63 replies to this topic

#26 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

I see you boys typing like mad, simmer down yon cute programmers

It was probably due pet creations being more numerous than they should have. I am sure no one on this site had anything to do with it. They wouldn't compromise something beneficial to the rest of us just to be big fat selfish douchebags, right?

#27 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

The thing that bothers me is that even if someone did report the exploit because of this topic, I couldn't imagine TNT actually reading the report and fixing it that fast :/

#28 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

The thing that bothers me is that even if someone did report the exploit because of this topic, I couldn't imagine TNT actually reading the report and fixing it that fast :/

That's what I'm saying. It is highly improbable that TNT has already fixed it.

Unless... Someone here works for TNT!!! *dun dun dun*

I will need a lock-down for all Codex members. No one is going anywhere! We are going to solve this case and we are going to solve it now!

#29 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

Apparently they did fix it that fast. Why else would they fix the cybunny?

#30 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

I see you boys typing like mad, simmer down yon cute programmers

It was probably due pet creations being more numerous than they should have. I am sure no one on this site had anything to do with it. They wouldn't compromise something beneficial to the rest of us just to be big fat selfish douchebags, right?

While certainly possible, it strikes me as unlikely. Watching and filtering live logs is something very few PHP programmers know how to do. And, of course, there are quite a few people in the world (and, thus, on this forum) who simply enjoy fucking shit up for one reason or another (the lulz, I've heard). Either way, I'm quite confident in my assessment that it was never possible to create a Lutari in the manner Neocodex has suggested. When programmers unveil their interesting tricks, they tend to do so in a manner that is equally interesting. It doesn't make sense for him to have unveiled this loophole by creating a Cybunny on Lutari Day. No hard feelings, of course, I just really like playing armchair psychologist.

#31 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

That's what I'm saying. It is highly improbable that TNT has already fixed it.

Unless... Someone here works for TNT!!! *dun dun dun*

I will need a lock-down for all Codex members. No one is going anywhere! We are going to solve this case and we are going to solve it now!

Quick! Write a plot! Make stupid puzzles! Create a LE codex cash only avatar!

#32 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

:(

It doesnt work anymore?

Maaan

Posted Image

#33 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

Quick! Write a plot! Make stupid puzzles! Create a LE codex cash only avatar!

Omg that would be fun. Brb convincing the Codex staff to hold a murder mystery sort of like the TNT Ski Lodge Murder Mystery.

#34 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

While certainly possible, it strikes me as unlikely. Watching and filtering live logs is something very few PHP programmers know how to do. And, of course, there are quite a few people in the world (and, thus, on this forum) who simply enjoy fucking shit up for one reason or another (the lulz, I've heard). Either way, I'm quite confident in my assessment that it was never possible to create a Lutari in the manner Neocodex has suggested. When programmers unveil their interesting tricks, they tend to do so in a manner that is equally interesting. It doesn't make sense for him to have unveiled this loophole by creating a Cybunny on Lutari Day. No hard feelings, of course, I just really like playing armchair psychologist.

The only reason I posted a Cybunny screenshot in the first place was because Rainie asked about it. I later posted the Lutari screenshot because you said that I knew it wouldn't work for Lutari. I would almost agree with you and say that I had somehow missed the fact that Lutari were in stock when I created my own Lutari, and that this had stopped working sometime between now and the last Chomby day, but the fact that the Cybunny creation stopped working a few minutes after tells me that there was no mistake. I'm totally positive that the Cybunny creation had worked, and a user confirmed it.

Edited by Neoquest, 19 April 2012 - 06:40 PM.

#35 Dayzee

Dayzee
  • 483 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

It just worked for me. Made a lutari..

#36 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

Fuck you all imo. Someone on codex is obviously sucking TNT hard

#37 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

It just worked for me. Made a lutari..

Another batch of Lutaris was just released. :p

#38 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

The only reason I posted a Cybunny screenshot in the first place was because Rainie asked about it. I later posted the Lutari screenshot because you said that I knew it wouldn't work for Lutari. I would almost agree with you and say that I had somehow missed the fact that Lutari were in stock when I created my own Lutari, and that this had stopped working sometime between now and the last Chomby day, but the fact that the Cybunny creation stopped working a few minutes after tells me that there was no mistake. I'm totally positive that that had worked, and a user confirmed it.

