• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:02 PM

I've noticed a lot of negativity and hostility around Codex lately. To dispel this toxic miasma of animosity, I decided to create this thread to help us keep in mind what's really important.
What better way to celebrate the holiday season than to appreciate each other?

RULES:
  • If you post anything negative, you'll wake up tomorrow morning covered in leeches.
  • There is no second rule.
I'll go first:

ONLYME, you're a gentleman and a scholar. You've inspired me to stick with the Codex community and to stick it to the man. You're the best!

Posted Image

Have at it, rapscallions!

#2 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:05 PM

BONE, I adore this idea. You are an intelligent and thoughtful young man.

That was a veiled excuse to ask this question: Do we have to compliment the person above us, or just anyone?

Edited by nymh, 08 December 2011 - 02:05 PM.

#3 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:08 PM

BONE, I adore this idea. You are an intelligent and thoughtful young man.

That was a veiled excuse to ask this question: Do we have to compliment the person above us, or just anyone?

It can be absolutely anyone.

#4 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:12 PM

It can be absolutely anyone.

In that case;
silverblizzard, you are incredible and I love you so much ♥♥~~~
/given that, I'm still going to steal your cookie jars though c;/

#5 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:19 PM

Also, gifs are highly encouraged.

#6 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:09 PM

Aww, what a great idea. :) I would kind of like to see if the leeches thing is true but...

Argue, you have done an outstanding job supporting Codex with all of your programs and the fact you are here. I really appreciate all the work you have done such as the FAQ and your attitude is the kind I like. Great job! ^^

Gif in my sig. Moar to cum.

#7 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:24 PM

To everyone in tinychat:
I don't get on there a lot, especially with school, but I have fun when I do. I have Aspergers so it's really hard for me to hold a decent conversation. Screw the long winded explanation, because in short, I'm fuckin' weird. I first got on tiny to try and improve my social interactions with people. I think it's helped me somewhat even though I don't have much time to get on there. I really like everyone I've encountered there and most people here on Neocodex. I just hope that I haven't been too weird on tiny and made some friends even though I suck at friendships.

And big thanks to everyone on the forums that has made this community great. I wouldn't be here without you.

ANYWAYS I LOVE YOU GUYS

Posted Image

NOT GONNA CRY OK

#8 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:14 PM

Junsu, you are amazing.

Spoiler

#9 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:24 PM

JUNSU, you are the ultimate troll but you bring a smile to the face of codex members everyday.

Posted Image
not sure what this has to do with anything, but here's my gif. many more to come :)

#10 Nubge

Nubge
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:31 PM

Applepi, I've never talked to you, but I think your active here, so that's cool Posted Image

#11 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:36 PM

Nubge, you're pretty active yourself. I keep thinking your name is nudge, but its not and i think a lot of people make that mistake. I guess that makes you clever for messing with everyone's heads. :ninja:

#12 Nubge

Nubge
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:40 PM

Nubge, you're pretty active yourself. I keep thinking your name is nudge, but its not and i think a lot of people make that mistake. I guess that makes you clever for messing with everyone's heads. :ninja:

I can change my name, LOL

But I dont know :c

Changed to my nickname. This is weird.

#13 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:42 PM

kat you are cute as hell, really. so are you bone.
this thread is a really nice idea with christmas coming and after all drama what happened here lately.
i am well known as the ultimate asshole but there are some other ultimate assholes i love.

like punkrockbigmouth who i love deeply, since she is even hilarious and bitchy, when we talk about the most depressing stuff.
or boggart who i miss badly when he isn't around for longer than two days, because he makes me laugh, no matter how shit i feel.
or tsvete who i get in arguments with regulary, but we can't stay mad at each other for long, because we are just two bitches who found and started to love each other.
or pyro who doesnt even forget about me when he experiences awsome real life stuff and always find the time to share it with me.
or drakonid who enjoys pissing me off a lot but who i also love because he has an awsome beard.
or malu who is so much younger than me but who i can talk to about everything!
or trichomes who is a freakin weird little mushroom i soooooooooo much enjoy to talk to!
or bone who cracks me up with his gifs and posts and who is a crazy catwoman, just like i am.
or georgina who is busy with rl atm but still makes me laugh and love her, whenever we message.
or the aussies (strat, elle, soul and art) who are funny and bitchy and weird but sooooo adorable and entertaining and generous and cute (at least elle, soul and strat xP).
or jcrboy who is absent from the whole internet for quite a while but posts me something nice on fb every so often and makes me smile.
or ZackDiZZle who flew over from america to germany to drink a beer with me and informs me about his weird life every now and then.
or Tsunade who totally disappeared but still makes me laugh my ass off, when i think of the conversations we had.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

EDIT: oh shit i forgot a gif! here it is:

Posted Image

Edited by onlyme, 08 December 2011 - 07:52 PM.

#14 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:44 PM

I can change my name, LOL

But I dont know :c

Changed to my nickname. This is weird.

NO dont change it!! lol I was complimenting you for it :)

#15 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:50 PM

Bone, I've always see you making supportive, well thought out posts.

Reading them actually helps me have faith in my own species sometimes.

