Photo

SOTW #35

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#26 esotericaKoalan

esotericaKoalan
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:10 AM

Wouldn't that go against the entire let's-keep-everything-anonymous rule?

#27 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

Wouldn't that go against the entire let's-keep-everything-anonymous rule?

Not if it hasnt been used before on the site. If you made it a while back, I don't see the harm in it being used in this weeks SOTW. As long as it can be proven as being your own (either through providing the PSD file or something similar).As long as no one else has seen it, then you should be fine.

#28 xSerpentine

xSerpentine
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:03 AM

:cop: Alert: I have extended the SOTW for another day since I've gotten only 2 entries so far. One more entry will guarantee you a prize.
The more Signatures I receive the better. Get them in NOW if you want a chance at a prize!

#29 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:29 AM

Shit, I thought the deadline was Friday. I had mine ready to submit...

Thank you for extending it but yeah really sucks that you have only two entries.

I'm not rich but I'll donate four baby paint brushes, two to first and one each to second and third. Maybe we'll get some more entries.

I'll get my entry to you later today mate.

#30 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:54 AM

Shit, I thought the deadline was Friday. I had mine ready to submit...

Thank you for extending it but yeah really sucks that you have only two entries.

I'm not rich but I'll donate four baby paint brushes, two to first and one each to second and third. Maybe we'll get some more entries.

I'll get my entry to you later today mate.

Wow thanks for that donation mate. Get your entry in and you may get one (or more) of them back lol
Added new prizes to the OP.

But seriously, come on people, it can't be THAT hard to create a masterpiece.

As an example taken off of another forum:
Posted Image
This sig really doesnt have that much effort behind it, however, its clean, concise and on topic. Have a go at one! You never know, you may surprise yourselves :)

Also, Pyro has informed me that he will donate a $10 NC card to first place too :) Massive thanks mate. Now if that's not an incentive and a half of prizes, I don't know what is. Also I think it fair to extend the competition until Sunday now as this will give others some decent time to create a signature for this comp.

#31 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:46 AM

I'm waiting for a new lappy cable! Im sooooooooooooooo outta practice on siggys but I'll put one forward for this for sure! Aslong as I get my cable before friday lol.

Comeon guys get involved! Even if your shite its all good practice to become better, theres no harm in having a go :)

#32 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:47 AM

$10 NC Card donated by the Neocodex Staff!

*cries*

I'm waiting for a new lappy cable!

AGAIN?

#33 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:52 AM

*cries*

AGAIN?

Agreed, WTF do you do to wreck your cables so often? .......... wait, i don't want to know -_-

#34 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:07 AM

This is awesome, thanks everyone who donated. Hopefully we'll get a lot more entries.

#35 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:13 AM

I'd love to enter but this theme is...
I have no inspiration D:

Yeah that was the case with me but I did some research and got inspired. Try it if you get time :)

#36 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:23 AM

*cries*

AGAIN?

Agreed, WTF do you do to wreck your cables so often? .......... wait, i don't want to know -_-

Welllllll..... I get into odd possistions when im on my laptop and the cable connection gets all bent. Soooooooooo, yeh. Also I buy cheap fake ones from china.

#37 xSerpentine

xSerpentine
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:45 AM

I found something, need to find a new driver for my Wacom tablet now ._.

If you're having trouble with the driver, please tell me the model and I could hook you up :p
Using the tablet is going to be awesome. Best of luck!:thumbsup:

#38 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:47 AM

I found something, need to find a new driver for my Wacom tablet now ._.

The up to date drivers are on the site. Just google Wacom.

Also xSerpentine is going to put up meanings to the seven virtues if that will help :)

#39 xSerpentine

xSerpentine
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:48 AM

Welllllll..... I get into odd possistions when im on my laptop and the cable connection gets all bent. Soooooooooo, yeh. Also I buy cheap fake ones from china.

I know what you mean and you shouldn't buy the ones from china :unsure: I buy the original ones no matter the brand. I sometimes buy 2 or 3 adapters when I buy a laptop xD
Plus the same thing not only happens to me but my best friend too.

#40 xSerpentine

xSerpentine
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:09 AM

I found it, it's installing now. Been a long time since I've used it so things may go awry =\

Lat thing I did was..
Posted Image

I don't think I could do anything near that again D:

The color composition, the detail and amount of work you put into it is simply amazing :thumbsup:. I would love to see more!
The last time I saw my tablet was in 2008, I have no clue where it is.

Edited by xSerpentine, 02 May 2012 - 05:11 AM.

#41 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:11 AM

Just a question... do we have to include all the 7 virtues or can we work around one?

#42 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:14 AM

Just a question... do we have to include all the 7 virtues or can we work around one?

You can do either/or its totally up to you. Most people would just stick to one of them to make it easier :)

#43 xSerpentine

xSerpentine
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:15 AM

You may choose to depict all or any number of virtues from the seven :funone:
Best of luck with your entry!

Edited by xSerpentine, 03 May 2012 - 10:18 PM.

#44 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:16 AM

You can do either/or its totally up to you. Most people would just stick to one of them to make it easier :)

Alright thanks!:D

#45 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:21 AM

Thanks. That was a basic line art that I found on DA, I used it to practice my shading and blending techniques while I learned to navigate photoshop.
I started out doing pixel art when I was a kid, literally pixel by pixel in MSPaint. Eventually I moved on to using Paint shop pro, until my husband got me Photoshop CS4 and now CS5.
I'm still learning, so any chance at finding inspiration and doing something arty works for me lol :)

And THIS is what i believe the SOTW should be all about :)

#46 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:05 PM

Entries still open? I'm working on mine. When are they due Serpentine?

#47 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:16 PM

Yes they are Kat. Sunday 12:00am NST ;)

#48 xSerpentine

xSerpentine
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

Entries still open? I'm working on mine. When are they due Serpentine?

Entries Due: 12:00 AM NST Sunday 6th MAY
Voting Ends:
12:00 AM NST Tuesday 8th MAY

:thumbsup:

#49 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

what BOO sunday is so far ahaha i thought i'd see them tonight

#50 esotericaKoalan

esotericaKoalan
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

Thanks. That was a basic line art that I found on DA, I used it to practice my shading and blending techniques while I learned to navigate photoshop.
I started out doing pixel art when I was a kid, literally pixel by pixel in MSPaint. Eventually I moved on to using Paint shop pro, until my husband got me Photoshop CS4 and now CS5.
I'm still learning, so any chance at finding inspiration and doing something arty works for me lol :)

Now CS6 :D. I'm actually really excited about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users