I am not questioning that it worked for Cybunnies. As for it ever working for Lutari, though, there is no empirical evidence to validate the claim. Come on, man, you're a programmer; think about how you would have set the system up. If TNT are even remotely reasonable, there's likely a dictionary on the server somewhere that just contains true or false for each pet, depending on whether or not it can be created at the present time. During species days, one of the programmers just goes in and changes the false to true for a little bit. Then, during pet creation, that value is checked against to see if the pet in the query string is actually allowed to be created. Then, after the limit's up, they just set it back to false. This is very much the "PHP way" of doing things like that. Assuming their system is even slightly similar, it has never been possible to create LE species unless TNT intended for it to be so. I imagine they allowed this method to work for Tonu and Cybunny because they're such lame-ass species.

#39 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

Even if there was a spy on the forums, can't we just cut him a break? I'm sure he's only doing his job. :)

I am not questioning that it worked for Cybunnies. As for it ever working for Lutari, though, there is no empirical evidence to validate the claim. Come on, man, you're a programmer; think about how you would have set the system up. If TNT are even remotely reasonable, there's likely a dictionary on the server somewhere that just contains true or false for each pet, depending on whether or not it can be created at the present time. During species days, one of the programmers just goes in and changes the false to true for a little bit. Then, during pet creation, that value is checked against to see if the pet in the query string is actually allowed to be created. Then, after the limit's up, they just set it back to false. This is very much the "PHP way" of doing things like that. Assuming their system is even slightly similar, it has never been possible to create LE species unless TNT intended for it to be so. I imagine they allowed this method to work for Tonu and Cybunny because they're such lame-ass species.

Actually, I'd argue the more programmatic approach would be to provide date ranges when the pet is and isn't available ;) That way, there's no manual tweaking needed every other pet day. Either way, I suppose your point still stands.

#40 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

Even if there was a spy on the forums, can't we just cut him a break? I'm sure he's only doing his job. :)

I have never failed a mystery in my life!

There was once this rocky rock in a rock field full of rocks and I rocked that rock so hard it rocked and rocked off the rocky hill into rockiness.

#41 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

I have never failed a mystery in my life!

There was once this rocky rock in a rock field full of rocks and I rocked that rock so hard it rocked and rocked off the rocky hill into rockiness.

Posting something as nonsensical as that to lead us off the scent sounds like the behaviour of the spy!

#42 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

A fair observation, of course. Just an icky feeling, though, to think there might be a mole.

Actually, I'd argue the more programmatic approach...

And that's where your comment stopped being relevant. : P TNT, PHP, WTF.

#43 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

I agree that method seems to be a logical way to do it, but it still doesn't make sense to me why it would just suddenly stop working for Cybunny seemingly magically, unless TNT fixed it. If this was a Lutari-only thing, I would agree with you.

#44 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

Posting something as nonsensical as that to lead us off the scent sounds like the behaviour of the spy!

The way you are instigating shows you are most definitely of the spy persuasion!

#45 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

seemingly magically, unless TNT fixed it...

I'm sure you're a sharp enough chap to realize that that statement makes little sense. Changing something like $can_create['cybunny'] from true to false is not "magic".

#46 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

Just created a Lutari :)

#47 Graz

Graz
  • 231 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

I agree that method seems to be a logical way to do it, but it still doesn't make sense to me why it would just suddenly stop working for Cybunny seemingly magically, unless TNT fixed it. If this was a Lutari-only thing, I would agree with you.

Google brought me to another forum that said this stopped working for everything but tonus 3 years ago..

Just created a Lutari :)

Posted Imagethey just released a bunch

Edited by Graz, 19 April 2012 - 07:03 PM.

#48 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

Google brought me to another forum that said this stopped working for everything but tonus 3 years ago..

I created a Cybunny about an hour ago using this.

#49 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

Yeah I just went, made one with a badass name that I'm surprised was still available! :D

#50 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

I'm sure you're a sharp enough chap to realize that that statement makes little sense. Changing something like $can_create['cybunny'] from true to false is not "magic".

I never implied that it was done by magic, you seemed to skip over my "unless TNT fixed it." I was trying to say that it seems highly unlikely it just "stopped working," with such perfect timing, unless something was done about it. Wouldn't it make sense that if the Cybunnies stopped being creatable, the Lutari would as well?

Edited by Neoquest, 19 April 2012 - 07:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users