NeoCodex Member Locations Thread

• Please log in to reply
349 replies to this topic

#251 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:05 PM

Sounds like you have a great itinerary already! If you can only hit up a me memorial, do the Lincoln or the Jefforson. I'm completely in awe of both of those. Just visited last month during the Cherry Blossom festival.

I have always wanted to go during that time, but I just started a new job in March and I don't have any vacation time accumulated. If not for a three day vacation already planned in July, my August trip to DC would be longer than a single weekend. I'll make the most of it.

Edited by talbs, 13 May 2015 - 12:05 PM.

#252 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:13 PM

I have always wanted to go during that time, but I just started a new job in March and I don't have any vacation time accumulated. If not for a three day vacation already planned in July, my August trip to DC would be longer than a single weekend. I'll make the most of it.

Oh this is in August? Damn it's gonna be really hot there lol make sure to dress lightly. Summer in DC is a sweaty mess.

#253 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:30 PM

Oh this is in August? Damn it's gonna be really hot there lol make sure to dress lightly. Summer in DC is a sweaty mess.

The two other times I went it was in February so I am sure time will be quite the opposite, and in August it's only slightly cooler in North Carolina I imagine. My girlfriend has been barking to go to DC forever and August was the first realistic chance to make it happen, besides last November, so it'll suffice for now!

Edited by talbs, 13 May 2015 - 12:31 PM.

#254 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:16 PM

Probably not the best place to put this, but as I had to refer to this topic to see member locations, it seems appropriate.

I am going to visit DC in August and I have a few questions. I am most likely staying in Arlington, unless suggestions lead me elsewhere. Basically I want to know if I should just stick to the Metro, or if it's worth trying to figure out the Bus schedule, or should I consider Uber/Lyft as a solid alternative? I am going to be there 2-3 days so what would you recommend as "must do/sees" while I am there? I went when I was 16 with my school so I have seen the larger attractions, and I went about 5 years ago on my own and pretty much just walked around the National Mall. I'd like to experience as much as I can in the relatively short time frame I will have, likely 12 PM on a given Saturday until 6 PM on Monday.

@Bone @redlion @Kord

Sorry but I don't really have any suggestions...I'm not a fan of DC and thus venture into it as seldom as possible.  :lol2:

#255 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:22 PM

@talbs you looking for bars/clubs or like museums and shit or what

#256 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:20 PM

Sorry but I don't really have any suggestions...I'm not a fan of DC and thus venture into it as seldom as possible.  :lol2:

That's how I feel about almost every big city I've ever visited or lived near, yet I love DC for some reason. Chicago wasn't terrible either.

@talbs you looking for bars/clubs or like museums and shit or what

Pretty much museums and chill places that the average tourist wouldn't think to check out, or places that may be underrated thus off the radar. We may have time to eat a nice dinner somewhere, but I feel like we will try to eat as quickly and infrequently as possible so that we can maximize sight seeing potential.

#257 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:17 AM

• UNITED STATES, Florida, West Palm Beach

#258 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:31 AM

Idk if you're still updating this but I live in Belgium, Leuven :)

#259 poofka

poofka
  • 84 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:49 PM

us, ny, longisland

#260 Cerasai

Cerasai
  • 18 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:03 PM

Europe, Germany, Düsseldorf 

#261 MariliisR

MariliisR
  • 43 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:09 AM

UUuuuuu, my country is not on the list at all :D

• ESTONIA, Harjumaa, Tallinn 

#262 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:29 AM

UUuuuuu, my country is not on the list at all :D

• ESTONIA, Harjumaa, Tallinn 

@Cyo is from Estonia :D

#263 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:46 AM

@Strategist Oh no, I've been made.

#264 MariliisR

MariliisR
  • 43 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:11 AM

@Cyo is from Estonia :D

Wooooooooooo! :D

#265 stormcloak

stormcloak
  • 41 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:15 AM

United States, Minnesota, Rosemount

:D

#266 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:59 AM

Capital federal, buenos aires, Argentina ! CHEEEEE

#267 pikapi314

pikapi314
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:10 PM

USA, Massachusetts 

I live in a very small town in Worcester County, so I would rather not state the name of it since our population is so low it would be easy to find and stalk me

#268 Leon13

Leon13
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:55 PM

- USA, South Dakota, Sioux Falls

#269 Hyori

Hyori
  • 45 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:12 PM

'MURICA, DC, Vienna.

Probably not the best place to put this, but as I had to refer to this topic to see member locations, it seems appropriate.

I am going to visit DC in August and I have a few questions. I am most likely staying in Arlington, unless suggestions lead me elsewhere. Basically I want to know if I should just stick to the Metro, or if it's worth trying to figure out the Bus schedule, or should I consider Uber/Lyft as a solid alternative? I am going to be there 2-3 days so what would you recommend as "must do/sees" while I am there? I went when I was 16 with my school so I have seen the larger attractions, and I went about 5 years ago on my own and pretty much just walked around the National Mall. I'd like to experience as much as I can in the relatively short time frame I will have, likely 12 PM on a given Saturday until 6 PM on Monday.

