Yung's Weapon Reviews

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#26 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

I am a stickler for formatting and while though I too think it looks better as Scroll of Freezing, my formatting is to make the first letter capitalized in each word. So Scroll Of Freezing it is and shall remain.

That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Why not just change your formatting?
Especially since it goes against all English writing convention.

#27 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

There I changed it... I had it as Scroll of Freezing in the first place anyways but after I saw that the TDN Battlepedia had it listed as Scroll Of Freezing I realized that it went with my formatting and I changed it.

#28 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:22 PM

There I changed it... I had it as Scroll of Freezing in the first place anyways but after I saw that the TDN Battlepedia had it listed as Scroll Of Freezing I realized that it went with my formatting and I changed it.

Did you also just go through and change the Anagram Swords' formatting too?
Or is the whole "formatting" thing a load of shit?

#29 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:28 PM

Did you also just go through and change the Anagram Swords' formatting too?
Or is the whole "formatting" thing a load of shit?

No the Anagram Swords I had chosen to leave like that from the get go. Everything I have in my word documents is formatted with Of instead of the alternative but I have barely scratched the surface with adding these to the thread. I could care less at this point I'll format however its not a valid enough point to be the focal aspect of this conversation and as such lets end with you guys are right and I am wrong.

#30 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

No the Anagram Swords I had chosen to leave like that from the get go.

So it was a load of shit, then. Good to know.

#31 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

5/9/12 (Trim this for the chronological line, chapter Chronicles.)