So thank you :3

#16 Musician

Musician
  • 669 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:19 PM

Great idea, Bone! Thanks for making this thread. (:

I'd like to compliment Rainie.
She's such a sweetheart - kind, friendly, and helpful to everyone. ^_^ She's pretty darn cute as well. :thumbsup:

That being said, I love you all, Neocodex. <3

Posted Image
^ Oh, & funny holiday GIF. x)

#17 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:04 PM

Soul__Stealer: you are amazing for working so hard on your program manager. I appreciate all the time and work you put into on top of everything else you have going on in real life. I hope to continue seeing your programs become better and better :)

#18 Therion

Therion
  • 209 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:09 PM

Scot, your sentiments often mirror what I'd like to say and despite the frustration of coming into a thread to say something and finding you've already said it, Codex is a better place with you telling it like it is.

#19 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:40 PM

Eeee, this is such a lovely idea! I wish I knew you all better though.. I can't really think of a compliment that wouldn't come off as creepy or weird ;w; B-but yeah anyways, this site has a wonderful community from what I've seen so far! So here's to the coming months/years of less awkwardness and friendship and all those other awesome things!!

I'm not very good at animating and stuff yet (also touchpad art incoming! Can't be bothered to plug in my tablet lol), but here's a gif I just drewww!! :3

Posted Image

#20 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:26 PM

Awww!~ I love you too SorrowNightshade :3

(By the way your avatar is awesome)

#21 Tsvete

Tsvete
  • 690 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:58 AM

So much love I think I'm gonna puke oO

or tsvete who i get in arguments with regulary, but we can't stay mad at each other for long, because we are just two bitches who found and started to love each other.

How adorable! Thank you! ^_^

First I thought I should post separately about the people I talk to the most on codex, but I'm too lazy for that.
I love spending my free time with them, because they are all funny, like Drakonid for example, who is a complete douche, double douche and sometimes even triple douche, but no matter how mean he is most of the time, I always laugh when he's around. Onlyme's hyperness is like a disease and I always end up hyper and excited and derp when I'm talking to her(I love you, hunny <4). With Maloo and Trichomes I can talk about everything even when I have no idea wtf are we talking about :D Strategist and soul_stealer are my good Neo faeries (no gay jokes, please!), because their generosity made some of my dreams come true.
You are all special to me and I'm very happy I have you around :yahoo:

There is one more person I spend a lot of time with and in the future I will spend even more, because I fell in love with him. In a thread, long time ago, I mentioned what's the type of men I like

Smart, funny and nerdy, moslty prgrammers with British or Australian accent :D

He is smart and funny, he's a programmer and he has British accent... :o He's the man of my dreams and the most wonderful boyfriend I can imagine.
Sida, I love you and I cannot wait to spend Christmas with you :heart:

Edited by Tsvete, 09 December 2011 - 05:13 AM.

#22 Andy

Andy
  • 226 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:58 AM

To all codex members who serve in the armed forces of any nation for the freedom and values we so often take for granted, thank you.

#23 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:24 AM

In no particular order, and not an exhaustive list:

Onlyme you are such a sweet person. I feel like I can talk to you about anything and you will be mature and caring. It's like there are two Onlyme's: the snarky bitch and the loving and supportive friend.
Tsvete I love you too. You are beautiful and highly critical which I love
punkrockbigmouth I adore you. We have not had the opportunity to interact much with each other, but I have yet to find something you have posted which pisses me off (and you're probably the only person I can say that about).
Drakonid You are the person who I love to piss me off.
Therion I love to read what you have to say. You're always so eloquent and intellectual. Post more, please.
Sida You are my workout buddy, though we are both slacking like hell lately. And you're a pretty good guy too most of the time ;)
iargue You were my first Codex friend, and we still talk 3 months later. I love that you are an asshole, but you're also intelligent and a very hard worker.
Trichomes You are beautiful! And so open minded and I love to talk to you. I wish we lived closer so we could hang out.
cronus You are freaking gorgeous in body and mind. I am glad that you live two entire continents away. STAY AWAY
I already complimented Bone but he deserves a real go. I love that you have given me my only nickname here, and that we have such similar tastes in music and literature. Your aptitude is impressive for someone so young.
Waser Lave I love to try to figure you out. I will, eventually.
soul_stealer You are a hard worker and funny as hell. I hate that there is such a time difference between us or we could hang out more.
Strategist Damn you fine. WTF
Hydrogen Thank you for talking to me :) It's a shame you didn't go into physics or we could have a lot more to talk about.
ShadowLink64 Who else can talk so nonchalantly about surface plasmon waveguides? You're the bomb.
Boggart I wish we had the opportunity to hang out more. You are so freaking cute.
SorrowNightshade You truly are the sweetest guy on the planet.

That's enough for now. I have more, so I can always post them later. Alternatively, my hate list is about as long as my love list (and some people are on both).

Edit: Forgot to post a gif. This is my first one, yay.
Posted Image

Edited by nymh, 09 December 2011 - 07:40 AM.

#24 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:38 AM

Alternatively, my hate list is about as long as my love list (and some people are on both).

oh yeah, can we have a hatelist for new years please?

#25 Tsvete

Tsvete
  • 690 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:49 AM

Tsvete I love you too. You are beautiful and highly critical which I love

Oh it's so sweet of you to say you love me when we've talked only a couple of times.
There is something I like about you too- no matter how rude people are with you, you always manage to pretend nothing happened and stay calm. It takes great strenght, I couldn't do it!!! But I guess that comes with the age, I'm still young and unexperienced :/ I admire you for that! ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users