@Bone @redlion @Kord

If you like the "tourist" thing, do visit all the hot spots like White House, all those monuments, Lincoln memorial, museums etc. Or you could hit up the -cough- red light district -cough-  As for the metro, if you will be doing the tourist-y things, be prepared to walk A LOT. The subway is pretty good about hitting most popular places, but it requires a little bit of walking. DC bus is a bitch. Stay away. So if you got cash to spare, do uber. Personally, i love the National Gallery of Art. Please go there. It's great. Also I really like the museum of natural history, lots of cool stuff. got dinos, rare gems (hope diamond is here~), got live butterfly exhibition, cool souvenir shop where you can buy non-tourist-y gifts, and also not too far away from Nat. Gal. ;)

If you have any friends in DC, bars will be fun near the Dupont Circle area (only bars in DCs i've been to because my friend lives there).

Ummmm what else... if you like museums, definitely check out the smithsonian museums. There's also the national arboretum which I've never been to but I've heard great things about, so if you like plants or picture taking/insta, check that out. If you're into law-stuff, you could check out the Judiciary Sq. and assault Donald Trump while you're there.  National Zoo should be open by now. It's free and it's actually pretty great despite being free. Not too crowded ad more animals and exhibitions than I expected.

Other than those, DC has quite a few festivals and events specific to the season so you should google if anything's planned the weekend you're visiting.

#270 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:45 AM

'MURICA, DC, Vienna.

If you like the "tourist" thing, do visit all the hot spots like White House, all those monuments, Lincoln memorial, museums etc. Or you could hit up the -cough- red light district -cough-  As for the metro, if you will be doing the tourist-y things, be prepared to walk A LOT. The subway is pretty good about hitting most popular places, but it requires a little bit of walking. DC bus is a bitch. Stay away. So if you got cash to spare, do uber. Personally, i love the National Gallery of Art. Please go there. It's great. Also I really like the museum of natural history, lots of cool stuff. got dinos, rare gems (hope diamond is here~), got live butterfly exhibition, cool souvenir shop where you can buy non-tourist-y gifts, and also not too far away from Nat. Gal. ;)

If you have any friends in DC, bars will be fun near the Dupont Circle area (only bars in DCs i've been to because my friend lives there).

Ummmm what else... if you like museums, definitely check out the smithsonian museums. There's also the national arboretum which I've never been to but I've heard great things about, so if you like plants or picture taking/insta, check that out. If you're into law-stuff, you could check out the Judiciary Sq. and assault Donald Trump while you're there.  National Zoo should be open by now. It's free and it's actually pretty great despite being free. Not too crowded ad more animals and exhibitions than I expected.

Other than those, DC has quite a few festivals and events specific to the season so you should google if anything's planned the weekend you're visiting.

My friend I stayed with in 2011 lived in Vienna, a couple miles from Oakton High. I really want to go see Book of Mormon at the Kennedy Center while we are there, but since we aren't staying but a couple days, I'm not sure I want that much of our time tied up for one event. Needless to say, I am still debating. I also have tours of the Capitol and White House lined up, but I may opt out as we get closer. I really wish I had a few extra days that I could stay, but this short trip will have to suffice for now.

Edited by talbs, 05 June 2015 - 04:45 AM.

#271 Hyori

Hyori
  • 45 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:01 AM

My friend I stayed with in 2011 lived in Vienna, a couple miles from Oakton High. I really want to go see Book of Mormon at the Kennedy Center while we are there, but since we aren't staying but a couple days, I'm not sure I want that much of our time tied up for one event. Needless to say, I am still debating. I also have tours of the Capitol and White House lined up, but I may opt out as we get closer. I really wish I had a few extra days that I could stay, but this short trip will have to suffice for now.

Bro. I live next to oakton high. I went there. this is scary xD

BUT YES. I forgot about Kennedy Center. Good choice :p

#272 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:06 AM

Bro. I live next to oakton high. I went there. this is scary xD

BUT YES. I forgot about Kennedy Center. Good choice :p

Well, he was living in Vienna and commuting to DC to finish up a PhD program so it was just a 6 or 12 month stay, so no worries of him actually being a former classmate of yours!

Edited by talbs, 05 June 2015 - 09:07 AM.

#273 Hyori

Hyori
  • 45 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:10 AM

Well, he was living in Vienna and commuting to DC to finish up a PhD program so it was just a 6 or 12 month stay, so no worries of him actually being a former classmate of yours!

Lol still what a coincidence.

But honestly, unless your work or school is in DC, people in NoVA actually dont go to DC that much xD We try to avoid the traffic,  the tourists, and the chaos.

#274 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:12 AM

Lol still what a coincidence.

But honestly, unless your work or school is in DC, people in NoVA actually dont go to DC that much xD We try to avoid the traffic,  the tourists, and the chaos.

I understand that. I am about 15 minutes outside of Charlotte, and I don't ever go there unless it's for a sporting event. The further I am away from the madness, the better off I am.

Edited by talbs, 05 June 2015 - 09:12 AM.

#275 AmbidextrousParadox

AmbidextrousParadox
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:41 PM

Brazil, Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users