Photo

Altador Plot Autocompleter

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
304 replies to this topic

#26 Polyphony

Polyphony
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

Mine crashes at the bank step as well. My bank account is not PIN enabled. I made the NP the amount it needed to be manually and when I reopened the program, it crashed again immediately after determining what step I was on.

Edited by Polyphony, 20 March 2012 - 10:45 AM.

#27 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

No sir

#28 The Awesome Max

The Awesome Max
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

complete the step yourself and it should run fine

#29 Polyphony

Polyphony
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:48 AM

I think it has to do with the account being RS banned.. maybe

Edit: Did it manually and it did work.

Edited by Polyphony, 20 March 2012 - 10:50 AM.

#30 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

Mine crashes at the bank step as well. My bank account is not PIN enabled. I made the NP the amount it needed to be manually and when I reopened the program, it crashed again immediately after determining what step I was on.

Very, very odd. I didn't run in trouble with that step during my tests. I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that setting NP was a separate method, so maybe the "wires" get crossed. I've instead embedded it directly into the step.

Sorry for all the errors, guys. The code is very basic, but apparently your computers are handling HTTP requests very differently than mine do, and I don't quite know why that would be. : /

#31 Polyphony

Polyphony
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

Very, very odd. I didn't run in trouble with that step during my tests. I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that setting NP was a separate method, so maybe the "wires" get crossed. I've instead embedded it directly into the step.

Sorry for all the errors, guys. The code is very basic, but apparently your computers are handling HTTP requests very differently than mine do, and I don't quite know why that would be. : /

It's not a big deal, if anything, people should just manually do the steps they have issues with as that's the LEAST they can do.. thanks again for the program/code.

#32 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

Thank you for your amazing and hard work ^^ ♥~
/Currently running the program and it seems to work fine so far O: ~

#33 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

It's not a big deal, if anything, people should just manually do the steps they have issues with as that's the LEAST they can do.. thanks again for the program/code.

Thank you for your amazing and hard work ^^ ♥~
/Currently running the program and it seems to work fine so far O: ~

Really, my pleasure. Still, it's supposed to be an Autocompleter, so I would like to iron out these unfortunate kinks. I imagine it has to do with some requests completing before others when they shouldn't, as I'm not using a parallel HTTP library, but why the code runs near-flawlessly on my machines but not others has me baffled, and it's not as if I can directly test on yours to better spot the problems.

#34 The Awesome Max

The Awesome Max
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:10 AM

Flipping switches, I kinda wish there was a counter telling me how much flips its done.

#35 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

Flipping switches, I kinda wish there was a counter telling me how much flips its done.

Every line is ten requests.

#36 The Awesome Max

The Awesome Max
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

Well then, well over 70 lines

#37 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

I think you're probably getting logged out. Are you actively using your account while running the program?

#38 The Awesome Max

The Awesome Max
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

I think you're probably getting logged out. Are you actively using your account while running the program?

No, its actually filled the screen and is starting a new line of dashes below the original.

#39 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:32 AM

No, its actually filled the screen and is starting a new line of dashes below the original.

Exit and restart. You almost certainly got logged out for some reason. I don't do re-login because that means checking that you're logged in before every single request, which is no good.

Edited by Inkheart, 20 March 2012 - 11:33 AM.

#40 The Awesome Max

The Awesome Max
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

Sad part is, this is usually the quickest part of the plot for me :x

#41 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

You Got Another Rock. You So Silly, JubJubs.

I love programs with an attitude. I finished the Water Part. Program is rockin' the gear-grindin'

EDIT: SUCCESSFUL PROGRAM!THANK YOU INKHEART! GOT TROPHY AND EVERYTHING!

Edited by Keil, 20 March 2012 - 11:44 AM.

#42 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:44 AM

Sad part is, this is usually the quickest part of the plot for me :x

...people should just manually do the steps they have issues with as that's the LEAST they can do.. thanks again for the program/code.

It especially shouldn't be too much of a problem for you if you usually do it quickly :p~

#43 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

I went to run and came back after 3 miles and it was still throwing switches lol
So I restarted the program, I must have gotten logged out somehow? Gonna go take a shower and hopefully it will be done when I come back :)

#44 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

hmmm mine seems to crash after looking for the oils... looks through all the statues, says it seems like i've already oiled it, joins the astronomy club then crashes 0_o

#45 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

I love programs with an attitude. I finished the Water Part. Program is rockin' the gear-grindin'

EDIT: SUCCESSFUL PROGRAM!THANK YOU INKHEART! GOT TROPHY AND EVERYTHING!

Awesome! One success is all I wanted, but I do very much hope there will be others to follow. Guys: it worked for Keil. It's the same code for everybody, so it should eventually work for you, too. Make sure you have a bank account, make sure you have a reliable connection, and make sure the program is the only thing using your account while it runs. : )

#46 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

Sorry, mate. There's nowhere to go to check whether you have the medicine, pie, or bandages, so it has to go back and make sure to prevent things getting really screwy. : /

Um... you can check...

Spoiler

#47 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:18 PM

Yay it finished for me too! I had to restart it a couple of times but it's done! :D Great job Inkheart :thumbsup:

#48 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

Um... you can check...

Spoiler

Oops... XD

Edit: If you ever release, though, make sure your conditional is stricter. Right now you're searching the whole page for single common words; user and pet names could very easily break it.

Edited by Inkheart, 20 March 2012 - 12:25 PM.

#49 The Awesome Max

The Awesome Max
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

Its finished for me as well, works well enough if you don't hit too many rough patches.

#50 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

You're amazing, congratz on taking up more then 'just' being a PHP programmer :]. Love peace and chicken grease!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users