#1 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

hai guise.
I'm playing pokemon fire red on a gameboy micro
Posted Image
isn't that cute

anyway, i've been training to battle the elite four for two days now and it's really boring. Especially because my younger brother, who's usually my tool, is to busy playing TF2 and won't train for me ;c
going in, i've got
Hypno
Lapras
Moltres/Charizard (not sure which one)
Haunter
Zapdos
Vileplume

they're all around level 52-56.
should i keep training? D:
and how should i prepare myself pre e4 ?
I was thinking of stocking up on a fuckload of everthing so even if i did lose half my gold i'd still have tons of items.

#2 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

hai guise.
I'm playing pokemon fire red on a gameboy micro
Posted Image
isn't that cute

anyway, i've been training to battle the elite four for two days now and it's really boring. Especially because my younger brother, who's usually my tool, is to busy playing TF2 and won't train for me ;c
going in, i've got
Hypno
Lapras
Moltres/Charizard (not sure which one)
Haunter
Zapdos
Vileplume

they're all around level 52-56.
should i keep training? D:
and how should i prepare myself pre e4 ?
I was thinking of stocking up on a fuckload of everthing so even if i did lose half my gold i'd still have tons of items.

Haunter wont do you much good. He isnt fast enough to keep up with agatha.
Posted Image

Hypno and zapdos might help against Bruno depending on their movepool.
Be sure Hypno has psychic type moves (derp)
I think zapdos shhould know Drill peck.
Posted Image

Lapras seems to be your only hope against Lance. Teach it ice type moves.
Charizard might help if he knows Dragon type moves.
Posted Image

Lorilei (or however you spell her name) will not be a problem for you.
Vileplume and Charizard will make short work of her.
Use lapras as a wall to use items if ya need to :)
Posted Image

Your levels are fine. The highest you will fight is more or less....62. Up to you i guess.

And all this from a pokemon nerd o____o

#3 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:47 PM

i've been training haunter like a bitch ;( should i feed it speed potions or whatever ?

#4 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

i've been training haunter like a bitch ;( should i feed it speed potions or whatever ?

Well...
Idk..he can only be so fast as a 2nd evo.

Im afraid he just isnt strong enough without evolving.

#5 Norava

Norava
  • Pro Can Cran

• 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:04 AM

I'm a huge dragon type person. I usually pick up dratini along the way and evolve it into a dragonite. Then you can have flying, water, and dragon type moves all on one pokemon.v

#6 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:08 AM

Well...
Idk..he can only be so fast as a 2nd evo.

Im afraid he just isnt strong enough without evolving.

Even Gengar isn't the best but as far as Ghost Type goes they are probably the best for Spec. Attack + Spec. Defense. Just don't use Curse for the love of all things Pokemon.

#7 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:24 AM

Even Gengar isn't the best but as far as Ghost Type goes they are probably the best for Spec. Attack + Spec. Defense. Just don't use Curse for the love of all things Pokemon.

She's limited to Pokemon that she can catch pre-national dex.

Gengar is the best ghost available at this point and haunter can't measure up. :(

#8 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:29 AM

She's limited to Pokemon that she can catch pre-national dex.

Gengar is the best ghost available at this point and haunter can't measure up. :(

Yeah that's what I was thinking, personally I'd take Kadabra over Haunter if evolution isn't an option.

Right... too bad she doesn't have a Blastoise instead of Lapras.

#9 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:31 AM

jumps around frantically
guoise guoise i just beat them !!!
i'm working on the quest to get the national dex, or whatever i'm supposed to do on one island :3

#10 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:40 AM

Yeah that's what I was thinking, personally I'd take Kadabra over Haunter if evolution isn't an option.

Right... too bad she doesn't have a Blastoise instead of Lapras.

lapras is bulkier then Blastoise and has water absorb

Blastoise lacks the speed to be sweeper. Lapras is overall bulky.

jumps around frantically
guoise guoise i just beat them !!!
i'm working on the quest to get the national dex, or whatever i'm supposed to do on one island :3

Congrats robots :)

#11 OriginalFake

OriginalFake
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

Just get blastoise, only use him the whole game, teach him ice beam surf hydro pump and blizzard, and then solo the elite four (<--- my strategy when i was younger :D)

#12 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

awww, you didn't have Gyarados in your team? :(

#13 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

i stopped using gyarados after lapras joined my team
i named my lapras after my brother
o.mg this pokemon is getting to me

#14 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:57 AM

Just get blastoise, only use him the whole game, teach him ice beam surf hydro pump and blizzard, and then solo the elite four (<--- my strategy when i was younger :D)

I tried this tactic with Charizard when I was 6 and playing Red. Unfortunately, my level 100 Charizard was unable to make it solo. ;(

#15 yeah

yeah
  • 260 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

Now, I have no idea, because when I battled the E4 in Diamond (my first independent adventure) I didn't modify my party whatsoever. All I did was train my Empoleon like there was no tomorrow. it worked (: Funny, I didn't give one single fuck about stats, types or anything back then. I just knew the basic water-fire-grass thing from the card game.

#16 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

Now, I have no idea, because when I battled the E4 in Diamond (my first independent adventure) I didn't modify my party whatsoever. All I did was train my Empoleon like there was no tomorrow. it worked (: Funny, I didn't give one single fuck about stats, types or anything back then. I just knew the basic water-fire-grass thing from the card game.

You played Diamond and you didn't know anything about the new types? Dayum, that's ballsy. I find that my party choices are based a LOT on what enemy type I'm facing. Very few types can be trained in all areas. Dragon is a notable example, and perhaps Normal type without a secondary type.

I have my GB color sitting on the floor with Blue loaded up. I've been trying to find batteries to use, but they all keep dying after ten minutes or so, even the lithium ones I found! I'm going to have to buy some. My DS has Black loaded up, but I haven't finished it yet. I own Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Pearl and Black. I never had a GBA so I missed those when they came out. I did buy a copy of Ruby, but I haven't played past the second gym or so.

I've beaten Blue, Yellow, Silver, Gold, and Pearl, and I've completed the Dex for Blue, Gold and Silver. I'm really considering buying a HeartGold or SoulSilver copy soon, but I've already got two games in process and not enough time to play :unsure:

#17 Graz

Graz
  • 231 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:00 AM

You should switch out Moltres and Charizard for Arcanine. I remember having Nidoking, Jolteon, Lapras and Alakazam as well for my stadium team.

I remember buying platinum and playing long enough to get the promotional legendaries from white and black advertising. They changed so much that I couldn't play the games without ruining my memories.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users