Quantcast

Photo

How did I lose several hundred posts and the ability to update itemDB.

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#26 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:08 AM

You're joking right?

Nope :D

#27 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:09 AM

You're joking right?

I can put it back if you don't want it. :p

#28 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:13 AM

Indeed this was the problem I was trying to alleviate for all users that used the item DB in one way or another, Nymh. Too bad not everyone saw it that way!

I understand that having correct prices will be of benefit to all members who utilize the iDB. But the ability to price the DB is not vital to your selling thread, nor is it his. If I am not mistaken, your selling thread wasn't even one of your reasons for wanting the ability? Shrouded didn't really answer my question, though. He addressed why updated prices are useful for everyone, but not why they are so important to his selling thread.

#29 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:14 AM

Lol omg.

I saw it yesterday and I sent a PM to Hydrogen saying how does gettin Adv. + work because I didn't know who to thank. I was smiling for ages then he told me I shouldn't be there, I felt like a right twat.

But thank you guys, I'm extremely grateful. It means a lot :)

#30 ch33psh33p

ch33psh33p
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:15 AM

I understand that having correct prices will be of benefit to all members who utilize the iDB. But the ability to price the DB is not vital to your selling thread, nor is it his. If I am not mistaken, your selling thread wasn't even one of your reasons for wanting the ability? Shrouded didn't really answer my question, though. He addressed why updated prices are useful for everyone, but not why they are so important to his selling thread.

Indeed, I believe he means that his own ability to purchase the correct items directly impacts what he can sell. And no, the ability was only to help out the masses so that they wouldn't be purchasing 400k items thinking they were worth 3M, or missing out on purchases entirely.

Did you know the R99 Holographic Virtupets Stamp is priced at 2.5M right now? That means anyone who goes into stamp using Abrosia will buy a Meerca Spy Stamp priced at 3M before one of the most valuable R99's in an avatar-enabling set.

There's too many examples to count, but thats what I believe he was referring to. It was just about buying the right items.

Edited by ch33psh33p, 17 June 2012 - 06:18 AM.

#31 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:47 AM

Kinda veering off topic now, but I think the administration should promote the use of/pricing the item database. If it was ever fixed (it's too much of a pain in the ass to update many prices at once) and it was suggested that people who are knowledgeable on the prices for certain types of items monitor/update their prices in the database, this would be less of a problem.

#32 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

It's definitely vital for the same reason it is useful to every one else. I save screenshots of my buys and I've purchased full armours over 5m stamps. The prices of at least 20% of UBs are not as accurate as they could be. I understand why they aren't accurate but Laura and I could easily update a portion as time goes on. The worst is probably the r99 stamp Laura just mentioned...

#33 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:52 AM

You're joking right?

Just to make you feel warm and fuzzy on the inside, ive never seen such a 1-sided vote in in my life.

Indeed this was the problem I was trying to alleviate for all users that used the item DB in one way or another, Nymh. Too bad not everyone saw it that way!

Oh i know!

#34 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:57 AM

Just to make you feel warm and fuzzy on the inside, ive never seen such a 1-sided vote in in my life.

Most of them are like that tbh. :p

#35 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:05 AM

lol i lost about 10-20 posts. doesnt bother me though

#36 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:06 AM

It's definitely vital for the same reason it is useful to every one else. I save screenshots of my buys and I've purchased full armours over 5m stamps. The prices of at least 20% of UBs are not as accurate as they could be. I understand why they aren't accurate but Laura and I could easily update a portion as time goes on. The worst is probably the r99 stamp Laura just mentioned...

It looks like your post count has been raised, so this is kind of moot but looking back through the UBs that have been priced in the DB it doesn't look like you had been pricing there to begin with, and the last time you priced on the non-advanced thread was in the beginning of April so...

Spoiler

#37 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:53 AM

I guess it only counts posts which are still in the database. Older members likely had posts from years ago which were subsequently no longer in the database but were still being included in their post count. I, for example, appear to have lost like 2000 posts. :p

Ohhhhh I see.
Thanks for the clarification :D

#38 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:27 PM

I just recently started a week ago directly pricing the itemDB. Prior to a few weeks ago I wasn't capable of purchasing the volume of high tier items I can now.

#39 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

i lost my keys

#40 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:50 PM

I lost around 4000 posts. I feel violated.

#41 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

Did this problem strike every at the same time? 'Cause I seem to have dropped about 2000 posts since yesterday...

#42 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

From the main board index your avatar appears to be sucking a penis. The head motion coupled with a smaller image made me lul.

#43 Senrath

Senrath
  • 305 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

Did this problem strike every at the same time? 'Cause I seem to have dropped about 2000 posts since yesterday...

It would've struck everyone at pretty much the exact same time, since the cause is the cache being updated.

#44 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:36 PM

Definitely lost a decent chunk; 400 posts or so. Meh

#45 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

From the main board index your avatar appears to be sucking a penis. The head motion coupled with a smaller image made me lul.

The sucking I get, but which part looks like a penis?

#46 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

The sucking I get, but which part looks like a penis?

I used my imagination. I noticed the head motion so I figured you wouldn't be able to see the penis. It loaded this page quickly so I didn't get a good view ahah

#47 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:17 PM

I used my imagination. I noticed the head motion so I figured you wouldn't be able to see the penis. It loaded this page quickly so I didn't get a good view ahah

Some imagination you got there =P

#48 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

19 and horny

#49 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:45 PM

19 and horny

I have a cousin going through the same phase =P It's so hard to talk to them when that's all they think about...

#50 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

Same, lost 2000-odd posts.
Oh well xD

On the plus side, all of iargue's fake post count is now vanished ;)

Actually. My fake post count was reset my SL ages ago. The post count that I had was the one that was set by the board.

I lost some 2,000 posts :|

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users