. But honestly, I can kind of understand. I mean, they are dealing with thousands of 15 year olds complaining that "I was hacked, I was scammed, my cat logged in and used the SS'er, I swear!" I would probably tell a few to put a box over their head and deal with it too. But I agree, the length of time that tickets take to resolve is unacceptable.

#6 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:43 AM

I've always had luck with support, honestly. It's a big company handing probably HUNDREDS of support tickets every day. Do you really expect them to be perfect all the time? *shrug*

#7 fallendevilz

fallendevilz
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:54 AM

I've always had luck with support, honestly. It's a big company handing probably HUNDREDS of support tickets every day. Do you really expect them to be perfect all the time? *shrug*

Thousands according to them.

#8 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:37 AM

Ugh, Neopets' customer support :( Surely it doesn't take 1-6+ months JUST to respond to someone using your product/site, only to reply to them using something pre-written in a rude manner.... Honestly I think there's only one person working on the tickets and just changes his/her name when replying to tickets :V

Also yeah I haven't been able to view my tickets 100% at all for a month, and have had problems with it for the past four months~ Welp. I wish TNT would fix their site up before releasing new things...

#9 Musician

Musician
  • 669 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:52 AM

For every one serious ticket they get, they probably get ten or twenty pointless spam tickets.
Neopets Support rarely works for me as well - and somehow I can't even view my current tickets on the Help page. <_<

#10 Therion

Therion
  • 209 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:10 PM

For every one serious ticket they get, they probably get ten or twenty pointless spam tickets.
Neopets Support rarely works for me as well - and somehow I can't even view my current tickets on the Help page. <_<

They used to be way better, back when the site was more popular. I could get ticket responses within a few days at most.

I encourage spam tickets, because honestly, it's not our fault the service turned awful. Willing to bet Viacom laid off 90% of the support personnel when they purchased it.

#11 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:34 PM

So far i have sent around 4-5 tickets and most of them were handled quite well except for 2 which i have never gotten any reply until today....

1) ticket on problem with accessing neopets, account was suddenly does not exist!!! - they sent an email back within 2 - 3 days and told me to try again.. some glitch with their system...

2) ticket to unfreeze one of my accounts i self froze - no email reply but after a month or so.. (cant quite remember) i tried entering and found it was unfrozen... lol..

3) ticket on some issue with premium account - NO REPLY! had to call them to get it resolved...

4) some tickets attempting to get my account unfrozen... - well.. i tried.. no reply at all..

I think they follow up on some tickets quite well depending on the section of complaint.... ticket involving unfreezing an account will most likely take ages or even worse.. forever no reply....

#12 areyoushpongled

areyoushpongled
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

this is my problem;
I cant create a neopet.

I'm premium and have been since I had 2 pets. I was unable to create a new pet since I've had 2 pets, I've tried everything;
cleared all history, cache, cookies, scanned for viruses, malware, adware etc.. cleaned up the registry, changed browsers, rebooted many times over, signed out and in umpteen times too!

so I submitted a ticket.
I gave them all this information, the error codes and more,

whilst I was waiting for a response, I would periodically check the ticket status, sometimes it doesnt let you in, sometimes it just returns you to the neopets homepage, sometimes it doesnt load correctly and doesnt display the neopets header bar.

GRRARRG!

So they replied to my ticket after about 10 days with a prewritten response, in pidgeon english saying "we are sorry that you have problem to create account. this is not a bug, the username you request is either banned, in use, or stuck in our system. if you contiue this problem, please try a different username"

so I sent a reply back saying that the information they gave me doesnt help and its not about creating an account or usernames, its about creating a pet!!
I then 'added additional information' which was that I discovered that I also couldnt use the adoption agency, but I could adopt a grundo.
But now when I click "my support" IF IT LOADS, all it does is loop me back to either neopets homepage or the main FAQ.
I think they might have delted my ticket?
I cant even submit a ticket about this because it seems the ticket link is broken!!

I cant use the adoption agency, or create a new pet so all I can hope to do is adopt grundos and await my luck at getting morphing potions :(

please someone, is there anyway around this? I dont see why I should be paying for a service that I'm only receiving in part!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users