[03:44] Yung ...It's a very long story, you sure you want me to begin this?
[03:45] Turnips i don't really mind, it's up to you~
[03:46] Yung Alright well I'll pause and wait for some for of response or question from you before continuing. I want to make sure you have no questions and everything is clearly explained.
[03:47] Yung I believe I'll also copy paste everything into a word document so it saves me typing it all out in the future.
[03:48] Turnips alrighty! :3
[03:49] Yung So... the story begins with the game site Anaroch, no need googling it, it's long since been shut down. Scot created the game in 2004, at first it was very successful quickly rising to 2,000 members playing the browser based MMO.
[03:51] Turnips oohhh
[03:53] Yung In spring of 2005 Anaroch was down to only 25 active members. Scot, needing to generate more members, cloned the game and dubbed it Halo Crusades, I followed a referral link on Bungie and joined. Scot didn't reset the member ID's for the new game so my game ID was 2147 even though I was one of the first 10 members on Halo Crusades.
[04:05] Turnips aah >w<
[04:06] Turnips wonders why he didn't reset the user ids~
[04:07] Yung At the time there were two members who had a flat out blood feud between them that the entire community was involved in and had clearly divided the userbase. Luv and SuicidE.
[04:07] Turnips
[04:09] Yung Think of Luv as a much MUCH worse version of Sweeney, a version that paints Sweeney as being saintlike. SuicidE was essentially the Anti-Luv/Anti-Sweeney and that is where the vicious hate between the two was fueled from.
[04:10] Turnips welp D;
[04:11] Yung Now shortly after I joined I was talking about Sammy (my wife), and Luv said: "Any girl that's stupid enough to be with you must be a fucking slut." and SuicidE immediately jumped to my defense and thus started the hate war between Luv and myself.
[04:12] Turnips wow, that's rude
[04:14] Yung A mere 3 months later the server crashed and all site data was erased, all Scot had left was the framework to the game, thus Halo Crusades v2.0 was created. SuicidE was deployed during this time and was sadly killed in action. (R.I.P.) and Luv focused on trolling me EVERY fucking day.
[04:17] Turnips
[04:18] Turnips poor suicide, i hope he's happy where he is now <3
[04:18] Turnips rip!
[04:23] Yung After two years Microsoft decided that they were going to sue Scot unless he changed the name of the game, Halo Crusades v2.0 was stripped down to being called Haelrpg. Haelrpg was NOT a new game but merely renamed, at this point we began referring to anyone who had joined prior to the Server Crash as Vets.
[04:26] Turnips ohh, neato~
[04:26] |<-- Artificial has left freenode (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
[04:27] Yung Then Scot released a new game, not because fan base was down but because we weren't generating a profit for him, he sold premium which gave in game boosts, releasing a new game meant that all of us would buy premium so we could be the best in the game.
[04:28] Turnips >w<
[04:29] Yung This game was called OfNobleBlood, Scot went for a different style in gameplay mechanics that none of us liked very much and site quickly died, we migrated back to Haelrpg and ONB died.
[04:33] Turnips (sorry, someone was at the door just now!)
[04:33] Turnips i see~
[04:35] Yung Scot tried again when revenues dropped again and made a new clone of Haelrpg called Disposable Heroes. He then closed down HaelRPG once and for all
[04:37] Turnips welp D;
[04:40] Yung Disposable Heroes was a great spinoff that was Call of Duty based, it was no Halo Crusades but it was good.
[04:42] Turnips hehe x3 <3
[04:42] Turnips better than nothing i guess?~
[04:44] Yung Well out of all the reincarnations it was closest to being Halo Crusades so the appeal to that was the game.
[04:47] Turnips ohh :3
[04:50] Yung We loved our community it was great but overtime it decayed as its predecessors did, Scot then gave birth to Twilight Meadow. The bile of our community
[04:51] Turnips :3 !
[04:53] Yung Twilight Meadow was just before the Twilight Saga so as you can imagine once Twilight came out it exploded with fan base. These new members roleplayed, CONSTANTLY.
[04:53] Turnips oh god aaaaaaaaa
[04:53] Turnips i remember going on the neoboards for the first time and saw a lot of twilight discussion
[04:54] Turnips .. i thuoght they were talking about twilight princess ;w;
[04:56] Yung Well... that's what began the decline of the community. These new members role played to the point where their characters would develop relationships. They began "marrying" each other in their roleplays.
[04:56] Turnips oh boy
[04:57] Yung Now don't get me wrong I enjoyed RPing myself from time to time, but not to that degree. NOT to where it was anything more than "Yung's Candy Van" and even that was mild just disturbing.
[04:59] Turnips personally doesn't like rping if there's like a storyline thing to it >w<
[05:01] Yung Yeah well these people took it took extremes
[05:01] Turnips oh noooo ;;
[05:03] Yung So Scot created War of Creation, another Halo Crusades clone that was essentially just HaelRPG even in graphics, nothing new there. It was made as a place for us older players, now called Epics (From Halo Crusades V2.0) and Legends (from Halo Crusades v1.0)
[05:09] Turnips ohhh~
[05:09] -->| Artificial ([email protected]) has joined #neocodex
[05:09] Turnips (also p.s. i'm gonna be going to sleep soon x3 gosh i'm tired )
[05:10] Yung Story isn't much longer now.
[05:11] Turnips alrighty~
[05:13] Yung So Twilight Meadow began to die, none of us bought hardly any premium for War of Creation, Scot left that site to rot as it currently is still rotting away. To generate profit Scot created Coven Wars (the current site) and closed down Twilight Meadows. The players who stuck around through the transition dubbed themselves as vets, anyone from a prior game was called now called Epics, HaelRPG...
[05:13] Yung ...era players were now Legends, and Halo Crusades v1.0 and HCv2.0 players were called Ancients.
[05:13] Turnips neato! :3
[05:15] Yung Thus began the great digression of our community, these "Vets" evolved their RPing from relationship based to family based; not in a PG kind of way but in they were now RPing that they were in families! Mother, Father, Sister, Brother.
[05:15] Yung They would create threads advertising: "Loving parents seeking twin daughters!" amongst other obscenities.
[05:16] Turnips w-what
[05:16] Turnips
[05:16] Turnips that's pretty creepy ugh
[05:18] Yung The community had evolved into something that was beyond us only now we had no where else to go, and I noticed that the activity on Coven Wars was beginning to wane. So I started a movement, I called it the Core Community. I explained that the Core Community was the community members who weren't just the members playing that particular game but we were the community of Scot. We followed the...
[05:18] Yung ...progression of the games and watched games rise and fall. Repeating the cycle living through their respective life cycles and that the new community on Coven Wars should prepare now for when that game dies they can help usher in the new one.
[05:19] Turnips (this is reminding me of meteor games kinda)
[05:19] Turnips (what with games rising and falling so much and all)
[05:19] Yung Kinda, but we had our own nostalgic cycle.
[05:20] Yung Anyways.
[05:21] Yung The new community flat out rioted against me, members that had only joined a few weeks prior were "calling me out" as they put it, stating that I was saying that just because all the other games died and new ones were made that I assumed that Coven Wars was going to die too and I was too negative to be taken seriously.
[05:21] Yung I mean... I'd only been there since Halo Crusades v1.0 so what the fuck do I know, right?
[05:22] Turnips hurpp
[05:22] Turnips silly new kids D;
[05:24] Yung Obviously, after all those years the few of us left were pretty much the old staff, we'd all either been staff or were currently staff on Coven Wars. These were my friends, not the "Oh yeah I'm friendly with that person," no. Real friends, they were there before my marriage, during, and helped me as I grieved when it ended. These were people I cared deeply for and hell, I've been to most of...
[05:24] Yung ...their weddings, graduations, bailed two of them out of jail. These people I considered very very close to me.
[05:25] Yung Especially WhiteWolf(Ian) and Lillith(Jen).
[05:25] Turnips aahhh i see
[05:26] Artificial Are you guys still bawwing over those old communities?
[05:26] Artificial They dont want you anymore.
[05:26] Artificial Get over it
[05:26] Turnips that isn't really the reason for pokemon v but you know
[05:26] Turnips you can just ignore this? x3
[05:27] Yung Lillith and Shiemeh(my closest friend of all) collectively posted in my threads about the Core Community and said that any further discussion about the Core Community through any medium would be met with an immediate jailing (on site ban). ...well I flipped the fuck out. I in no manner, way, shape, or form violated a single site rule.
[05:27] Artificial You've been reminiscing for hours.
[05:27] Artificial Seriously.
[05:27] Artificial Get over it.
[05:27] Turnips i haven't, yung is just telling me his story~
[05:27] Turnips stop being mad :3
[05:28] Yung I had dedicated an entire thread specifically to reallocating power back to the Moderators, MY FRIENDS, the same one's who wrongly silenced me.
[05:29] Yung I called them on this, pointed out clearly that I violated not a single rule, pointed out how an entire half of my movement was for their benefit, Scot gave them the increased power I had outlined and they felt that sufficient enough to no longer need the Core Community movement and opted to "end the drama."
[05:30] Artificial Good for them.
[05:30] Yung I told them that if that decision was not overturned within 24 hours I would leave the community and under no uncertain terms would ever return. Shiemeh banned me on the spot for "threatening staff."
[05:31] Turnips
[05:31] Yung I was left feeling... just empty, betrayed, and overall just hurt. So I went back to Neopets, poured myself into playing more than I had been before and that's when I stumbled across Codex.
[05:32] Yung I made Codex my new community, that's why I poured so much of myself into it, I know everyone accuses me of many things, brown nosing, post whoring, rep whoring, ect... but really... Me being so helpful and active helped me move on from my community.
[05:34] Yung It's not been an easy transition, prior to me starting the Core Community movement I was easily one of the most respected and well thought of members of the community. Codex is so drastically different in that regard, I've had a hard time coping with that transition as well.
[05:35] Turnips ah dear >.< <3
[05:35] Yung That is why I understand how it feels for Sweeney, Frizzle, and other Retired members who feel as though this new community lacks what the old one was, at least it's still here for them though.

Edited by Yung, 09 May 2012 - 02:42 AM.

#32 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:35 PM

Yeah you're welcome. Always glad to point out how I've screwed up in some other small way. Thanks for noticing the positive stuff too. ;)

I'm not interested in your contributions, I'm interested in your motivations.
So far, everything I've seen undermines your "positive" attributes.

#33 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

I'll fix the review for the H4000 Helmet, thanks to both of you for pointing that out. I had a lapse in my sleep deprived writing session where I thought it was a year ago.

I feel as though the Scroll Of Freezing is deserving of a 10/10 despite being Fragile and I explained why I rated that in the review. The Scroll Of Freezing is the cheapest 100% all species Freezer available. The Scroll Of Freezing costs at most 1.5% what an H4000 Helmet, it is no big deal for any of us to purchase these.

I am a serious BDer and while though I don't like the inconvenience of the Fragile aspect of any item I am not going to write it off as trash because of that.

I am a stickler for formatting and while though I too think it looks better as Scroll of Freezing, my formatting is to make the first letter capitalized in each word. So Scroll Of Freezing it is and shall remain.

With an estimated cost of 100k and 20% chance to break, a Scroll of Freezing costs an estimated 20k per use. When you could easily resell a FPot or H4000 for within ~150k of the buying price, it doesn't make sense to buy Scrolls of Freezing unless you need it for a few isolated battles.

Not rating it 10/10 is not the same thing as writing it off as trash.

#34 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:55 AM

I will reevaluate the rating at some point in the next day or two right now I have a few more pressing matters. I may choose to knock it a point for the sheer fact of being Fragile. Something I should have done.

Most people that Battledome, unless they are in a Battledome Guild, battle infrequently and sporadically in 2P. For 1P you are best off getting a lower rate of freeze Freezer and just withdrawing if you don't freeze when you needed to. Again that boils down to the many guides on how to best demolish the crap out of 1P opponents.

As per requests I have reevaluated and adjusted the rating of the Scroll of Freezing. Gonna toss at least two or three Stealers in here then get back to work on the Weapons.

Added the Stealers and can finally get back to working on the weapons.

#35 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:24 AM

great information esp the analysis on the tactical and defense part. an alternatives for stealer could be heavy robe of thievery.

#36 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:36 AM

This thread is for the discussion of your internet roots. Many of us come from a different website community and didn't originate here at Codex, this is your opportunity to give some back story to yourself and allow other users to see you in a potentially different light. If Codex is the first community you've ever truly been a part of then discuss how it was when you first joined, what experiences you've had, and any other interesting tid-bits you feel pertain to your community experience over the years.

(If you're not going to actually participate in this thread by giving your own back story and discussing others then please just move on. A crisp, clean, hate-free thread would be nice.)

Here is my back story:
Spoiler

Edited by Yung, 09 May 2012 - 04:03 PM.

#37 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:10 AM

...did you not look in the Stealer section? I already have a review for the Heavy Robe of Thievery. I rated it (10/10).

oo only saw the purple sticky hand the previous time. okay soz my bad

#38 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:38 PM

Added some additional reviews for a few different categories. Enjoy the new reviews.

Added Smuggler's Cove Shields to the reviews, enjoy the new sub-category!

Added an entire new class, the Defensive Equipment and completed it.

Corrected a typo.

Added a few more reviews. Think I am gonna take a break for the night.

#39 themetagame

themetagame
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:39 AM

GFD has cost less than 10M for ages.

....also, FCS doesn't have a HT counterpart. Clawed Shield is retired, Reflectozap 2k is retired, RoDN is retired, FZap (NOT a replacement, a substitue) is r99 from one of the top 5 most difficult to stock locations. People are seriously undervaluing this weapon.

Edited by themetagame, 31 January 2012 - 12:42 AM.

#40 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:07 AM

I'll be sure to update accordingly. Thanks for the input. :)

....also, FCS doesn't have a HT counterpart. Clawed Shield is retired, Reflectozap 2k is retired, RoDN is retired, FZap (NOT a replacement, a substitue) is r99 from one of the top 5 most difficult to stock locations. People are seriously undervaluing this weapon.

By Hidden Tower counterparts I was referring to the full icon blockers that can be purchased there, namely the Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield, Faerie Tabard, Ghostkershield, and Dr. Sloths Personal Body Armour. Obviously there is no fire blockers available there. Not yet anyways.

Added the fire reflectors to the mix. I thought it would be fun to get started on some reflection weapons even though I personally don't use them.

Added some more reviews to various categories. Enjoy! :)

Corrected some errors, added additional info to some reviews, added a couple new reviews, and added a new subclass.

Added the water reflectors to the mix! Enjoy guys.

#41 Pavement

Pavement
  • 429 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

Am I reading this wrong or did you say GPA is 65 mil? It's probably closer to 650 mil...

#42 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

Only price I could find for that was in the TDN Battlepedia. I figured it was outdated pricing but...

Do you have a current price for it? I'd be happy to redo the entire review if you do.

#43 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

Added a couple of Main Shop Shields, thus creating a new Sub-Class for the Armour/Shield tree.

Added some more, what do you guys think so far?

#44 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:16 AM

After a LOT of work and formatting issues I give you... The Dual-Duties!

#45 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

Added some Overall Scores I just noticed I'd missed placing, sorry about that guys.

I read through everything I've had so far, I've edited some reviews, added another Dual-Duty, and I also changed the name of the thread from Weapon Reviews to Yung's Weapon Reviews. That way if someone else does their own its not like I am cornering the reviews all to myself.

#46 Leaf

Leaf
  • 372 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:59 AM

I love the battle dome but the whole reason i never really go in there was because i didn't know how to approach the whole thing.
My first instinct was going to be to just buy the most expensive weapons out there and hope for the best
But this guide has really put a lot of things into consideration.
Now im not just looking at the price but overall stat's
Now i know exactly what i want and what combination of items goes best with eachother
Yung i think you did a wonderful Job and i would give you +REP
but i dont know how, sooo for now, thank you.

#47 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

I love the battle dome but the whole reason i never really go in there was because i didn't know how to approach the whole thing.
My first instinct was going to be to just buy the most expensive weapons out there and hope for the best
But this guide has really put a lot of things into consideration.
Now im not just looking at the price but overall stat's
Now i know exactly what i want and what combination of items goes best with eachother
Yung i think you did a wonderful Job and i would give you +REP
but i dont know how, sooo for now, thank you.

If you are wanting to get in to the Battledome and are needing some help getting started, because I promise you that it is a lot more than just expensive weapons, then I recommend you check out my Battledome Tutoring thread to help you get started.

To +Rep someone you see that (+) symbol just above Multiquote? You click that to +Rep someone.

Entire thing has been updated with current prices. I spent the better part of 3 hours trying to find accurate prices for everything.

Hopefully you guys appreciate the upgrade to the thread and find it more useful.

All prices are accurate and up to date as of 02/09/12

#48 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:16 AM

The Weapon class now has Main Shop sub-class and I have added a new review.

Updated with a couple of new reviews today :)

#49 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:07 PM

Added a couple of new reviews and rearranged the formatting a little. Hopefully the changes make it easier on the eyes.

I am also having trouble with the bold part at the bottom of the reviews, every time I save changes it adds the [b] tags, if I try and save it with them they remain. Anyone know whats going on with that?

#50 Leaf

Leaf
  • 372 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

I really like all the new additions.

What kind of fighting styles do you recommend? for someone who is just starting out?
I was going to ask you to add more healers but you did it before i could ask you hahaha

Also... i was wondering what are my pets attributes for?
like if i buy the Sword of Reif wouldnt it still do the same amount of damage now
then say if i were to train my pet to have strength of 100+?
So what is the point of strength?
Agility makes it so people miss more often when they try and hit you right?
and HP is obvious...
so what do the other ones do for you in the battle dome?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users